Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 10:25 PM

3,529 posts, read 3,731,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why does Hillary need to help men??? There are far far far more male CEOs, CIOs, VPs, executives at every level in fact, more men in tech, 100% male presidents, men have run the world for centuries. Men are overrepresented at just about every level even though there are more women by population. Now you say the first female president needs to cater to...men???
You're trying to get my vote, no? Pander to me. That's how identity politics is supposed to work, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 10:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
You're trying to get my vote, no? Pander to me. That's how identity politics is supposed to work, right?
I don't know you but it is known that Trump supporters tend to be less educated whites. There is a group of his supporters that will follow him into a raging fire. It is what it is.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:32 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Awesome post, Seacove. I agree 100%! I'm very excited about Hillary's accomplishments.
For many 90% of life is showing up. For Hillary it's 100% of her qualifications.

Quote:
I don't know you but it is known that Trump supporters tend to be less educated whites. There is a group of his supporters that will follow him into a raging fire. It is what it is.
It's well know HRCs supporters tend to be middle aged minority women. What's your point?

Old 06-09-2016, 10:32 PM

3,529 posts, read 3,731,599 times
Quote:
There's nothing more simple-minded than voting for someone simply because of identity. And you didn't answer my question.

Top 5 things Hillary will do for men?

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Old 06-09-2016, 10:35 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Nonsense.

Don't men also attack men?

Aren't you aware that people are disgusted by Clinton not because of her gender?

So you mean each gender should all unite against the opposite gender? in order to?
Common tactic when one can't defend/rationalize the actions of another. Make it all about race and/or sexist instead. Duck/dodge/hide!

Old 06-09-2016, 10:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,198,297 times
The last time I checked the USCON, presidents were empowered the duty to enforce the laws enacted by Congress. They were the highest ranking public SERVANT, one step DOWN from the lowest civilian.
The president was not the LEADER, but SERVANT.
Furthermore, as commander in chief, was authorized to direct the militia and active military to defend against enemies, foreign or domestic.

Correct me if I err, but does that sound like a position that a woman would excel at?
Can we find countless instances throughout history were women showed themselves to be dedicated military commanders and humble servants of the people?

I cannot. My conclusion, gender based as it is, is that few if any women are qualified to be president.
Empress ? Certainly !
Queen ? Yes.
A "Leader" served by the masses? Indeed!

Old 06-09-2016, 10:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The last time I checked the USCON, presidents were empowered the duty to enforce the laws enacted by Congress. They were the highest ranking public SERVANT, one step DOWN from the lowest civilian.
Furthermore, as commander in chief, was authorized to direct the militia and active military to defend against enemies, foreign or domestic.

Correct me if I err, but does that sound like a position that a woman would excel at?
Can we find countless instances throughout history were women showed themselves to be dedicated military commanders and humble servants of the people?

I cannot. My conclusion, gender based as it is, is that few if any women are qualified to be president.
Empress ? Certainly !
Queen ? Yes.
Please. American presidents are regarded as leaders of the free world. And there have been plenty of women leaders of other countries including Angela Merkel and Margaret Thatcher.

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...angela-merkel/

Old 06-09-2016, 10:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post

Empress ? Certainly !
Queen ? Yes.
Congress passes bills. The President signs them into law.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:43 PM

7,635 posts, read 8,705,627 times
Quote:
A Woman President
A Crook Presidential Wannabe.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:52 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
It's not the issue with women it's the one running for President. Hillary is probably a great person, but I personally would not want her as the next POTUS.

I am hoping the 2020 Election will look like this: Tulsi Gabbard/Kamala Harris vs Kelly Ayotte/Shelly Moore Capito vs Margaret Flowers/Vanessa Tijerina

Last edited by RunD1987; 06-09-2016 at 11:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies