U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 07:34 AM

21,600 posts, read 11,648,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Yup. Slavery, racism and the problems they caused have not gone away. So it's less of a scar than a festering, oozing abscess. The problem must be acknowledged, faced and treated before it can heal, not ignored to protect the sensitive fee fees those who are not directly affected by problems that are still hurting real people and would rather stick their head in the sand.

I am constantly amazed at the racist, prejudiced statements that come out of people here. People who then go on to claim that the "race card" is overplayed and doesn't apply any more and that blacks, liberals and progressives see racism behind every tree where none exists. As if you have to say the N word, join the KKK or light a cross on someone's lawn or you're not really racist. The lack of self-awareness is just mind boggling.

All Obama's presidency did was make it socially acceptable for them to show their true feelings in public. Kind of like peeling back the pretty new carpet to reveal the rotten, moldy pad underneath.
Actually, people just need to go to work and pay their taxes. They need to marry their women and commit to their children for life instead of drifting around like stray dogs. They need to earn respect on their merit, not some government baloney.

And above all, they need to shut up about the color of skin. It wasn't supposed to matter by this time in America. Why do liberals insist on whipping up race problems?

Because if the people start to get along they won't need them anymore right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 07:38 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,969,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
She happened to have married Trump way before Trump considered being President........I do believe this is a cheap shot!

I for one agree this is not the First Lady I would consider, due to her modeling. At least she knows what it takes to become a citizen and won't be telling others that Americans won't allow them to come to America and that we hate immigrants. Trump and Melania will not be playing the victim card and this in itself will be a breathe of fresh air.
Trump has been playing the victim card throughout the primaries. The latest being how unfair a "Mexican" Judge has been to him.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:52 AM

7,692 posts, read 2,460,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I think Michelle said it more eloquently then you just did; she was pointing out how much America had changed for the better and used her husband and children as an example of that change.
Exactly. The real problem is that many people are very angry with that change. That's the real reason behind their responses. Such as life though.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:15 AM

17,751 posts, read 15,671,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
To bad she doesn't speak American worth a damn.

If you are going to criticize a foreigner for speaking your native language badly, try not to butcher it too much yourself. One lousy sentence, and you could not pull it off.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Trump has been playing the victim card throughout the primaries. The latest being how unfair a "Mexican" Judge has been to him.
Only someone of the right can dare speak of the concept since the entire democratic platform is based upon victim-hood. Sour grapes Cruz supporter or something?

Old 06-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Only someone of the right can dare speak of the concept since the entire democratic platform is based upon victim-hood. Sour grapes Cruz supporter or something?
You can put me in the category of I wish there was a better group to pick from. Before this primary season I would have bet that the Republicans could not have come up with a worse candidate than Cruz, but they achieved it.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You can put me in the category of I wish there was a better group to pick from. Before this primary season I would have bet that the Republicans could not have come up with a worse candidate than Cruz, but they achieved it.

Don't take this personally, but in all seriousness. Stop thinking like an idealistic peasant and Christian proselyte on their way to be raped and robbed in St Peters Basilica.

The British did not support the weaker power on the Continent because they loved them. The Ottomans had no love of the French and the Byzantines did not love the brother of the Sultan. Those in power break our ranks. They have a dry powder for another Haymarket Square. We need to do the same. I would have even gone for Sanders in this case , even though his ideology is the worst of them. Trump breaks their ranks. Both of them have already exposed the fraud of popular election in the party system. That is the dividend of dividing the house of your enemy. Always pick the weaker of a house divided that unified is against you. The only idealist in the entire founding government was Jefferson. A little goes a long way. A little is medicinal. Too much is poison.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Don't take this personally, but in all seriousness. Stop thinking like an idealistic peasant and Christian proselyte on their way to be raped and robbed in St Peters Basilica.

