Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 05:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Yet USA has had Gay Pride Parades for 30 odd years, and Muslim countries dont even allow them. Only Turkey, that is 1 out of 57 muslim countries that even allows a parade.
Right. Just like Christine Quinn was not allowed to march as an openly Gay person in the NYC St. Pat's Parade, but could and did in the DUBLIN parade? Look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 05:23 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Right. Just like Christine Quinn was not allowed to march as an openly Gay person in the NYC St. Pat's Parade, but could and did in the DUBLIN parade? Look it up.
Poor analogy, but that's all the Democrats have left to aid their Islamist allies.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:31 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Most ridiculous post here. Sorry, but I'm sick of conservatives being blamed for a registered Democrat who pledged allegiance to ISIS while murdering or maiming 102 people in a nightclub. That is not the fault of anyone but this spineless coward and his messed up religion.
Westboro showing up here today does not help the conservatives. Also not much being said from the mega churches,, specially in Orlando's Bible Belt. Only heard from one. Least one in the city,,, hmm but the carnage is only the shooters fault. Agree with that.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VlCEVERSA View Post
????? The UK or Europe was built by Muslims. After all, they were ruled by the Moors for over 700 years. They brought Culture, Architectures and rule.
That doesn't mean a thing in 2016.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:55 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That doesn't mean a thing in 2016.
... or any other year. Europe was not built by Muslims.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:47 AM

977 posts, read 1,010,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Great, what the UK needs is even more Muslims to bring even more diversity!

Diversity is wonderful, diversity is great and now I can get a good gyro sammich!

“Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word.â€
Thomas Sowell

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this quote!!!!! EXACTLY how I have began to feel just unable to say it in the correct words.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:56 AM

977 posts, read 1,010,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VlCEVERSA View Post
????? The UK or Europe was built by Muslims. After all, they were ruled by the Moors for over 700 years. They brought Culture, Architectures and rule.
OMG!!! This is so funny!!! If the mores are so great that's why they had the renaissance and not Europeans, that is why they have such great countries, not the Europeans.

Why does Zimbabwe suck? Why does Samoa suck? Why does Kazakstan suck? When I say suck I mean have no decent economy, no decent infrastructure, no decent health care, etc. It's because the PEOPLE! The people make a country what it is! The people make the laws, the discoveries, the culture, the EVERYTHING about the country. So if the country "sucks" it's because the people. Why do you want to bring these people to the great country you live in? They stick together and just turn the areas they live in into the countries they came from. And usually aren't even grateful, and from all the aid they get turn into entitled, rules don't apply to me "people".

Old 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
To suggest that American conservatives are as hostile to gays as Muslims are is either idiotic or intellectually dishonest.
Its both.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:22 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's the "all Muslims want to chop your head off" line that you people consistently bleat that is the problem.
Yeah, actually, I've never heard anyone say that "all Muslims want to chop your head off".

You have to be obtuse not to get the actual sentiment expressed or intellectually dishonest to pretend that you do not.

Honestly, I don't think we need any imported Moslems in the US. That doesn't make me a racist, nor does it mean that I believe that all of them are evil.

However, and I don't see any liberals discussing these notions

1. Why do we need to accept hundreds of thousands of people coming from a backward land and in possession of a backward ideology?

2. How will these people improve or otherwise enhance our liberal democracy... i.e., what have they to offer us and our society?

3. Why should we admit as immigrants people who dislike us and who hold an ideology that is incompatible with our basic ideas of individual liberty?

Yes, the US was established by and is a nation of immigrants and descendants of immigrants.

BUT, we have always, from the very beginning, had immigration laws and regulations. We have always (at least up until about 1965) controlled our borders and considered carefully who we let in.

The US Constitution is not a suicide pact.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,548 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You cherry picked my quote to begin with. I argued that they would most likely be the majority, then looked up the information when told by a British man that they only represent 7.5% of the population, so I posted the one that says they will be 26,000,000 in population by 2051. Did you happen to read my thoughts on the fact that Muslim birth rates could fall in line with other birth rates by then, or the Muslim ideology could undergo a modernization influenced by Western ideals by then, making the threat of laws against homosexuality moot?
I cherry picked nothing. You on the other hand are trying to argue that I should have waited until you made that second post after YOU realized you were wrong, and even then you were still wrong, because 33%(26 million) comes no where near "Most likely be in the majority "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies