U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 04:29 PM

2,365 posts, read 1,117,734 times

Advertisements

I know the 10 and 13 year old should be sent to prison. Did the 8 year old know what was happening? I think he should be locked up in a psychiatric hospital for 1 year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 04:41 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,620,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Yah, no worries. I thought that Islam might be against dogs in general, just as they have a taboo on pork. I thought it was appropriate to the discussion on Islam & dogs, to bring out the information. But yes, if the juveniles in the OP & the young men in your encounter are Islamic refugees from the Middle East somewhere (or even just students, in a college town), & plan to stay in the US - they need to learn the cues & appropriate behavior in the US.
I found your article interesting and I have read this before.I gave you a rep for stepping in.......I can be opened minded about people, its body language I pay attention to, not really who they are. I wasn't the least bit concerned about them until the dog barked and they started walking slow, talking in my direction and glaring at me.........the walking real slow part is what set the dog off in the first place. He knew!

I wasn't fearful, I was uncomfortable, rather than stop the dog barking, the polite side of me let the dog bark until they got to the side walk. They at least knew they would have one dog on them and never realizing they were going to have 3 dogs.......as in 3~Shepherds. I don't go many places without my dogs, so, if people don't like it, get used to it........... I am not the only one out there.

Quote:
Otherwise, they'll forever be involved in confrontations & misunderstandings. It's easy enough to have those; as guests in the country, they need to learn their way around US cultural patterns, & learn to blend in better.
I think some may be here to find better lives. Its the ones practicing Wahabbism seem to be the extreme religious people. Articles about Iran before strict religion came, is very interesting reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Have they been found guilty by way of evidence or are they being tried in the court of public opinion?
It took 3 weeks to decide there should be an arrest. I think they spent some time in juvenile hall and are recently released. I think I saw another thread started about this. In the mean time instead of facing the town that welcomed them with open arms the family wants to be relocated. The little girl's family hasn't even gotten "I am sorry my children were involved in this" that would have been a start......I personally would have tried to make it right, if this were my kids, but hey this is how I was raised, my boys would never have done anything close to this, not even!

Old 06-24-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Half the disturbing part about the Idaho assault is the denials by the media and people that it ever happened.
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Dogs also feed off the emotions of their owners and if the owner is scared, the dog may react to that and bark. Most Muslims don't like dogs and what these guys were talking about was probably the insanity of Americans who consider dogs as companions, just as we consider people who worship cows as a cultural insanity. And I've had people slow walk across the street in front of me before, usually juvenile males who think they're tough. All I do is lean out and tell them if I wanted a hood ornament, I'd get something better looking than them. My car could be a deadly weapon and if someone came at me, I'm not sure I wouldn't use it if I had to.
Look you fail to see I am a women, my attitude is big, but I am not....get it? I was alone and no, I haven't even had young punk white boys do this to me, plus I was an hour away from my hometown......get it now?

I do want to thank you for this insight. My dogs are not just companions, I use them for several reasons........they might want to consider this, lots of people OWN work dogs. Why is it me, that has to figure them out?
Quote:
No, I'm suggesting you be try to be a decent human being to the Muslims that are already peacefully living here.
Next time I will jump out and give them a hug.........I don't go around treating people mean..........sheez!

Quote:
For the record, I think if you go into any country in the world with the intent to live there the rest of your life, you will have to assimilate to a certain degree and you will definitely have to respect the mores, the culture, and the laws of the country you're in AND learn to speak the language (don't even get me started on that one!). And our laws trump religion. ANY religion. Now, try to tell that to the American Evangelicals. I bet you get the "My god über alles!" statement every time.

But according to many on here, the Muslims coming over will terrorize us, and as everyone says these children are the future of that, I guess you could call these kids Terrorists 1.0 beta mode then? Tell you what, how about we look at these kids the same way we look at any child molester and punish them accordingly? Doing that would send a message to everyone, Muslims included, that this is how we here in America deal with people who abuse children.
post 336 explains it wasn't because they were of certain culture, it was because of what they were doing. As if I care what these men think about Americans and our dogs......I really don't!
Quote:
Maybe the problem isn't Muslims. Maybe it's men in general, ya think?
Ah no, I find men to be, lets say.......... very interesting, at least some of them. Nope, no problem with men.....the earth needs them.

Quote:
Here's hoping the irony and sarcasm didn't go over anyone's head.
Ah, ya, whatever!

The real point of this thread and why the community is upset the story was buried and the family involved didn't want their boys to pay a price. You tell me again, how much nicer do we have to be?

Why is it Rakin seen this and you didn't?

Last edited by wildflower82; 06-24-2016 at 05:12 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 05:15 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,645,772 times
Default Navigating the legal system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Good to know, but I still would like to wait for the official charges and the jury. It's just this thing with me, 'innocent until proven otherwise in a 'court of law'. I'm sure you understand, right?
Yes. But if the proceedings remain in the juvenile justice system in Idaho, the records may stay sealed. I don't know the local code - juvenile court records are typically sealed forever. The only exception I can think of would be if one of the accused were remanded to stand trial as an adult. In that case, the normal information about the case, charges, trial, verdict, accused, etc. would be available to the media & the public - whatever the normal information may be - again, that depends on Idaho regulations/legislation.

If the victim - a 5-year-old girl - actually has Developmental Disabilities, she may never be named by the court nor the media. If there's sufficient forensic evidence, video, etc. - she may not have to testify @ all - assuming that it comes to that.

In juvenile justice, I don't know that cases typically go to a jury. Seems to me that to avoid stressing the accused & victim, these cases are usually heard & adjudicated by the presiding judge.

& yes, absolutely, the accused are only that, until the process of law either finds them guilty or not.

Some jurisdictions allow juvenile justice case files to be expunged, after some specified period of time, & assuming that no state follow-up on that case is required. Again, that's a state call.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:23 PM

4,601 posts, read 2,265,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Liberal utopia alive and well in Idaho.
This is false.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:45 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,158,902 times
One for sure thing is that I"m really tired of hearing about your dog.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
One for sure thing is that I"m really tired of hearing about your dog.
So am I and if the men hadn't kept asking so many questions, as if Americans shouldn't have dogs in their car it would have ended.

Yet, just another poster more mad about a dog and not that possibly those college men at age of 18 should have more respect for others.

One poster had the guts to ask if I liked men and when possibly those men didn't like women with dogs.

Notice how they couldn't answer the question about being nice to a disabled girl out playing, but expect us to conform......

Carry on......

Old 06-24-2016, 10:14 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,148,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If three white boys raped and urinated in the mouth of and on the body of a five year old girl you're damn right I would be outraged.
Bahahaha!

Old 06-25-2016, 04:48 AM

10,380 posts, read 5,865,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Dogs also feed off the emotions of their owners and if the owner is scared, the dog may react to that and bark. Most Muslims don't like dogs and what these guys were talking about was probably the insanity of Americans who consider dogs as companions, just as we consider people who worship cows as a cultural insanity. And I've had people slow walk across the street in front of me before, usually juvenile males who think they're tough. All I do is lean out and tell them if I wanted a hood ornament, I'd get something better looking than them. My car could be a deadly weapon and if someone came at me, I'm not sure I wouldn't use it if I had to.

No, I'm suggesting you be try to be a decent human being to the Muslims that are already peacefully living here.

For the record, I think if you go into any country in the world with the intent to live there the rest of your life, you will have to assimilate to a certain degree and you will definitely have to respect the mores, the culture, and the laws of the country you're in AND learn to speak the language (don't even get me started on that one!). And our laws trump religion. ANY religion. Now, try to tell that to the American Evangelicals. I bet you get the "My god über alles!" statement every time.

But according to many on here, the Muslims coming over will terrorize us, and as everyone says these children are the future of that, I guess you could call these kids Terrorists 1.0 beta mode then? Tell you what, how about we look at these kids the same way we look at any child molester and punish them accordingly? Doing that would send a message to everyone, Muslims included, that this is how we here in America deal with people who abuse children.

Maybe the problem isn't Muslims. Maybe it's men in general, ya think?

Here's hoping the irony and sarcasm didn't go over anyone's head.
Drop the mic time.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 06-25-2016 at 04:58 AM..

Old 06-25-2016, 05:21 AM

10,380 posts, read 5,865,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Exactly!

The real point of this thread and why the community is upset the story was buried and the family involved didn't want their boys to pay a price. You tell me again, how much nicer do we have to be?
36 pages and you still haven't figured out what the point of this thread is? It not about the story being burried and it sure ain't about German Shepherds. The point of this thread and the majority of the discussion can be summed up in this line from the opening poster

"How are those refugees working out for you libs?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or