Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 08:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

If two armed thugs break into my house I have the right barrel and the left barrel. That should take care of the problem. If there are more I have 8 rounds in my 1911 pistol. If there are more than that I am in a WAR and probably dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 08:27 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"But I think it's time to reconsider the availability of semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15."

We ALWAYS come back to this, The EVIL AR-15.

As has been said, probably thousands of time mow, why the AR-15?, when it is NO DIFFERENT THEN ANY OTHER SEMIAUTOMATIC WEAPON.
Then how about a requirement to have a class III license to acquire high capacity magazines? I'm not in favor of banning anything. Just wondering if it's possible to make it more difficult for nut jobs like the Orlando shooter to kill so many people at a time.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:28 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...this-year.html

6,037 so far this year and it's not even the end of June yet. Herd thinning working as usual.
You should review your OWN sources BEFORE making a fool of your self.

Note the very FIRST "mass shooting" in their list shows "killed - 1"

So now, 1 person killed is a "mass shooting"

Some of the incidents that they list have NO ONE killed.

Then they go on to state that "A mass shooting is defined as when four or more people are shot in the same incident.

So who are THEY to determine that "4" is considered a "mass" shooting"

"And they've been responsive to criticism, too. When gun-rights proponents pointed out that there were two instances of pellet gun shootings in the database, the moderators promptly removed them."

"But there's no question that it uses a broader definition than what has been previously understood. For starters, it's important to realize that there has never been one universally accepted definition of a “mass shooting.” The government has never even defined "mass shooting" as a stand-alone category."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-in-america/

Bottom line, some knee jerk organization CHOOSES to use the number 4 for mass shooting means squat.

You might to find a less biased site with credibility. This place has NONE!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-15-2016 at 08:40 AM..

Old 06-15-2016, 08:29 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Then how about a requirement to have a class III license to acquire high capacity magazines? I'm not in favor of banning anything. Just wondering if it's possible to make it more difficult for nut jobs like the Orlando shooter to kill so many people at a time.
All they do is just stop issuing licenses. That is what they did in California.

Plus it doesn't deal with the hundreds of millions of magazines people already own.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:31 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If two armed thugs break into my house I have the right barrel and the left barrel. That should take care of the problem. If there are more I have 8 rounds in my 1911 pistol. If there are more than that I am in a WAR and probably dead.
If you want to throw in the towel, that is your prerogative, but you MAY NOT throw in the towel for anyone else who may be in that situation.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:32 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Even the rich have to pass a thorough background check and obtain a special permit (class III firearms license) to acquire a machine gun. Consequently very few people of any amount of wealth own fully automatic weapons. Machine guns and crimes committed with them are extremely rare in the U.S. Maybe it would be a good idea to classify semi-automatic rifles as class III weapons. That would not be a complete ban but they would be more difficult (and expensive) to obtain. Responsible people could still get them if they were willing to undergo the background checks and pay the fees. By the way, I'm not a lefty gun grabber, but a second amendment supporter. But I think it's time to reconsider the availability of semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15.

Maybe we should make it harder for people like you to exercise free speech, also. I'm not against free speech but it's time to consider allowing everyone with an opinion the right to post. Maybe a permit process and a test and perhaps a $500 license.

That makes me think - I'm not against voting but it's too easy. People can just walk in and pull the lever without any training. It's dangerous to the nation. At a minimum we need background checks for voting. Maybe even a waiting period.

While we are at it, the notion one can just walk in and terminate a pregnancy scares me. I'm not against abortion but come on, at a minimum there should be a permit and maybe even abortion licenses.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:36 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
More people die by blunt objects every year than by all rifles, which include the at-15, combined. But anti gun dems are scarred of economically correct black rifles. Statistics and commons sense be damned.

Democrat elites have a long history of discriminating against anything black. That's why we have ghettos.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:37 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Maybe we should make it harder for people like you to exercise free speech, also. I'm not against free speech but it's time to consider allowing everyone with an opinion the right to post. Maybe a permit process and a test and perhaps a $500 license.

That makes me think - I'm not against voting but it's too easy. People can just walk in and pull the lever without any training. It's dangerous to the nation. At a minimum we need background checks for voting. Maybe even a waiting period.

While we are at it, the notion one can just walk in and terminate a pregnancy scares me. I'm not against abortion but come on, at a minimum there should be a permit and maybe even abortion licenses.
There are already limits on free speech: libel, terroristic threats, etc. Nothing I have said falls into those categories.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Out efforts to keep cocaine off the streets is the prime example of "when there is demand there is supply."

The only people who obey the cocaine laws are the people who CHOOSE to obey them.

The only people who will obey gun laws are the people who choose to obey them.

Laws are set up to define unacceptable behavior and punish those who participate in those banned behaviors.

We don't ban cars that go over 75 mph to enforce speeding laws. We don't ban duct tape to enforce kidnapping laws. We don't ban dogs to enforce dog fighting laws.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:41 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

"I wish I had less ammo," said nobody in the history.

The second amendment is not just about self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies