Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:13 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,453 times

Advertisements

The more of them I meet, the more repulsed I am by their whining, their "suffering", pleas for sympathy, weak excuses, and all the free handouts received.

Everyone makes mistakes, I understand poor decisions with unrealistic expectations. You make a poor decision, you suffer the repercussions of it, learn from it, and DON'T DO IT AGAIN. This is a simple equation.

Nature's sensible book of rules proves that if food is scarce in the area then breeding may cease altogether. Squirrels seem to understand this concept; humans do not, and are even rewarded for overbreeding without having resources to care for their young.

Here's a classic, personal example that could easily be any one of the millions of the new "single mother" class in the United States: Female, age 28, bordering on obesity, two children, two daddies, never married. Earns around $12/hr working full time (when she actually makes it in to work, there's always a new problem or crisis) Like a revolving door kids are perpetually sick, daycare rejects sick children, baby-daddy isn't showing up for his share of visitation, etc etc etc.

Her tough life includes making payments on a large, expensive SUV (why a young woman with two small children drives a huge truck with towing capabilities is unclear to me), making a dozen social chit chat calls every day on her cell phone when there is a (free) land line phone sitting on her desk, spending evenings playing video games on the latest game console or watching cable TV at home, and eating out for lunch every day at six to eight bucks a pop.

Wow, do I feel for her struggles and sacrifices. Of course all of this is made possible by the following rewards:
  • upcoming tax refund of $3500 per child (coming from a system that she contributed absolutely nothing to)
  • free groceries (courtesy of food stamps)
  • free medical care for the two offspring
  • discounted child care rates
  • free milk and cheese for the offspring
"I'd like to have more children someday."
"I can't pay my dentist bill because I'm a single parent and it was an expense I wasn't expecting."
"Oh, everything I eat is fattening! [insert giggle here]"

And the list goes on.

With the exception of women who are widowed or otherwise left alone due to death of the other committed parent, I have ZERO respect for single mothers. Worthless, lazy leeches. A true scourge of the industrious sector of society. Whenever I'm asked for help or a favor from one of these breeders, here's what I say: "No."

Shaking my head with disgust...

Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,029 times
I have zero respect for people who judge a very large group based on one or two anecdotal experiences that they generalize to a whole population.

"I gotta tell ya, I have zero respect for Chinese people, one time this Chinese guy stole my sandwich, anyone who's Chinese ain't okay in my book, nosiree." You need to learn how to think.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:19 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,054 times
I'm a single mother. We all don't fit into that neat little box you've presented there.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
WHoa O ! I've big news for you, gnubler....there's plenty of other people sucking us dry and they are all not poor or single....some are quite wealthy. Sorry you only know losers

Old 02-16-2008, 03:29 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,104,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
With the exception of women who are widowed or otherwise left alone due to death of the other committed parent, I have ZERO respect for single mothers. Worthless, lazy leeches. A true scourge of the industrious sector of society. Whenever I'm asked for help or a favor from one of these breeders, here's what I say: "No."
Excellent.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:30 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,911 times
Quote:
The more of them I meet, the more repulsed I am by their whining, their "suffering", pleas for sympathy, weak excuses, and all the free handouts received.

Everyone makes mistakes, I understand poor decisions with unrealistic expectations. You make a poor decision, you suffer the repercussions of it, learn from it, and DON'T DO IT AGAIN. This is a simple equation.

Nature's sensible book of rules proves that if food is scarce in the area then breeding may cease altogether. Squirrels seem to understand this concept; humans do not, and are even rewarded for overbreeding without having resources to care for their young.

Here's a classic, personal example that could easily be any one of the millions of the new "single mother" class in the United States: Female, age 28, bordering on obesity, two children, two daddies, never married. Earns around $12/hr working full time (when she actually makes it in to work, there's always a new problem or crisis) Like a revolving door kids are perpetually sick, daycare rejects sick children, baby-daddy isn't showing up for his share of visitation, etc etc etc.

Her tough life includes making payments on a large, expensive SUV (why a young woman with two small children drives a huge truck with towing capabilities is unclear to me), making a dozen social chit chat calls every day on her cell phone when there is a (free) land line phone sitting on her desk, spending evenings playing video games on the latest game console or watching cable TV at home, and eating out for lunch every day at six to eight bucks a pop.

Wow, do I feel for her struggles and sacrifices. Of course all of this is made possible by the following rewards:
  • upcoming tax refund of $3500 per child (coming from a system that she contributed absolutely nothing to)
"I can't pay my dentist bill because I'm a single parent and it was an expense I wasn't expecting."

And the list goes on.

I take it you make an exception for single mothers who successfully juggle careers and kids and receive no state benefits?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:32 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,608 times
Quote:

And the list goes on.

If you are giong to have such disrespect for her.. you also need to have disrespect for the irresponsible fathers who are 50% of the cause of pregnancy and are also 50% to blame for the entire thing.

Please..I'm not defending your example.. not at all.. I AM HOWEVER, POINTING OUT THAT THERE ARE 2 BABY DADDYS OUT THERE THAT ARE NOT GETTING THE SAME DISRESPECT.

And for every single mother that is the poor example you mentioend.. there is the single mother that despite the fact that the father is not living up to their end of the obligation, they do it alone, work hard to give their kids a future, don't drive SUV or talk excessively on a cell phone and still do require assistance. And society still looks down on them but dismisses the fathers and only blames the mother for the predicament.

i'm just saying.. if you're going to blame the woman you need to equally blame the man too.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

i'm just saying.. if you're going to blame the woman you need to equally blame the man too.
I agree with this. If you're looking to blame someone, attacking the person who is doing her best by herself is easy and pretty low...

Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
True there are the stereo typical single moms who fit the op's topic. I would say becareful. We all have made mistakes. If kids were planned I wouldn't have had the 2 I have. They were both a surprise. Both loved and adored but a surprise none the less.
You are in an intimate relationship. You feel you can trust the partner. Whoops it happens and a baby is made. The partner turns out to be anything but what he pretended to be. What to do????
I do have issues with welfare scammers. But they are not the majority of single moms. The majority of single moms I know are:
1. Hard working very loving moms.
2. Very resourseful balancing work and home life.
3. Proud moms who try their level best.
No sir Bashing on single moms is not acceptable. Some made a few bad choices some got left in the middle of the night by jerks and some the minority are simply low class ignorant women.
The gnubler the ones who rate your ire are in fact the dead beat dads who make all us men look bad. Its because of these dead beats these women are hoeing the row solo. Its because of dead beat dads that good dads get taken to the cleaners in court. Well them and greedy lawyers.
Single moms deserve a measure of respect. I am married now. But for a while after my devorce I was primary care giver for my autistic daughter. Its no easy task balancing work and home life when your the solo parent.
By the way I know quite a few single moms and none own big suv's.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
And isn't it just so easy and doesn't it just make you feel so much better about yourself to rag on these people....too scared to criticize those rich leeches who are a bigger drain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies