Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 06:34 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
OK here is where I have a problem with this post. Of course there are a number of Muslim extremists doing terrible things, this is not news. It's a huge huge problem. But your entire list consists of, what, 100 radicals? Given the number of millions of Muslims in the world you are making a blanket statement about an entire group of people based on the actions of like .000000001% of them.

I could throw out an even longer list, starting with but not limited to the following literally off the top of my head. The fact is the vast majority of these tragedies are committed by American, NOT Muslim:

Columbine
Oklahoma City
Aurora Movie Theater
VA Tech
Sandy Hook
Planned Parenthood
Charleston
The Post Office shooting which coined the phrase "going Postal"
Washington Navy Yard

You do realize Muslim isn't a nationality right?

Also...

reaching much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times
Default So is He up for grabs too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post

Only by the West turning back to its God can they be defeated.
Hmmm, meaning Christianity? But wasn't Jesus a Jew, isn't the Old Testament simply Torah appropriated, with the New Testament added to bring the OT up to date (@ that time & place)? Didn't the Jews spend a lot of time in exile in Babylon & Egypt & Syria & Palestine & Israel (under Rome)? Weren't they there exposed to pre-Islamic deities & practices & culture? & didn't the Jewish communities & priests of the time & place largely reject the claims that Jesus was the promised Messiah?

& my impression is that the early Catholic Church fathers turned their back on Greek & the Semitic languages as soon as they reasonably could. They preferred Latin, especially once Emperor Constantine had more or less drafted the budding, growing churches as stiffening & expertise for the government administration (He made the Roman Catholic Church the official church, although I don't remember if it was the church, or simply raised to be one among many.) The current incarnations of Protestant Christianity in the West take Roman Catholicism as a starting point - long after the separation of Western Church & Eastern Church (the Eastern Church kept more of the Greek & Semitic languages & documents alive, TMK.)

So the phrase turning back to its God is kind of problematic, given all that history & theology & hierarchical development. (This doesn't include all the power struggles & nascent nationalism & printing & vernacular language & class struggles between & among kings & barons, merchants, peasants, clergy. Maybe another time.)

Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Mohammad was a pedophile. married his 9 year old niece. Murdered, lied , any means to an end to conquer. He was barbaric. Is it no wonder why they are barbarians that believe they have to do what Mohammad tells them .

Old 06-22-2016, 07:20 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I don't want to be a downer here, but my ancestors came out of Germany, from the people who sacked Rome 200 years earlier and did the exact same thing. You don't see me advocating murder and mayhem just because they did, do you? Although I might want to the next time someone can't make a simple statement of opinion without using the word "liberal" in it as an insult. Some of you people use the word "liberal" the way Christians use the Bible as an excuse for not thinking for yourself. Liberal is your "defense" word, because you can't formulate an intelligent response with your own words about how you feel.
You are comparing your German ancestors to Muhammad, just goes to show your understanding of Islam.

Quran says Muhammad is a perfect human being and an example for Muslims to follow for all time.
The only problem is Muhammad was a terrorist.
Sina's Challenge

Old 06-22-2016, 07:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Mohammad was a pedophile. married his 9 year old niece. Murdered, lied , any means to an end to conquer. He was barbaric. Is it no wonder why they are barbarians that believe they have to do what Mohammad tells them .
Why are you choosing to ignore the pedophiles in your own holy book, which are so innumerable that it's scary. And murdered, lied and conquer? Jeezus...have you read YOUR holy book? It makes the Koran look like a children's story.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I give up. One hundred and fifty years ago you guys would have been writing the same mouth foaming editorials urging us to purge our country of...........American Indians. Word for word. If you want Muslims to live in peace, how better than to set a good example as friends and neighbors to the ones who already live peacefully among us?

Hasta la bye-bye, babycakes.

Are you suggesting this little girl and her family were not nice to the muslim family and this is why she was abused?

I think if you take some time to look back through the post you will find it was a non Republican who suggested it was Native American boys and then said it was white boys........so just who is it not playing nice?

Friends of this family are raising money to move the family some place else........why are they not apologizing and doing what they can to work things out with the community......instead of running?

Quote:
Don't you think that demanding peace from a culture of people while spewing your hate about them is sort of like....painting racing stripes on a Pinto? Nothing like teaching them how to hate like us - and right now in the US, we're pretty good teachers of that, aren't we?
Tell this to the family of the 5 yr old

Old 06-22-2016, 08:07 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why are you choosing to ignore the pedophiles in your own holy book, which are so innumerable that it's scary. And murdered, lied and conquer? Jeezus...have you read YOUR holy book? It makes the Koran look like a children's story.
Do you only ask Christians about the Bible, I have noticed you stay away from Jewish people on this. Most all bad things are in the OT........you know good and well Christians accept the Jewish doctrine, but Jews don't except Jesus.

I dare you to start asking Jewish people about their book.......double dog!

It is known in muslim countries that raping any women 10 times makes her a muslim, cleanses her of her evil faith.......isn't that cool!

Why is it muslims can come to America, but Christians are not allowed freedom in Saudi Arabia or Iran?

Nothing like you attacking Christians when the subject is about a disabled girl being touched or raped.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
With that I do agree - but I think 1.) Most people think the same way we do - there are great people of every nationality out there - but there are also extremists that we have to protect ourselves from. 2.) The PC libs no longer know how to think or interpret meanings of words through context. They dissect each sentence not as a thought but honing in on specific words. More than once - myself or someone else will try to convey a thought but the words coming out of your mouth don't actually convey the thought and we utter to that person - I know what you mean - because we do know exactly what they meant. This leads to thoughts being misinterpreted and continually repeated as something they were never meant to convey in the first place.

I know some great Muslims - Ollie came from Pakistan - opened up the gas station / store down the street. You've never met a nicer guy. Made enough to get a Tim Horton's franchise ( for those who don't know - Tim Horton's is the equivalent of a Starbucks and it's $$$$ to buy a franchise ) He's worked hard for his money and for his business. I hold no ill will against Ollie or the way he practices his religion because he does not see his book of faith as extremists do. But even Ollie feels that there has to be more investigations into a person's background before being admitted here.

Actually he's the one who said the point I've tried to make in other threads. He came here for freedom, to escape these extremists - he doesn't want his new country to turn into what his old country has. Ollie said that many Muslims are afraid to report strange goings on - for fear these people will look for retribution or reporting such actions sometimes falls on deaf ears as the gov't is fearful of identifying and calling out the extremists. Ollie calls my husband a Pollack and my husband will call him a ******* - all done in just - no feelings hurt. He also feels the Muslim community has to come together as a group and denounce the extremists for what they are - but again he said they are too fearful. They once trusted gov'ts that turned against them - they're not willing to put trust in America that quickly.
Question of curiosity here:

Would you happen to be privy about how "Ollie" from Pakistan was able to accumulate enough money to buy a gas station? Apparently a highly lucrative one.

Would love to know the answer.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Do you only ask Christians about the Bible, I have noticed you stay away from Jewish people on this. Most all bad things are in the OT........you know good and well Christians accept the Jewish doctrine, but Jews don't except Jesus.

I dare you to start asking Jewish people about their book.......double dog!

It is known in muslim countries that raping any women 10 times makes her a muslim, cleanses her of her evil faith.......isn't that cool!

Why is it muslims can come to America, but Christians are not allowed freedom in Saudi Arabia or Iran?

Nothing like you attacking Christians when the subject is about a disabled girl being touched or raped.
Let me put it this way....

The Jewish posters aren't running around CD being all sanctimonious about their own faith while trashing other's faith. It's the Christian posters that do it.

In fact, the Jewish posters rarely ever rip Arabs or Islam (mostly because they know their holy book is incredibly barbarous), and they have a far more nuanced view of the situation.

Besides, what does it matter? The Christian "God" is the same God in both books. Their book is YOUR book, but your book ISN'T their book. So since they don't yap so much, I've got nothing to say to them.

You're just upset that the truth is being pointed out. The Old Testament is a Christian book. It's attached to every Bible...Christians quote it extensively....probably more than they do the New Testament.

So please....don't even try it.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
How many times do you excuse makers have to be called out?

Here is what the ORIGINAL from the OP said:

Please point out where it says "gang rape", "Syrian refugees", or "knife point". Please, show where that paragraph says any of that.

AGAIN, from YOUR linked article, greywar:

Liberals came charging in here, mouth foaming, screaming "FALSE, FALSE, FALSE" that anyone said anything about Syrian refugees. The OP did not say a thing about Syrian refugees...just so the anti-Americans are clear - since someone so vehemently called the OP and anyone else who discussed the story or disgust with Muslims or refugees as "xenophobes"...which is just another "racist card" that gets flung about.

No one here is "scared" of any person or culture. "Total disgust" of a culture is not "fear". Someone hacks up snot and spits it out on the sidewalk...you find that disgusting...do you fear it, too? No, you don't. Put your race card away and step off of that moral high ground that you have no right to be on, liberals.
Go back and read the original article. No...READ ALL of it. the pictures of the twitter posts for example. Now listen to the hearing video there. yeah.

But hey if you ignore all of that, sure, I missed it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies