U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 11:52 AM

3,931 posts, read 3,455,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
What I find most bothersome is the absolute lack of empathy in this board. No she shouldn't have acted that way and should have consequences, but she is clearly not mentally well. Watching it, to me, was quite sad...heartbreaking. She must be in a lot of emotional pain.
I cannot speak for her emotional pain based on the video. Are you suggesting that play a part in her not being accountable for her actions? As if she may not know wrong from right because of emotional turmoil? I have a hard time finding empathy for someone who acts that way. No matter what anyone is going through what is right and wrong does not change. If she is mentally incompetent she should be provided help. Otherwise she should be held to the same standard the rest of us are, no matter our struggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 11:55 AM

12,627 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Default 400 lb "woman" goes on rampage after EBT card declined

VIDEO: Obese Woman Starts Trashing Store After EBT Card Gets Refused Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

What the he ll is wrong with society these days? Was this really neccessary?
Entitlement at its finest here

Old 06-06-2016, 12:11 PM

15,367 posts, read 5,681,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
VIDEO: Obese Woman Starts Trashing Store After EBT Card Gets Refused Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

The woman seems mentally unstable. But what does her weight have to do with anything? Fat shaming now?

Old 06-06-2016, 12:13 PM

6,056 posts, read 3,085,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

Send her to an island. She contributes nothing to society

Old 06-06-2016, 12:15 PM

16,990 posts, read 20,594,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
What I find most bothersome is the absolute lack of empathy in this board. No she shouldn't have acted that way and should have consequences, but she is clearly not mentally well. Watching it, to me, was quite sad...heartbreaking. She must be in a lot of emotional pain.
You don't know that. A couple of years ago in St. Louis there was a computer glitch and EBT cards were not working, several people acted up and got violent.

Were they all mentally ill or just entitled? I go with entitled.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:21 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,573,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The woman seems mentally unstable. But what does her weight have to do with anything? Fat shaming now?
The OP didn't mention her race which is pretty amazing on these boards.

So while the mentioning of weight is also irrelevant we should consider this a victory.

Baby steps folks. Baby steps.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:24 PM

759 posts, read 415,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Supporting the idea that EBT should only buy healthy food... not Doritos.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:25 PM

4,960 posts, read 3,170,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Is this a trend? While looking for the location where this happened, I found these plus quite a few others - unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

reminder to self: don't become a convenience store owner
Nah, just be careful WHERE you locate the store...

Old 06-06-2016, 12:25 PM

32,978 posts, read 19,952,237 times
Most of us don't know how it feels being poor. I can never imagine how it feels not being able to put food on the table.

Maybe when I was in high school, I felt everybody using EBT card must be lazy. But now that I am older, I think a lot of people who need the card really do need some kind of help (at least temporarily)

This said, this lady seems to be a little mentally disturbed. It is a very sad situation.

I know a guy who owns a restaurant, somehow he is eligible for government assistance. I can never understand how that works.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:28 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,573,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Supporting the idea that EBT should only buy healthy food... not Doritos.
Are you say "Doritos withdrawal" causes outbursts like this???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies