Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: P.C. is good and necessary
Yes 15 15.00%
NO 85 85.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
I find it interesting how careful our President is about hurting/offending our 'moderate' Muslim brothers and sisters by not calling out Radical Islam for what it is. What does he think will happen if he blames 'radical islam' for the recent terrorist attacks? Does he think the moderates will be so butt-hurt that they will turn radical and contribute to the terrorism?

President Obama has been politically correct up to this point and it's very apparent that these terrorists do not care. At this point, ISIS leaders are probably getting a kick out of us infighting and blaming each other everytime there is a terrorist attack.
He is responsible for blowing up their family members and friends. For destroying their cities. For overthrowing those who were enforcing relative peace. Does he really think they care one bit for what he says?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 07:45 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I saw this on a friend's facebook pages and totally agree:

"Political correctness" is a manufactured grievance by those who don't want to be respectful toward those with whom they disagree, and even hate.
No, it's to protect soft people from the truth so their feelings don't get hurt. WAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2016, 07:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
How a real leader speaks.

This Is What Leadership Looks Like... Netanyahu Releases Powerful Statement on #OrlandoShooting

Old 06-16-2016, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, it's to protect soft people from the truth so their feelings don't get hurt. WAHHHHHH!!!!!!
Let's try to raise the level of discourse a bit, shall we?

This is why you don't like "PC" because you would have to discuss things with some measure of civility that is not available on an elementary school level.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:07 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Poll speaks for itself.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Trump claims P.C. is deadly, Obama says it necessary. What say you ?

I say PC is sometimes annoying.

Drumpf is perpetually annoying.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:56 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
First of all, the question framing is way too narrow. It should really be "what's the difference between being precise with your words vs. being reckless?"

Obama is consistently the former, and Trump is consistently the latter.

PC or no PC is a red herring.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:03 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Does anyone else notice that when Obama speaks, he seems very nervous that he might say the wrong thing? Like someone is standing over him with a big stick and will swat him on the head if he strays from what has been agreed on? I think that is the reason that he sometimes stutters.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:08 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Does anyone else notice that when Obama speaks, he seems very nervous that he might say the wrong thing? Like someone is standing over him with a big stick and will swat him on the head if he strays from what has been agreed on? I think that is the reason that he sometimes stutters.
Um, he um, really isn't um, all that good at um, speaking unless he is, um, reading from a teleprompter.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Your post represents how awful PC is. I can't call the person I have been married to for more than 50 years my husband because it might offend someone. I have a son and a daughter and they are very different. Son and daughter let's me tell which sibling I am referring to and that should not offend anyone either.

Obama made a big to do this week about not blaming a religious organization for the acts of one person but he is a hypocrite about it. See if you can find the speech he made when the drug crazed young man killed the church members in Charleston. He could not wait to blame every ancestor who fought under that flag for their deaths. He called the confederate flag a symbol of hate just because the young man had a picture of the flag on his Facebook page. You don't think that hurt the feelings of every person in the South who had relatives fight and die under that flag. The USA flag has more to do with slavery than the battle flag of southern soldiers. Slavery went on about 100 years under the USA flag and the southern battle flag only flew 4 years.

That is the problem with PC. One person gets to choose what the PC is and everybody else has to fall in line. I have a husband, not a significant other and my two "children" are male and female and there is not one thing wrong with that.

Obama and Hillary need to stop the blame game and understand the constitution of the USA allows for differences of opinion. Then he needs to get to work trying to protect the citizens of this country more than those who just move here and teach their children to hate us.
There is a difference between differences in opinion and blatant disregard for another person. To some people the rebel flag is a difference in opinion, though try saying that to descendants of African slaves. To some saying husband when you are male is disregard because they don't believe in homosexual marriage. It isn't easy to define and varies on the individual so I don't try to say that. Does that make me a P.C. Liberal, perhaps but it makes me emphasize with others before being told I shouldn't say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies