Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 12:52 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm curious who you think you're talking to. I don't see people on this forum calling Islam a religion of peace much.
Give them time. They are frequently here spewing their nonsense.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:52 PM

50,757 posts, read 24,253,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So you're going to take some comments off social media and condemn us all? Those were Christian officers who rushed in there to save as many lives as they could. The guy could have had the place wired to kill cops too for all they knew.

Seriously you Christian haters are something else.
Even though I consider myself a Christian/Buddhist, I do feel that religion -- in general...all religions -- create more division than love. Their love is usually within their own religion, not a general principle that is actually followed (though often spoken).

Old 06-12-2016, 12:53 PM

39,194 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is true. I don't understand why people think that is insanity. LGBT have been perscuted by just about EVERY religion, especially by hardliners. I think that this is both an attack on gays and also an attack by a Muslim. I am not saying it is ISIS or another group (I honestly think it is a lone wolf with little if any ties to ISIS) but a Muslim, not all of them or even some, a single Muslim.
This is true. But one single Radical Muslim = 50 people were killed.

There is a problem, until we can address the issue, we will never solve the problem.

I am not against Islam as a religion in any way, shape, or form. But it looks like Radical muslim terrorism has very little to do with foreign policy in this case. It has a lot to do with how they interpret their holy book.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:53 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
To be honest now that I sit and think about it Speaking on America.

A Muslim shooter may have pulled the trigger, but America loaded the gun.

The church (and its theology of hate) has been killing the spirits of white black and latino LGBT people for ages.

Orlando's shooting is not the product of Islamic extremism, it is the product of good old fashioned American heterosexism.

It actually makes perfect sense that the "worst mass shooting in US history" would be targeted at black and latino LGBT people.

Black and Latino LGBT people have been living in a state of emergency every day of their lives.

And then there is the particularity of Florida. What a legacy: the Republican state that produced George Zimmerman, the stolen election of 2000, and now the deadliest shooting in the history of America.
What you just did with logic:

Old 06-12-2016, 12:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp
I didn't see you stepping up and condemning the guy that killed Christina Grimmey. Where were you?

She was killed by a white male.....is that not you? Shouldn't you have started a thread condemning that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Accord to the OP's logic, all white males are responsible until everyone of them condemns this murder.

Really? Was there some cause behind the murder of Grimmey that you're aware of and the rest of us don't know about? Some group being represented by the shooter?

When there was a shooting at a Planned Parenthood Clinic or an abortion clinic is bombed, Christians condemn the actions in those threads.

Compare apples with apples and not oranges.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:56 PM

590 posts, read 554,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
This guy, just like the Boston bombers, was known as a possible threat by the FBI. Why is Obama's FBI ignoring these threats?? They had no problem spying on Fox News reporters like James Rosen, but refuse to "violate the privacy' of known radical Islamic threats. They bugged James Rosen's parents' house for goodness sakes. This idiot administration is tougher on conservative new reporters than they are on terrorists who end up killing dozens of people.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. What a terrible tragedy.
I agree with you on this, the Obama administration has spent more time in the last few years on watching conservatives than addressing the real issue. I also suspect that the administration will focus on more gun control and blame guns rather than the real problem we face, radical muslims that are living in this country.

4,798 posts, read 3,505,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
What would you suggest though..
Stop all immigration until we can figure out how to properly screen them. As far as him being a US citizen, cant do much about that. He was indoctrinated and asked to execute a mission..
It really saddens me people dont want the POTUS to do his frickin job. If you cant see what he has done in 7 years, then you are drinking the koolaid.

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Followers of other religions don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings and pray for them.

Islamists shoots them dead, behead them or throws gays off the tops of buildings.

See the difference?
Don't act like Christians haven't killed gays for being gay or wanted all gays to die for being gay stating religious beliefs. Lawyer In California Proposes Killing Gays With 'Sodomite Suppression Act' http://instinctmagazine.com/post/chr...sgender-people The Christian Terrorist Movement No One Wants To Talk About | ThinkProgress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83kIAfuKoE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post

Sounds about right. The media knows they have a way with things
Yep especially those on the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
ISIS just took credit publicly.
So that means they actually told him to do it right? A Muslim they never talked to, punts a baby and they would take credit for that. That is a tool to make them seem more relevant than they really are.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:57 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Really? Was there some cause behind the murder of Grimmey that you're aware of and the rest of us don't know about? Some group being represented by the shooter?

When there was a shooting at a Planned Parenthood Clinic or an abortion clinic is bombed, Christians condemn the actions in those threads.

Compare apples with apples and not oranges.
Every single Christian does not come out and condemn those actions. They have no requirement to as they had nothing to do with it.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Even though I consider myself a Christian/Buddhist, I do feel that religion -- in general...all religions -- create more division than love. Their love is usually within their own religion, not a general principle that is actually followed (though often spoken).
As a fallen away Catholic, I can tell you that the love doesn't even exist within one's own religion. The Catholic school and church parking lots are a beehive of mean spirited gossip, and I doubt they're unique in that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.