Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 10:20 AM

1,955 posts, read 1,757,887 times

Advertisements

Both the left and the right want to beat the other so bad and win. No one stops to think that in a civil war, everyone loses. Politics in this country is no longer about trying to figure out what's best for the country. It's become a football game - all anyone wants to do is win. It's a game. And both sides hate the other, and completely believe that the other side is evil incarnate.

It's embarrassing really.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 AM

243 posts, read 230,015 times
Okay, I'm a bigot. What do I win?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:30 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,148 times
ROTFLMAO. "De-Nile" ain't just a river in Egypt, Righties.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:34 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
ROTFLMAO. "De-Nile" ain't just a river in Egypt, Righties.
Nobodies denying anything. That's the point of this thread, we're admitting it up front. And you're proving my point, you have no other tactic than ridicule.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:17 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
The leftists are clinging to the very last glimmer of hope they have. When debating/discussing topics their only tool is to label you a bigot, racist, homophobe, etc. This tactic serves one and only one purpose; to shut down debate before you have a chance to expose them.

It's time we admit, up front, that we're all the things they are about to accuse us of being. Admit this up front, before the debate starts. Don't afford them the upper hand by calling you racist by being up front that you are one. Their only out at that point is to argue on the facts, nothing else.

This is how you beat liberals. DO NOT LET THEM DRAG YOU INTO THE WEEDS BY TRYING TO DEFEND NOT BEING RACIST. When you do that you give them the upper hand, you are fighting using their rules at this point. They cannot beat you with logic, reason, and most importantly facts. The whole reason they resort to labels is because they can't argue on facts alone.
What I've been saying lately? Of course I'm racist. Anyone with a brain would be. At least I admit it.

I treat everyone fairly and take people one at a time. But sorry, I do make judgements based on race at times. I just can't go any other way.

I personally think it's natural human behavior.

Anyone who denies they are partially racist is full of baloney.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:24 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
The leftists are clinging to the very last glimmer of hope they have. When debating/discussing topics their only tool is to label you a bigot, racist, homophobe, etc. This tactic serves one and only one purpose; to shut down debate before you have a chance to expose them.

It's time we admit, up front, that we're all the things they are about to accuse us of being. Admit this up front, before the debate starts. Don't afford them the upper hand by calling you racist by being up front that you are one. Their only out at that point is to argue on the facts, nothing else.

This is how you beat liberals. DO NOT LET THEM DRAG YOU INTO THE WEEDS BY TRYING TO DEFEND NOT BEING RACIST. When you do that you give them the upper hand, you are fighting using their rules at this point. They cannot beat you with logic, reason, and most importantly facts. The whole reason they resort to labels is because they can't argue on facts alone.
Ask them, "when they have convinced all non-white people that white people need to leave America, where are they going to go?" You will be surprised many think Europe and Canada want more Americans!

The STUPID things some white people think!

Old 06-07-2016, 01:12 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Both the left and the right want to beat the other so bad and win. No one stops to think that in a civil war, everyone loses. Politics in this country is no longer about trying to figure out what's best for the country. It's become a football game - all anyone wants to do is win. It's a game. And both sides hate the other, and completely believe that the other side is evil incarnate.

I agree with everything you just said. The question is, how do you come back from that and become one big happy family again?

Old 06-07-2016, 02:02 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,846,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post

This is so true. Politics in our country is a complete joke. Like you said, politics is a football game. Each side cheering for their star player (the candidate) and giving their preferred candidate a free pass no matter what. The candidates must laugh at how dumb and gullible the voters have become because the corporations place their puppet in the White House. They rule our world.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." -Mark Twain

Old 06-07-2016, 02:03 PM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Here is one thing to consider. If it were socially acceptable to be a bigot,then more people would come out and admit to being bigots. This is how being a racist works. Most people who are bigots will rarely admit that they are bigots, in public anyway. Oh, it will come out in comfortable company. This is why some politicians will point something out like that. Most politicians on either side of the political fence will use this tactic. A right winger pointing out something in a left wing politician that is deemed unacceptable to supporters of the right wing, and left wing politicians doing the same on their part.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:11 PM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is one thing to consider. If it were socially acceptable to be a bigot,then more people would come out and admit to being bigots. This is how being a racist works. Most people who are bigots will rarely admit that they are bigots, in public anyway. Oh, it will come out in comfortable company. This is why some politicians will point something out like that. Most politicians on either side of the political fence will use this tactic. A right winger pointing out something in a left wing politician that is deemed unacceptable to supporters of the right wing, and left wing politicians doing the same on their part.
You missed the part where several posters here actually bragged about being racist. Yeah that was really impressive, and they wonder why they are so easy to make fun of.

Hell we don't even need to point out that their show pony is a racist, the GOP leaders are doing it for us. Now they have a difficult decision to make regarding the backing of this clown show.

GOP leaders dump on Trump judge comments, reconsider endorsements
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.