The British did not support the weaker power on the Continent because they loved them. The Ottomans had no love of the French and the Byzantines did not love the brother of the Sultan. Those in power break our ranks. They have a dry powder for another Haymarket Square. We need to do the same. I would have even gone for Sanders in this case , even though his ideology is the worst of them. Trump breaks their ranks. Both of them have already exposed the fraud of popular election in the party system. That is the dividend of dividing the house of your enemy. Always pick the weaker of a house divided that unified is against you. The only idealist in the entire founding government was Jefferson. A little goes a long way. A little is medicinal. Too much is poison.
If that is your attempt to convince me Trump is a legitimate choice then all I can say is save your time. Its not going to happen. I may not like Clinton, but there is no way I will vote for someone who I believe would be a disaster for America. Trump has spent his whole life as part of the power elite, despite whatever rhetoric he is spewing right now. I could say more, but it would be off topic and my very conservative mother advised me if I didn't have anything nice to say then perhaps I shouldn't say anything at all.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:06 AM

5,442 posts, read 4,100,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What are Michelle's transgressions???

I've listed them out in this thread ad-nauseum. Go back and read them again.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:20 AM

5,442 posts, read 4,100,134 times
I know this wasn't directed at me, but this is a good post and I'd like to respond.

Quote:
Sign....

The road ahead is not easy for anyone IMO....

Exactly. We ALL have struggles and are going to face much more in the upcoming years, regardless of who gets into office. We don't have any good choices, so we're going to take the brunt of whatever Hillary or Trump throws at us. (This is why IMO, it is more important than ever that we come together as one society regardless of race.)

Quote:
Also, do you truly believe that black Americans are not negatively judged or stereotyped in our society today moreso than a white person in particular??
I think that they think they are more than many of us think they are. I don't judge a single person by the color of their skin, but instead by the content of their character. I was happy to see a black American take office in the beginning and I don't think that everything Obama has accomplished has been negative. I also think that it was a great stride forward in American history to elect a black President. It goes to show that we ARE making progress despite folks from both sides trying to prevent it. I do think however, that when you go back and look at the content of their character and their past that this was the wrong person to be the first black American in office.

Quote:
Many people say this in regards to politics especially. Are you one of those people who think we need to "make America great again?" If so, you probably aren't proud of your country right now.
Absolutely not. America is great.... flawed as every other country, but great by my standards. I think Trump is swaying too far to the right even for me....

Quote:
FWIW black girls do rock !!!

We are wonderful, beautiful, talented, intelligent, capable, etc., etc., etc., people.

Agreed 100%! Some of the most beautiful, stunning, intelligent, and charismatic women I know are black women.

Quote:
I also wonder if you are one of those folks who complain about what "black people need to do to improve" ourselves. When we take steps to do so, like target our girls for uplift and mentoring such as what is done with Black Girls Rock, then you get made lol. It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" sort of thing with you people.

I think we ALL could use some improvement to ourselves. No one is immune to that. I sincerely hope that some day we can all stop finger pointing at each other and take a minute for self reflection instead of constantly pointing out what the other is doing wrong. But sometimes it takes another perspective for you to see that a change does need to be made. What would be nice would be for us to make sure the constructive criticism we give is necessary and actually constructive before giving it to hopefully reduce the backlash that often comes with it.

Quote:
See above comments, this is correct, she does wake up in a house built by slaves.

Yes... she does. And we all know that. It is such a sore subject though, that bringing it up doesn't empower everyone. It empowers one group, and offends another. Animosity is created because most of us don't like what our ancestors did. But we can't change it. All we want to do is move forward. By repeating it over and over (not just Michelle, but others as well) we are forced to repeat a piece of history that we played no part in. As I stated earlier, it's like re-living my mother passing away. I sit and watch it, knowing that there is nothing I can do to change the outcome.

Quote:
Many times people draw conclusions based on their own biased viewpoints. If you are biased of Michelle Obama, you will always see something negative in her words, speeches, or behavior. None of the items you mentioned above have anything negative or discriminatory about them. The one that is the focus of this thread especially is not controversial.

I'm not biased against Michelle. I'm offended by all of her past speeches, and her past of trying to organize black people to be against whites. Just as I am equally offended by Trump's determination to keep that alive and poke at white people to try and make us believe that all other races are inferior to ours. What good does it serve? It isn't true, and none of us should feel that any one race is superior to another. We are all equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or