Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 02:02 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. "

So basically, he is saying you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. Pathetic.

And people wonder why there is such a strained relationship between innocent people and LE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 02:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Wouldn't the officer need a warrant to search your wallet in order to get the bank cards? As far as I know all you have to produce during a traffic stop is license, registration and proof of insurance.
No. He has a gun and a badge. You WILL do what he says.

Actually, all he has to do is say he suspects that you have drugs. Then the coast is clear.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:03 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I tend to avoid red states like Oklahoma, typically I try just to fly over them, makes it much easier.
Iowa is the heavyweight champion of highway search/seizure states and it's Blue and well above the Mason/Dixon line.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You'll end up tazed, broken and battered, or dead. See you tube for evidence.
As a warning, Oklahoma leads the nation in rate of fatal police shootings. Perhaps related, Oklahoma also has an usual high rate of mental illness. So if you're insane, try to make sure you don't act that way when around Oklahoma cops.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yikes. I'll let my sister in law know. She was considering moving there.
Yeah, I'd advise people not to move to Oklahoma. There has got to be a better state. Oklahoma is a corruptly run state, ruled by the far Christian Right, the Chamber of Commerce, and the oil companies, along with very wealthy people.

Oklahoma has done little about oil companies causing earthquakes. Low oil prices caused the earthquakes to subside some. But if the price of oil can stay above $50, drilling will resume at a bigger rate and with it the earthquakes.

Because Oklahoma Legislature refuses to adequately refund education, citizens, like OU's president, are trying to get around that by getting people in Nov. to vote in favor of a 1 cent raise to the state sales tax from 4.5% to 5.5%. Combined with the local sales taxes, Oklahoma will have the highest sales taxes in the country.

With borrowed money, Oklahoma is currently spending around $250,000,000 to remodel its deteriorating state capitol building. Some people believe the main contractors for it were chosen in a corrupt way. If enough private money is raised, there will be an arch with a reflecting pool made on capitol grounds. If built they will stand as grand monuments to show how Oklahoma prioritizes its spending.

People who are moving to Oklahoma, anyway, might as well get some popcorn and a good seat to watch the show how crazy Oklahoma state government operates. A good part of the show is how the Chamber of Commerce has denied the Christian Right from getting any of their anti-LGBT bills passed. There were like 27 of them.

Some people may think their state is bad, too, but I bet Oklahoma has it beat.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:18 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's close enough to Texas to be considered the deep south to me.
You never hesitate to proverbially beat conservatives over the head with what you consider to be facts/the truth no matter what the topic, yet when someone points out that a comment of yours is factually wrong....suddenly how you FEEL about that subject, rather than objective fact, is what is important.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Lightbulb Consider this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's close enough to Texas to be considered the deep south to me. I don't like rightwing, overtly religious, Republican led states. These are the places that come closest to fascism in America, and I'd say Oklahoma is at, or near, the top of the list.
The prime reason that Texas doesn't just slide off into the Gulf of Mexico is because Oklahoma sucks.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. "

So basically, he is saying you are guilty until you can prove your innocence. Pathetic.

And people wonder why there is such a strained relationship between innocent people and LE.
no, what they are saying is the MONEY is guilty, not you. remember this is civil forfeiture, and thus the standard is rather different.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:19 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Of course they are. Why are you okay with bandits?
Only YOU think of them as bandits.

The rest of us are intelligent.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:16 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Oklahoma is also home to Desert Snow, an outfit that trains LEO's nationwide on how to rob motorists. Desert Snow even grants awards to its top earners or more to the point, cops who have stolen the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies