Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your prediction on the Trump University lawsuits:
Trump will settle the lawsuits, and not admit guilt 10 47.62%
Trump will go to trial - and win 3 14.29%
Trump will go to trial - and lose 7 33.33%
Other (explain) 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:01 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times

Advertisements

Prediction - unpredictable Trump will settle the Trump University lawsuits. He'd rather settle for money and avoid a possible (I believe likely) criminal RICO conviction. He won't admit guilt and will frame it as clearing a distraction from his Presidential campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 12:04 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
After reading more about these suits today, I think he will settle. They make him look like a snake oil salesman.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:22 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
After reading more about these suits today, I think he will settle. They make him look like a snake oil salesman.
He is a snake oil salesman! and not a very bright one.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:21 AM

25,938 posts, read 22,083,977 times
It is his decision and really has no impact on the elections or my vote for him. I trust he will make the best decision based on all factors, which I also think he will do as POTUS, thus my support.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Prediction - unpredictable Trump will settle the Trump University lawsuits. He'd rather settle for money and avoid a possible (I believe likely) criminal RICO conviction. He won't admit guilt and will frame it as clearing a distraction from his Presidential campaign.

He was given advice to settle the suits PRIOR to this - in order to avoid this very distraction. But, as usual, he did not listen to his advisors. Now damning information continues to trickle out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
He is a snake oil salesman! and not a very bright one.
Not when it comes to politics or common decency, that's for sure.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:44 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
I suspect that trump cannot possibly realize that he could lose this case, and is loving all the attention that his comments about it and the judge are garnering for him. He seems to be unable to realize that not all attention is good attention, so he will continue his ranting about the case as long as possible. At some point, maybe, someone may actually get through to him that settling is far better than losing, but I think it is a long shot. He'll go all the way with it.

Of course, it is possible that he loses both the election and the case, along with the New York version of the same case for good measure. If they are finished after he loses the election, nobody will care any more. Trump followers will be pretty quiet about it then.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:10 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,981,856 times
TRUMP only cares about meeting his self-defined status as a "winner." By making the comments he did about the judge, he's set up his personal safety net so that if he loses the case, his ego can tell itself that it's because the case was rigged by a biased judge and thus he was treated "unfairly", so even though he lost he case he's still a "winner" and a legend in his own mind. It's the same safety net he built for himself with the GOP in the primaries, but in that case he didn't need to use it. If he loses the general election, he'll blame the "corrupt" electoral college, Mexicans, Obama, "Crooked Hillary" or whatever other scapegoats he can dream up, anybody but TRUMP.

I don't think he'll settle, but if he does he'll say it was because he had no chance at a fair trial, and he'll see that as a win too.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:13 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,952,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
TRUMP only cares about meeting his self-defined status as a "winner." By making the comments he did about the judge, he's set up his personal safety net so that if he loses the case, his ego can tell itself that it's because the case was rigged by a biased judge and thus he was treated "unfairly", so even though he lost he case he's still a "winner" and a legend in his own mind. It's the same safety net he built for himself with the GOP in the primaries, but in that case he didn't need to use it. If he loses the general election, he'll blame the "corrupt" electoral college, Mexicans, Obama, "Crooked Hillary" or whatever other scapegoats he can dream up, anybody but TRUMP.

I don't think he'll settle, but if he does he'll say it was because he had no chance at a fair trial, and he'll see that as a win too.
He'll settle in order to get some Non Disclosures exchanged to make this go away. Unless he continues to ignore sound legal advice, like when he was told to settle this before he ran.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:18 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,585,753 times
No way will he settle, as he did nothing wrong.
Trump will either win the case, or accept the consequences of losing
then paint over the possible loss as politically motivated.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:23 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Trump does not have enough money to settle. He has very little cash it has been revealed. The plaintiffs can see his desperation and will demand even more to settle.

Anyway, at this point what difference does it make? The documents are out and you can't suppress them. The Clinton campaign will continue to release damning evidence over the next month regardless and Trump will continue to be reduced to hurling racial slurs to defend himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies