Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Elizabeth Warren a Minority
Yes, she overheard someone say so and she has high cheekbones 8 7.77%
No, she exploited minority status to STEAL Affirmative Action benefits from a real minority 95 92.23%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 06:28 PM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Blonde haired and blue eyed Elizabeth Warren identified herself as a minority in a legal directory and was listed as a Native American in Federal filings by Harvard for showing that they hired minorities.

She is NOT of Native American culture.

Her connection to Native American ancestry is supposedly hearing now dead relatives say so. The male ancestor they supposedly said was Native American looks white (picture of him surfaced) and self-identified as white. If Elizabeth Warren is correct, she may be less than 1% Native American.

Now Elizabeth Warren has cousins who are saying the whole Native American thing is not true.

If Elizabeth Warren lied about being a minority on her legal directory - she could have her law license revoked.

Does Elizabeth Warren who grew up 100% in white America, never experiencing life as a minority as she has fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair truly a minority?

Elizabeth Warren’s family has mixed memories about heritage - The Boston Globe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 06:32 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
She should pay back her entire education! If someone else is caught lying on an application they also have to pay restitution including interest!

Old 06-05-2016, 06:34 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Cleaver with your words, she is not of Native American culture, but that has nothing to do with if she has native American ancestry. From the sounds of the article, I would say she does.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:38 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
From your link:
"Warren’s extended family split about heritage
Some recall, others deny any links to Native Americans"

"During the late 1800s and early 1900s, many Native Americans did not join tribal rolls for a host of complex reasons, including residency requirements, fear of discrimination, and opposition to land allotment policies.
In the absence of documentation, the family’s link to any Native American tribe is a matter of narrative inheritance or folklore, as Warren puts it."

"David Herring of Norman, Okla., one of Warren’s three brothers, said in an interview that even when he was a child his relatives were reluctant to talk about the family’s Native American heritage because “it was not popular in my family.” Only when he begged his grandparents, said Herring, did they finally explain to him: “Your grandfather is part Delaware, a little bitty bit, way back, and your grandmother is part Cherokee. It was not the most popular thing to do in Oklahoma. [Indians] were degraded, looked down on.”

Warren’s brothers, Don, John, and David Herring, also issued a joint statement supporting their sister. “The people attacking Betsy and our family don’t know much about either. We grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family’s Cherokee and Delaware heritage. They’ve passed away now, but they’d be angry if they were around today listening to all this.”

Old 06-05-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
From you link:
"Warren’s extended family split about heritage
Some recall, others deny any links to Native Americans"
Denying any link doesn't mean much, some might either not know or wish to pretend like they have no connection.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:09 PM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Cleaver with your words, she is not of Native American culture, but that has nothing to do with if she has native American ancestry. From the sounds of the article, I would say she does.
If she is part Native American, by her own account, she could be less than 1% Native American and MORE THAN 99% white.

Does that constitute being a minority?

Would you seriously give Native American benefits to someone who:

-Can't prove they have Native American Ancestry
-Is NOT a registered member of any tribe
-Initially only had evidence from word of mouth, which is supported by siblings, but disputed by cousins
-The ancestor who is supposedly part Native American not only LOOKS white, but self-identified as white
-She has ZERO Native American Cultural connections
-Her only connection to being Native American is she overheard grandma say it
-Has fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair

Does this person deserve Native American benefits and minority status?

Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If she is part Native American, by her own account, she could be less than 1% Native American and MORE THAN 99% white.

Does that constitute being a minority?

Would you seriously give Native American benefits to someone who:

-Can't prove they have Native American Ancestry
-Is NOT a registered member of any tribe
-Initially only had evidence from word of mouth, which is supported by siblings, but disputed by cousins
-The ancestor who is supposedly part Native American not only LOOKS white, but self-identified as white
-She has ZERO Native American Cultural connections
-Her only connection to being Native American is she overheard grandma say it
-Has fair skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair

Does this person deserve Native American benefits and minority status?
If she has Native American in her then yes. A friend of mine who is very much Native American has a Native American mother who is blonde, fair skin, and blue eyes. She is as much Native American as he is, which he very much looks Native American.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:15 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
No one will ever know. If it is her ancestry, then it's hers. I'm more interested in those people who have NA ancestry but are denied recognition...

Old 06-05-2016, 08:25 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
If she has Native American in her then yes. A friend of mine who is very much Native American has a Native American mother who is blonde, fair skin, and blue eyes. She is as much Native American as he is, which he very much looks Native American.
Well, I do have some Native American ancestry (Abenaki) on my father's side but still the great majority of his side and my mother's entire side is White. The Indian heritage is interesting but it would be entirely misleading for me to claim that I was primarily Native American on some form or application when my roots are overwhelmingly European.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Well, I do have some Native American ancestry (Abenaki) on my father's side but still the great majority of his side and my mother's entire side is White. The Indian heritage is interesting but it would be entirely misleading for me to claim that I was primarily Native American on some form or application when my roots are overwhelmingly European.
But it wouldn't be misleading for you to claim that you have Native American in you and that you are in fact mix race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies