Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:28 AM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Perhaps I am foolish. A while back, I realized I couldn't be part of a religious community whose deity killed everyone on earth except for one family, or wiped out two cities because of homosexual residents. I read all kinds of back-and-forth about this translation and that interpretation, but the majority of that community believes that the cause was homosexuality. My own mother believes this. My mother also does a lot of charitable works that genuinely help people. So I know a book can say some bat**** things and people can believe bat**** things, but I'm not ready to write all of them off.

Yet, anyway.
That would be Judaism by and large, and to some extent Pauline Christianity. However secular society, if Hollywood is any guide, always conveniently lets the bad guy die of his own actions. Karma is just divine retribution in the world of glamor.

The difference is when one is god's instrument. Islam is of course the most comfortable in this role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 10:50 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Pastors Bailey tenn and pastor Swanson Arizona just two - promote death. Who is radical in their congrats on? Some one is hurting the gay community n killing them long before Isis.
So it's part of the churches teachings that homosexuals must be killed, and the members of these churches are carrying these acts out? Is that what you're telling me?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:52 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Christians and others are just as anti gay-- nothing to do with Obama-- find something else

Nonsense. My church said a prayer for the victims yesterday. Most Christians are NOT "anti-gay".

Old 06-13-2016, 11:01 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
I went, too many people. As I live 4 mi from the area.. . Now have to make appt. want to see my little tag on my key chain??? I give blood when I can. Not afraid of the needle. Are you going?

Since I live in CA that would be quite a drive.

I find that odd, because you post non stop. I think you're telling a tale.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:04 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
An equivocation deficiency problem here apparently.

Not being ambiguous -or deceitful. Long before Muslims had larger numbers in the US- the Gay were being killed tortured and beat up. We are a predominantly Christian based society - so who was doing all those beatings?
- be honest-

In 2014, the FBI reported that 20.8% of hate crimes reported to police in 2013 were founded on perceived sexual orientation. 61% of those attacks were against gay men- besides the well known Westboro Baptist crazies, there are more:

Religiously motivated hatred against gays and lesbians

Some individuals and groups have taken hatred of homosexuality one step further and advocate genocide against gays and lesbians. They do not want to even permit homosexuals to live.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Since I live in CA that would be quite a drive.

I find that odd, because you post non stop. I think you're telling a tale.

Actually, I am 1/2 mi from the Red Bus from work and 2.3 mil form a local donation place which had long lines on Sunday.
And if they have blood drives -- in Texas I am sure CA does too-

https://www.oneblood.org/donate-now/...es=on&noMobile=

why lie? I have nothing to prove to an unknown poster

Old 06-14-2016, 12:39 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Funny, I don't see Christians throwing gays off of high buildings as a means of executing gays. I don't see christians torturing and murdering people for being gay. I also don't see things like this: https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...igated-by-fbi/
He hates Christians, so nothing you say- especially the truth will make sense to him.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I guess you're unaware that it has come out that Matthew Shepard was a drug dealer and his death was related to that, and he had been sexually involved with one of the men who killed him.

Yes, it was horrific, but now more has come out about what really happened.

Why can't you admit radical Islam is a problem?
He drinks Obamas kool aid.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What do you mean, deflecting? I responded to comments that Christians would never do such a thing. I disagree. Some could, and some have. I do agree that this could be an act of zealotry, and zealots of any stripe are scary. I find Muslims in general no scarier or more threatening than any other religion, because violent zealots are few and far between. My boss lives outside Phoenix, where there have been a rash of random freeway shootings. There have been some near me too. Very few of the mass shootings and random violence that has been happening has anything to do with religion. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, sorry.
Are you Obama posting as JustJulia?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Nonsense. My church said a prayer for the victims yesterday. Most Christians are NOT "anti-gay".

real Christians love all- that is not the majority, and you know that to be true- and I am a 63 yr. old woman - who thinks bigotry and hatred are from hell - I do not condone all life styles or do I understand all things regarding the human body or mind- let God judge the hearts -and let him decide their final outcome. I was commanded to love forgive and help whom I can -
I have travelled to many places, as well as visited churches- there is no way you can tell me all are so loving- and forgiving -- that is not truth. My point being is- that all of us, are just as bad as the next guy- if you don't agree, time to hit the scriptures again.

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-14-2016 at 12:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies