U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Steeler Nation
6,868 posts, read 3,942,425 times
Reputation: 1596

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
That's not all she said. Interesting you folks got stuck on one line of a very good speech.

Michelle Obama Hits at Donald Trump in CUNY Grad Speech


Typical.
Typical? That is a racist statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:22 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,651,701 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You completely missed the fact, or are avoiding it altogether that for a long time this country, and indeed the entire "civilized" world bought and sold human beings like cattle.
Ummmm, no, I am not! Most of you will not admit it was NOT all WHITE people owning slaves!


For you to act like the common person owned a slave is missing the facts..........


Why are the Asians not complaining about the rock walls built all over the West? Could it be the past is the past and they believe in moving forward not backwards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Steeler Nation
6,868 posts, read 3,942,425 times
Reputation: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
As a genealogist, I am astonished when any person can make such a claim with a straight face. I am also descended from Colonials, dating back to 1636. In nearly twenty-five years of consistent research, I still cannot fill in some branches of my family tree. There is no way that you can make such a statement with any degree of certainty. A twelve-generation ancestor chart includes 4095 individuals! But even with what I do have documented, I have found evidence of ancestors who both supported and opposed slavery. Believe me, if your tree also goes as deep as mine, it's the same for you.
I have cousins who have been researching my fathers family for about 30 yrs, some I have the paperwork to prove it and some is hearsay evidence from past relatives. My gg grand father is mentioned in a book on the Pennsylvania volunteer militia. I also have his census and his discharge records. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...70810081,d.bGQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Texas
8,128 posts, read 5,812,775 times
Reputation: 6677
It was a great speech by the first lady.

You right wing nuts have issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:24 AM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,412,211 times
Reputation: 5026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So what if she mentions the African slaves. That is relevant to her experience. So why does it bother you?

LOL @ Obama hating whites when raised by his white mother and grandparents.
It's bothersome because that is NOT relevant to all those in the audience, and questionable as to her motive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
IMO it is very strange how so many of you take offense to any mention of slavery.

A majority of the laborers on the White House itself and a large amount of the actual house servants prior the Civil War were indeed slaves.

I don't see how you get offended by that when the construction was hundreds of years ago.
Raising the issue of slavery most often has a hidden agenda and motive. It highlights divisions and downplays unity, especially when the origins of slavery are conveniently ignored and the implication is made that only whites owned slaves (blacks did too) and only whites were involved in slave trading; both Europeans and Africans were joint partners in a common economy. America doesn't teach this historical accuracy in schools, but it IS taught in Nigeria, for example. They acknowledge their part in it.

Liberals have a skewed view because they don't know but ignorance is no excuse. Many, like MO, take advantage of ignorance to manipulate feelings.

It's sad to listen to one preach about equality and unity from someone who believes themselves superior.

Oh, by the way, Obama did acknowledge his white background but unequivocally rejected it. He and MO are products of the hateful preaching they willfully sat under for decades and the American-hating groups they were associated with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:26 AM
 
21,482 posts, read 11,591,826 times
Reputation: 12257
There's just something about the simple minded approach of Michelle and Barack that is hard to put a finger on. They are in positions that are just over their heads. They do not have the tact or style.

She shouldn't be throwing words around like that, she should know better. Someone is probably going to be killed somewhere because they constantly inflame people with their witless rhetoric.

They have no class or style. They are just turds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:30 AM
 
Location: The analog world
17,086 posts, read 9,856,223 times
Reputation: 22739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I have cousins who have been researching my fathers family for about 30 yrs, some I have the paperwork to prove it and some is hearsay evidence from past relatives. My gg grand father is mentioned in a book on the Pennsylvania volunteer militia. I also have his census and his discharge records. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...70810081,d.bGQ
Because your direct paternal line is the only one that matters? What part of 4,095 individuals do you not understand? No genealogist worth his salt would ever make the statement you made in your previous post.

I've got both Quaker abolitionists and Dutch slave runners in my family tree, and the same is likely true for you if your American roots really do go as far back as you claim.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-06-2016 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Texas
8,128 posts, read 5,812,775 times
Reputation: 6677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
... but I am going to reach for the PC card here and say bringing up slavery every time you give a speech is becoming offensive to white folks, it has been crammed down our throats for the last 60 yrs...
Good! Choke on that knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:30 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,651,701 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It was a great speech by the first lady.

You right wing nuts have issues.
Post #87
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2016, 08:31 AM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,412,211 times
Reputation: 5026
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There's just something about the simple minded approach of Michelle and Barack that is hard to put a finger on. They are in positions that are just over their heads. They do not have the tact or style.

She shouldn't be throwing words around like that, she should know better. Someone is probably going to be killed somewhere because they constantly inflame people with their witless rhetoric.

They have no class or style. They are just turds.
They are sly as serpents and are pressing forward with an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top