Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:46 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bing and yahoo tend to favor Republican voters more. Especially those who are older. Again, its a artificial controversy. Its nonsense. And while google may have a vested interest in H1B's, I am pretty sure they have ZERO worries about it no matter who the president becomes. I wish it wasn't that way, but there ya go-presidents are not dictators.
...only to someone who approves of partisan manipulation of search engines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 08:52 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
I used Google for the test, as the OP suggested.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:06 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...only to someone who approves of partisan manipulation of search engines.

Please. You're like the Christians screaming about how oppressed they are.

I do not see any reasonable evidence here that would convince me that Google would think it even remotely rational to get involved.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:11 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:

I do not see any reasonable evidence here that would convince me that Google would think it even remotely rational to get involved.
The search results have obviously been manipulated. Start with that fact when working your way through the evidence and logic.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:

You may have missed the first thread on this that linked to a youtube video where they explored the google analytics that supported all of this. No searches done for Hillary Clinton Indiana, a high number of searches done for Hillary Clinton indictment, yet the former popped up as a popular search, and the latter didn't.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You may have missed the first thread on this that linked to a youtube video where they explored the google analytics that supported all of this. No searches done for Hillary Clinton Indiana, a high number of searches done for Hillary Clinton indictment, yet the former popped up as a popular search, and the latter didn't.
OK quick analytics search engine information for you and others. Google has a policy that filters out the word "criminal as a autocomplete". And has since BEFORE the primaries!

BTW-there is debate about why. They do it for a few other terms as well, but the suspicion is that this one came out of the overseas privacy lawsuits.

Try it. "Charles Manson crim" You dont even get CRIME!

You folks have no idea how search engines work, but the person who put up the video appears to, and I am sure this was not by accident-they knew. Its a manufactured bit of nonsense. You've been fooled.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:40 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
OK quick analytics search engine information for you and others. Google has a policy that filters out the word "criminal as a autocomplete". And has since BEFORE the primaries!

BTW-there is debate about why. They do it for a few other terms as well, but the suspicion is that this one came out of the overseas privacy lawsuits.

You folks have no idea how search engines work, but the person who put up the video appears to, and I am sure this was not by accident-they knew. Its a manufactured bit of nonsense. You've been fooled.
That's not true. I just went to Google and typed in "crim". I got "criminal minds", "crimson peak", "criminal", and "criminal minds cast". So much for that theory.

As for Crooked Hillary, on Google I got:

"Crooked Hillary bernie" but ONLY after I completely typed out "crooked hillary". Before that I got "crooked hill town homes" and "crooked hill road".

On Bing, typing in "Crooked Hillary", I got:

Got only to "crook" and got "crooked hillary", "crooked", "crooked hillary clinton", "crooked clinton foundation", "crooks and liars" and then some stuff about wine and and castles.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:41 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:

Image View - TIS

Old 06-10-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Try it with google.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Try it with google.
That is Google.

(I have a blue light filter on my phone at nights, which is why it looks orangey...it's not because it's a Donald Trump-themed search engine. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies