Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 09:58 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,691 times

Advertisements

My heart really breaks for all the victims of this mass shooting.
I just don't understand why anyone would just go and kill a bunch of people. What is the point? Do they think they can kill all people they don't like? Not going to happen! Do they think others will be afraid of them? Another Hell No! Some people are so damn strange...........
I have a concealed carry and if I ever find myself in the middle of something like that I sure will try to take the shooter out even if it means my own life. I have had a full and blessed life but I will never go down without a fight. My oldest daughter is in Kuwait right now fighting for our freedom --- so very proud of her. This is the "Land of the free and Home of the Brave" and we need to find a solution to all of this nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 10:09 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
My heart really breaks for all the victims of this mass shooting.
I just don't understand why anyone would just go and kill a bunch of people. What is the point? Do they think they can kill all people they don't like? Not going to happen! Do they think others will be afraid of them? Another Hell No! Some people are so damn strange...........
I have a concealed carry and if I ever find myself in the middle of something like that I sure will try to take the shooter out even if it means my own life. I have had a full and blessed life but I will never go down without a fight. My oldest daughter is in Kuwait right now fighting for our freedom --- so very proud of her. This is the "Land of the free and Home of the Brave" and we need to find a solution to all of this nonsense.

You don't understand? Don't you pay attenition to the news?

You have a President who wants to let everyone and anyone into this country, adding to the problem. Who can't seem to utter the words "radical Islam", instead makes it about gun control.

Yes, it's tragic, but not unexpected.

After the Paris attacks I (and many others on here) said it's just a matter a time before we see it here.

And it doesn't matter that he was Amerian born, some of the terrorists in Paris were born in France.

Wake up.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

You have a President who wants to let everyone and anyone into this country, adding to the problem. Who can't seem to utter the words "radical Islam", instead makes it about gun control.

After the Paris attacks I (and many others on here) said it's just a matter a time before we see it here.

And it doesn't matter that he was Amerian born, some of the terrorists in Paris were born in France.

Wake up.
Oh, I'm sorry that you think I'm an idiot but I am not.

For your information, I do "pay attention" to the news but the news stories don't really tell you the whole truth. My post was simply to say that I feel very upset that our world has gotten to this point and that I myself will try to take out a shooter if I am in that position. Period.
No need to attack my personality.
And I never said it was "unexpected". I am also well aware that he was born here. Why does that matter? And why should we close our boarders? We have been letting billions of people come to this country since the dawn of time. We just need to have stricter rules about coming into this country, about living here and working here.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Oh, I'm sorry that you think I'm an idiot but I am not.

For your information, I do "pay attention" to the news but the news stories don't really tell you the whole truth. My post was simply to say that I feel very upset that our world has gotten to this point and that I myself will try to take out a shooter if I am in that position. Period.
No need to attack my personality.
And I never said it was "unexpected". I am also well aware that he was born here. Why does that matter? And why should we close our boarders? We have been letting billions of people come to this country since the dawn of time. We just need to have stricter rules about coming into this country, about living here and working here.

I didn't call you any names, you're too thin skinned. I am pointing out that while this is horrific it shouldn't be so shocking if you're paying attention.

Kind of like being shocked that if you keep spending money you don't have you end up broke. This was going to visit our shores because of how this country has been run.

My point(which went over your head) is that we already have a problem with American born(mostly Muslims) who want to join ISIS, we don't need to be bringing more in as "refugees".

I didn't say we should close our borders. I said we can't continue to just let anyone in.

You think you're the only one who feels bad about this? There is already a thread on this on the Orlando boards.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:28 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Quote:

Wake up.
When you develop the method to identify Muslim people from Radical Muslim people, let us know.

You cant condemn all the people of a huge world wide religion for the acts of a few

We saw it here way before the Paris attacks or have you forgotten the February 26, 1993 bombing of WTC, the April 15, 2013 Boston attack, April 18, 1983 attack on our Embassy in Lebanon, as well as several other attacks that targeted the U.S.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:35 AM

You start by not letting "refugees" into your country from the Middle East. Pay attention to Europe, Germany for example.

Hungary was smart. You don't see Saudi Arabia taking any in do you?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:10 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,448,766 times
Moved to Politics and Other Controversies Forum.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:13 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,902,482 times
Quote:

My point(which went over your head) is that we already have a problem with American born(mostly Muslims) who want to join ISIS, we don't need to be bringing more in as "refugees".

I didn't say we should close our borders. I said we can't continue to just let anyone in.
And in the hypothetical situation that he is an immigrant from a Muslim dominated country, he still would've made it into the U.S. after being vetted. The FBI wasn't to concerned with him so why would the INS be?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Please close this thread since I started it and someone had to ruin it. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies