Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 08:52 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Now, some may say, who cares what these people say.

Well, my point is, unfortunately the Orlando shooting seems to be provoking the wrong kinds of responses from some of our fellow Americans, from Christian preachers to celebrities. And no doubt these outspoken people represent the views of many people.

You would think that such an attack would galvanize and unite all Americans.

I'm not denying that there's been a lot of media coverage over this incident. Yet, it seems to me that much of the response and sympathy seems a bit muted, and some responses inflammatory towards the victims. This, apparently because of the lifestyle and sexual orientation of the victims.

Sad.

Did the Duggars really just blame the victims for the Orlando shooting?

Quote:
And, unfortunately for the Duggars, some of the comments immediately started to wonder if the verse was meant to assign blame to the victims of the shooting. Many wondered if the "resist the devil" line was insinuating that the victims of the attack were to blame because they failed to "resist the devil," as the Duggars put it.

"The Duggars clearly believe it’s the victims’ fault," one commenter wrote soon after the verse was posted. Another commented, "I take this as a passive way of saying they got what they deserved. Knowing how anti LGBT the Duggars are they are probably not sorry. I’m not surprised, but it still makes me sad." Still another added, "Why can’t they just post that they are praying for all the victims and their families and loved ones? Then there would be no speculation on what they actually mean by the post. And that would be the Christian thing."
Duggar daughter responds to Orlando attack with messages from anti-LGBT pastors

Quote:
Reality TV star Jessa Duggar and her husband Ben Seewald are speaking out about the Orlando massacre at LGBT nightclub Pulse by quoting messages from anti-LGBT Christian leaders. Given the quotes’ origins and the Duggar family’s history of anti-LGBT activism and fear-mongering, not everyone is welcoming her input on the matter.

According to The Hollywood Gossip blog, Duggar drew fire from critics for posting a quote by antigay evangelical Christian Albert Mohler, the president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.

“This is when we show that Christians mourn with those who mourn. May the Gospel of Jesus Christ be evident as the only power greater than a broken heart,” said the quote, which Duggar posted on Facebook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 08:54 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
why is anyone giving these freaks a voice? their son molested his OWN SISTERS! the whole family has been disgraced. who the hell are they to criticize or weigh in? they mean less than nothing.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
What did honey boo boo's mom say? the duck guys?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:05 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Why won't these people just go away. I think media outlets keep interviewing them to stir up.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:30 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
My mother said, "If you can't say something nice about somebody, don't say anything."
Uh, guess I'll just shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies