Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:12 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We are not talking about gun powder are we?
Who cares, you are talking about "assault rifles". That aren't. If talking about weapons history is important. The original use of gun powder was fireworks.

What else shall we talk about, that isn't. Bargain houses at the beach? Honest politicians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 10:14 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who cares, you are talking about "assault rifles". That aren't.

What else shall we talk about, that isn't. Bargain houses at the beach? Honest politicians?
I said nothing about assault rifles

Old 06-13-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I said nothing about assault rifles
I do owe you an apology for that. You didn't. Sorry.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:28 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I do owe you an apology for that. You didn't.
Thank you.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Thank you.
I think we all want the same thing, a safer Country. I'm not sure where we go from here. Anyway, I'm out, take care until next time.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:35 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So I would think stopping the person from getting the inanimate object would be a useful move to prevent a tragedy like Orlando, no?

A car is just an inanimate object, yet we stop drunk people from getting in them all the time to prevent tragedies.
So, by your logic, we should make ALL cars ALOT harder to buy for EVERYONE just because a few drunks killed someone with them?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:40 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So, by your logic, we should make ALL cars ALOT harder to buy for EVERYONE just because a few drunks killed someone with them?
No. By my logic, we would make cars harder to buy for people who have had their license suspended for drunk driving.

How would stopping someone who's on a terrorist watchlist from buying a gun make it harder for everyone to buy a gun? Wouldn't it just make it harder for the people on the watchlist?

Old 06-13-2016, 11:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Do you think the Obama admin should be held accountable for this?
Not at this time. If it turns out pressure was put on the FBI or DOJ to keep the number of investigations of Muslims down to not appear to profile, that would be another story. At this time, there is no proof of it, but it would not shock me if it turned out to be the case.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:30 PM

1,268 posts, read 797,980 times
I blame the NRA. I blame the gun nuts.I also blame the countless politicians that have a moment of silence or lead a prayer when these very frequent gun violence situations arise, yet they never take a stand to ban assault rifles or strengthen gun regulations. I also blame the hate culture in America. The fact that so many want to vilify those who are different, marganilize them, take away equality, and in general treat them as second class. This creates the culture that it is okay to mistreat these people. Somehow, they are less than you. That is also absolute bull****. I blame Isis and other groups that support and encourage acts of violence. Finally, I blame Omar Mateen. He made this choice, and he pulled the trigger this time. Make no mistake the next Omar Mateen, Eric Haress, or Adam Lanza is out there holding his gun and waiting for his/her opportunity.

It is a much more complex answer than the simpleton ten second sound bite of feel good anger release. The answer isn't one person, one group, one thing. This is an epidemic of gun violence. More to the point, what are we going to do? Make the answer comply with our personal political bent and the will of the gun lobby, or get honest and make real change that may prevent a future Pulse incident. It is entirely up to us: lives or rhetoric.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:10 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,965 times
Quote:
In light of the recent horrific shootings in Orlando, We can add it to Obama's list of accomplishments. Some legacy huh?

Do you think the Obama admin should be held accountable for this?
No I dont see how he or his administration is responsible. This is just one of those tragedies that happens and no one to blame but the shooter.... he caused it not anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies