Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 03:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So are many conservatives and so are many Christians.
You forgot blacks, why didn't you mention their hostilities towards gays?

When gay marriage laws were being voted on, a very large percentage of black voters cast ballots against gay marriage.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
This happens all the time with Democrats since their base consists of voting blocs. Not surprisingly, the blocs stay loyal to the Democrats every single time. With things like Keystone XL pipeline, it's environmentalists vs. unions (a common one), while it's corporatists vs. unions with things like TPP. In gays vs. Muslims, Democrats will defend Muslims and ignore the fact that Islam is hostile to gays. Of course, both blocs will overwhelmingly vote (D) in November.
Funny you should mention that. The Lieutenant Governor of Texas tweeted in response to this tragedy that gays mocked God and so they are reaping what they sow. And he tweeted that before the bodies were even cold. That is today's GOP. Aren't you proud?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:20 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So are many conservatives and so are many Christians.

Islam is also hostile to women. And so are many Americans males, which is becoming very evident now that we have a woman nominee.

I try to judge people as individuals as much as I possibly can. You obviously don't. They are all 'blocs' whom you appear to hugely disrespect, so I don't quite understand why you think you have some kind of moral high ground.
Oh come on..that is a Reductio ad absurdum argument. How many gays have been murdered in the name of "Conservatism" or in the Name of Jesus?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:21 PM

991 posts, read 628,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Funny you should mention that. The Lieutenant Governor of Texas tweeted in response to this tragedy that gays mocked God and so they are reaping what they sow. And he tweeted that before the bodies were even cold. That is today's GOP. Aren't you proud?

Sounds like the perpetually offended just swerved into something to be offended about. Evidently he posts a bible verse every day.

Allen Blakemore with Patrick's office told the Dallas Morning News that the tweet was prescheduled and not a reaction to the shooting, noting, "This was certainly not done with any fore knowledge of the events of the day."

Old 06-12-2016, 03:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Gays may not, as I doubt Orlando is heir last tragedy (but hope to be wrong). Even just say a 10% shift in votes would be a game-changer. Politically, banning ME immigration would be a wise move for Democrats.
Democrats would never propose banning immigration from ME, just as they would never propose pro-growth economic policy.

Are you really expecting this event to help Trump that much? A 10% swing is huge or yyyyuuuuuggggeee as he would say!

Old 06-12-2016, 03:59 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
I am pretty pro-2nd Amendment and don't think most gun laws do any good to stop criminals that often purchase guns illegally anyway, but why does a person need to purchase so many high powered rifles in a matter of days? That should have raised some red flags, especially since the FBI interviewed him in 2012/2013.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I am pretty pro-2nd Amendment and don't think most gun laws do any good to stop criminals that often purchase guns illegally anyway, but why does a person need to purchase so many high powered rifles in a matter of days? That should have raised some red flags, especially since the FBI interviewed him in 2012/2013.
I'm guessing large purchases happen more than you think. Guns aren't really that expensive, so when a gun "enthusiast" gets a big work bonus, an inheritance or a new credit card, he very well may by 4,5,6,7 or 8 guns in a short span of time or even on one day.

I worked with a guy who probably had 40 guns and would frequently complain about being broke. He'd be the type to inherit some money and blow it on another dozen guns.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:09 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm guessing large purchases happen more than you think. Guns aren't really that expensive, so when a gun "enthusiast" gets a big work bonus, an inheritance or a new credit card, he very well may by 4,5,6,7 or 8 guns in a short span of time or even on one day.

I worked with a guy who probably had 40 guns and would frequently complain about being broke. He'd be the type to inherit some money and blow it on another dozen guns.
Yeah, especially in this country with such a gun/hunting culture. There's no easy answer.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:22 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Ah look, the new buzzword for city-data, "mooslims". Bet you thought hard to whip up that gem huh?

Old 06-12-2016, 04:27 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
The current admin. is very pro muslim. Obama tells us that it is the religion of peace yet all we hear about are horrible things done to people in the name of that religion.
The other day the Taliban dragged a guy out of his house because he was accused of helping to kill one of their leaders. They gouged out his eyes and tore the flesh off his chest until they could see his heart then threw him off a cliff.
Nice people.

They kill gay people and treat women like dogs yet Hillary accepts donations from them while accusing Trump of hating women.
If Queen Hillary gets in she will shred the second amendment. She has already stated that she would like to see common sense gun laws and Australia is a model. Australia turned its law abiding gun owning citizens into criminals over night. The people had so long to turn their guns in or face fines and prison.

What the Dems don't want to do is go after the illegal guns and imprison the criminals that use them. It is far easier to go after the law abiding.

If the Dems hop on the "lets ban the guns campaign trail" they are going to divide this country even further and send more votes to Trump.

We are told to celebrate diversity and this acceptance is killing us. Do we want to see more shootings like this? Vote for anyone but Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies