U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 09:11 PM

40,115 posts, read 39,653,139 times

Advertisements

No animal needs to be abused. This isn't rocket science here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 09:22 PM

15,839 posts, read 9,962,322 times
I doubt the shooting was justified but as a serial cat owner have never blubbered over the loss of a cat. Put it down, bury it, or toss in a dumpster, and move on. Neighbor wan't too bright to call a man with a gun for a suspected injured cat call.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:52 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,768,779 times
Seems that the cat was right to hiss at the officer.

Animals are better judges of humans than humans!

Old 06-06-2016, 06:17 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,400,168 times
Wouldn't be a good day city data without some recycled storyabout all the horror police do.... and the same group hand wringing.

This officer sounds cold to me..but I wasn't there...and I have only killed an animal once in my career...a deer strike on Malibu canyon... I helped load it in the truck of the driver... deer tag..no tag..whatever.. didn't let it go to waste

Meanwhile... numerous police officers will be injured today... at least one will be shot... and one may be killed...wonder if the police haters on here will post those stories

Yea... perspective

I'm a vegan...I won't be stuffing an animal in my mouth today..how many haters will...

Old 06-06-2016, 06:34 AM

29,518 posts, read 16,270,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Wouldn't be a good day city data without some recycled storyabout all the horror police do.... and the same group hand wringing.

This officer sounds cold to me..but I wasn't there...and I have only killed an animal once in my career...a deer strike on Malibu canyon... I helped load it in the truck of the driver... deer tag..no tag..whatever.. didn't let it go to waste

Meanwhile... numerous police officers will be injured today... at least one will be shot... and one may be killed...wonder if the police haters on here will post those stories

Yea... perspective

I'm a vegan...I won't be stuffing an animal in my mouth today..how many haters will...
Lots of folks will be injured, shot and killed today, cops are nothing special.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 AM

36,258 posts, read 15,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Well, it's possible that the little kitten was going to paw the officers gun and shoot him... entirely justified.

Six years ago, when Tom Newhart and his wife rescued a baby cat and named him Sugar, they never imagined that his life would end in a hail of gunfire. However, thanks to a North Catasauqua police officer, that’s exactly what happened.

Last Sunday, Sugar escaped from the Newhart’s home. Hours later, he’d be gunned down by police.

“It’s like one of your children, you raised them, bottle fed them,” said Newhart as he began tearing up.

Police officer shoots tiny pet cat at point blank… later claims his life was ‘threatened’
I NEVER trust mis-leading headlines.

" Six years ago, when Tom Newhart and his wife rescued a baby cat"

I don't think that after 6 years this cat would be classified as "tiny".

Old 06-06-2016, 06:48 AM

36,258 posts, read 15,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Yea... perspective

I've had cats attack me on the job and I WISH I HAD a gun, no matter what size they are.

If NOT de-clawed they CAB be VERY dangerous.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:00 AM

21,622 posts, read 21,548,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I doubt the shooting was justified but as a serial cat owner have never blubbered over the loss of a cat. Put it down, bury it, or toss in a dumpster, and move on. Neighbor wan't too bright to call a man with a gun for a suspected injured cat call.
No kidding. Why call the police for an injured animal. What did they think would happen. Whats the officer suppose to do catch the injured cat and take it to the vet? I dont think they are equipped for that. Isnt that a job for animal control?

Old 06-06-2016, 07:03 AM

65,948 posts, read 33,420,279 times
Revenge is bitter sweet.....

Old 06-06-2016, 07:55 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,768,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No kidding. Why call the police for an injured animal. What did they think would happen. Whats the officer suppose to do catch the injured cat and take it to the vet? I dont think they are equipped for that. Isnt that a job for animal control?
My police department picks up stray dogs. They then post an email to the residents in order to find the owner. (dogs that got out of an owner's yard).

They have not shot any dogs on these calls. The incident in the OP is just bad police work.

Advisory: Found dog - Elkins Court (Millbrook Estates) name is "Fudgie" Please call 799-1222 if you know owner/address

Advisory: Found dog - Small white dog w/ blue & white checkered sweater founds in the area of Leeds Ct. No collar, tags or chip

Advisory: Found Black Lab Retriever (female). Found in the area of #103 Washington Rd. No ID tag or microchip. Friendly. Contact WWPD at 799-1222

Advisory: Found dog - Lanwin/Concord (Princeton Oaks) - Call 799-1222 if you own or know the owner.

All of these advisories are accompanied by a photo of the dog, either taken in the patrol car or at police headquarters.

Guess my police officers aren't such 'scaredy-cats'. (not sure if pun is intended or not!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or