Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:03 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
But at this point, the alternative is Hillary. I don't think anyone doubts she would be far left of Trump on virtually every issue!

bwahahaha.

Seriously?

Pay attention to your candidate. He's for raising the minimum wage, he wants to repeal Obamacare because he wants to have universal healthcare paid for by the government. He's mentioned that higher taxes on the wealthy are coming via removal of loopholes.

Note-not a recommendation to vote for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 08:03 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
No. I don't think that people should force their sexual thoughts & behaviors on others. I also don't think that people should allow themselves to be stereotyped like that.
Who's forcing their sexual thoughts and behaviors on you?

Are you being forced to have a same sex relationship? Is someone making you march in a pride parade? Did you wake up one morning and find yourself handcuffed to a chair at a gay wedding, unable to leave?

That would be wrong but I kinda doubt that's happening.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:05 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,699,181 times
Quote:
But at this point, the alternative is Hillary. I don't think anyone doubts she would be far left of Trump on virtually every issue!
This is a big issue. Liberals are going to try their best to label Trump as too liberal, or worse. The irony is that the alternative (as you point out) is Hillary. The argument is terrible, but the US has millions of ignorant voters! Unfortunately, hard-line conservatives are also going to bash Trump because they are narrow minded. In a weird twist of fate, Trump becomes the "moderate" candidate.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Are you being forced to have a same sex relationship? Is someone making you march in a pride parade? Did you wake up one morning and find yourself handcuffed to a chair at a gay wedding, unable to leave?

I was forced by my friends to march at a gay pride parade in support of them via emotional manipulation that makes me believe they are good people. Never been handcuffed to a chair at a gay wedding, but who knows. Maybe if they wanted a themed wedding that required their minister to be handcuffed.

Nothing wrong with any of that

Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,806,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

The fact is, you know exactly what you get with hillary. You have no idea what you get with trump though.
I disagree. He has made his positions known on many issues. I'm sure I won't agree with everything he does, heck that wouldn't happen with ANY candidate. I do know Hillary would be a disaster for any freedom loving American that wants less government in their lives.

P.S. I'm not even a Republican.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I disagree. He has made his positions known on many issues. I'm sure I won't agree with everything he does, heck that wouldn't happen with ANY candidate. I do know Hillary would be a disaster for any freedom loving American that wants less government in their lives.

P.S. I'm not even a Republican.
Actually his views have been a bit flip floppy. Both of these candidates horrify me. We have 300 million people in this country, and these two folks represent the best that should lead? I'd sooner have my 21 year old daughter run this country then these two.

3,378 posts, read 3,699,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

1. The media

Its a shame that we are always talking about this. 50 people died and gays want to take credit or being gay. It is quite possible that some of those people in Orlando were heterosexuals.
Homosexuality offends me. So, when a person says or does something that offends someone else it is a problem!

1,203 posts, read 1,806,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
bwahahaha.

Seriously?

Pay attention to your candidate. He's for raising the minimum wage, he wants to repeal Obamacare because he wants to have universal healthcare paid for by the government. He's mentioned that higher taxes on the wealthy are coming via removal of loopholes.

Note-not a recommendation to vote for Trump.
Lol, so I should vote for Hillary? Yeah, okay. Not. I'll have two real options on Election Day, and I'll vote for the least offensive candidate.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:13 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,555,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
What are the chances that Trump could actually get any of those things he talks about accomplished? I know he says things that many people like hearing but the reality is he is unlikely to get the support he would need to get anything done. That's just the cold reality of the situation.
That's not his fault. At least he is saying the right things and if we throw our support behind him he may get some of it done. Someone not saying the right things won't even be trying to get the right things done.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Lol, so I should vote for Hillary? Yeah, okay. Not.

Read my other post.
I have no idea who you should vote for. But you should be honest with yourself about your candidate.

I wont recommend Clinton either. For me she is the better of two sucky choices, for you it may be Trump. Shrug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies