Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 12:41 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
ISIS has officially claimed responsibility for the Muslim terrorist attack on Orlando club via their News Group outlet.

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: Islamic State claims responsibility for #Orlando nightclub shooting: news agency tied to group

That is not surprising. The bombers should be in the air by now, as should troops be being mobilized. Is it not time to wipe this scourge from the face of the earth?? This terrorist act is not only meant to put us into a state of fear, but also to divide us. This was a sickeningly cleaver attack, it will likely pit the two adversarial camps in the US against each other. Those who are secular liberals vs conservative traditionalists, they will likely bicker about this being a "hate crime" and other issues pertaining to the gay activists movement. We should put all that on hold as this attack is not about that. In fact it has nothing to do with our internal divisions at all. This is an attack on our nation by a foreign terrorists state, 50 Americans died with their blood soaking into American soil and this was done at the hands of a foreign terrorists. (does not matter if he was born here, he was the son of Afghani immigrants and he was still aligned with his home culture) I am tired of us tolerating this, I also bet our European friends are tired of it too. Time to build a coalition of Western powers and go into Syria and deal with them. They have turned that poor nation into their personal base to spread death and war around the Western world, all while they torture and kill the citizens of that land as well. They must be destroyed, there is no possible peace process with them, no easy pretty way to deal with it. Bombers in the air, boots on the ground........It is time

3,515 posts, read 3,684,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
To be honest now that I sit and think about it Speaking on America.

A Muslim shooter may have pulled the trigger, but America loaded the gun.

The church (and its theology of hate) has been killing the spirits of white black and latino LGBT people for ages.

Orlando's shooting is not the product of Islamic extremism, it is the product of good old fashioned American heterosexism.

It actually makes perfect sense that the "worst mass shooting in US history" would be targeted at black and latino LGBT people.

Black and Latino LGBT people have been living in a state of emergency every day of their lives.

And then there is the particularity of Florida. What a legacy: the Republican state that produced George Zimmerman, the stolen election of 2000, and now the deadliest shooting in the history of America.

Not sure if satire or insanity.

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Even with 50 gay people slaughtered, they can't help themselves from trying to excuse Islam.
We blew up a hospital in Afghanistan killing 42 innocent people. How many here made excuses for that?

If one of these people were your friend or relative are you going to want to retaliate?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Can people please cite some examples of the trope I see keep popping up that the Left, apparently a monolithic block, love Muslims and Islam. I see that all the time but no one offers proof.

I'm left-leaning, transgender, and I'm no lover of Islam. I'm disgusted by how the ME treats LGBT people and do not think that Islamic values are compatible with Western values. I oppose any plan to bring Syrian "refugees" into this country and think that Islam is enough of a threat to warrant very heavy monitoring of mosques, Islamic schools, and Muslims in general.

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Not in this situation, neighbors who were interviewed came right out and said they didn't report it because they didn't want to get labeled being racists.

I wouldn't to be them, talk about "what if".
It's not racist to "see something, say something" unless it was directly based on race.

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
On top of everything else, I find it infuriating he was trying to run for an Afghan office & lives in this country.

What the F is going on in this country?
Exactly that means he has NO allegiance to this country.

The lunatics are officially running the asylum.

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:

The church (and its theology of hate) has been killing the spirits of white black and latino LGBT people for ages.

Orlando's shooting is not the product of Islamic extremism, it is the product of good old fashioned American heterosexism.

It actually makes perfect sense that the "worst mass shooting in US history" would be targeted at black and latino LGBT people.

Black and Latino LGBT people have been living in a state of emergency every day of their lives.

And then there is the particularity of Florida. What a legacy: the Republican state that produced George Zimmerman, the stolen election of 2000, and now the deadliest shooting in the history of America.
And now this shooting, by an Islamist-still defended by left wing nut jobs, and a registered Democrat-is the legacy of the Democrat's policy of appeasement, multiculturalism and hate mongering.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,095 times
Quote:

You have a problem.

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
And the Left is already calling for more gun control. Stupid is a stupid does...
When will they get it, gun control is two hands, finger off trigger till ready to shoot.
LAWS DONT STOP CRIMINALS.......

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the shooter was an american
All this does is prove Trump right. Our leaders are stupid. We are, what....30 years behind? We've had these people coming here, setting up shop, and sprouting kids, in addition to those who bring people here, or who immigrate here...but you know, it was "so long ago, it's not a big deal".

In December, we had the San Bernardino shooter. We have had a shooting at a military installation - that the JV Team leader Obama called "workplace violence". We have had today. We have had the Boston Bombing. These are all "peaceful Muslims".

Ever notice how most of them have been on a watch list at some point, yet they still manage to injure and kill people?

Our leaders are idiots.

The fact that they are "Americans" should cause you more concern - you use it as if it means something of importance - like it's a legit counter to "they weren't refugees", but it doesn't work. It simply shows that these people have been doing this for far longer than this country has been aware. Only now do we seem to be starting to get a clue. I guarantee there's a ton more that we don't know about. I'm sure we will though - we'll get to learn it the hard way because we have a portion of this population who wants to keep making excuses for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies