Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 05:38 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,796,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

They may wish to be relocated in order to insure a fair trial, since the locals seem to have been a run away train of information.

A change of venue? It doesn't seem necessary in any event - see Juvenile Case Process | Idaho Fourth Judicial District Court

"At the start of the court hearing, the judge reviews the petition to determine if the juvenile and his/her parents understand the charge. If copies of the petitions have not been served, they are delivered to the juvenile and his/her parents at the hearing.

"Before the facts of the petition are discussed, the judge reviews the constitutional and legal rights of all parties. The court then determines whether or not the facts as contained in the petition are true. If the juvenile denies the charge, the case is set for hearing.

"If the court finds the juvenile within the purview of the Juvenile Corrections Act at the conclusion of the hearing or by the juvenile's own admission, the court proceeds to make disposition.

"The court has a number of alternatives in making disposition. Briefly, they are:
  • dismissing the case after counseling by the judge or probation officer;
  • continuing the case for a specific action (such as paying restitution) to be completed by the juvenile and then dismissing the charges;
  • completing short- or long-term counseling;
  • referring the defendant for psychological or psychiatric evaluation and treatment;
  • completing probation in which the child is allowed to remain at home, subject to supervision by the court; or commitment to a juvenile detention facility for a period of 30 days or less; or referral of the child and/or his/her family to another community agency;
  • committing the juvenile to the Department of Juvenile Corrections which could place the juvenile at the Juvenile Corrections Center or, in some cases, the State Mental Hospital.
"In felony or more serious misdemeanor cases, the court may transfer the case to the district court to be processed under adult criminal law. Under Idaho Code, the juvenile must be at least 14 years of age to be tried as an adult."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

I don't see a date on this, so it may not be current. Still, it appears the judge (not a jury, & therefore there's no point to petitioning for a change of venue. The judge presumably is sufficiently in control of him or herself as to discount media accounts of the case & so on.) has a lot of latitude in disposition of the case. Even transferring the case to adult criminal law is only applicable to 14-year-olds. But such a referral would remove a lot of the protections afforded to juveniles in the juvenile justice system.

I think that's normally the case - the JJ system doesn't normally handle felonies, TMK. & we're still @ the point that proceedings are sealed. The details of the case(s) may never be known to the public. Also interesting, the JJ system in Idaho does not initiate cases - those are referred in, typically by law enforcement, reviewed by the prosecuting attorney for whether they're chargeable, & then the JJ court gets the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 06:30 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
The Obama-appointed U.S. attorney for Idaho has taken the highly unusual step of intervening in a local criminal case involving an alleged sexual assault by juvenile Muslim migrants and threatened the community and media with federal prosecution if they “spread false information or inflammatory statements about the perpetrators.”

WND and other news outlets have reported on the case involving three juvenile boys, two from Sudan and one from Iraq, who allegedly sexually assaulted a 5-year-old special-needs girl in the laundry room of the Fawnbrook Apartments in Twin Falls, Idaho.

The incident occurred on June 2, but did not come to light until more than two weeks later when stories began to swirl on social media.

Read more at Explosive new twist in Idaho sex assault case

This is getting more obscene all the time. Now Oblubber and his Islamic henchmen and women are threatening anyone that tells the truth about this case. This pathetic POS cares far more about his Muslim brothers and sisters and advancing the cause of ISIS than he ever has cared about the American people. Lying sack can't become unemployeed soon enough. President Trump is going to have a lot of work to do cleaning out the Obama trash appointed to government positions.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:40 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,885,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Look you fail to see I am a women, my attitude is big, but I am not....get it? I was alone and no, I haven't even had young punk white boys do this to me, plus I was an hour away from my hometown......get it now?

I do want to thank you for this insight. My dogs are not just companions, I use them for several reasons........they might want to consider this, lots of people OWN work dogs. Why is it me, that has to figure them out?
You don't. But sometimes knowing why people act the way they do can mitigate fear and misunderstanding.

I am a small woman myself and I had a Doberman for years. He was more than a pet. I trained him in Obedience, Tracking, and Schutzhund, and also did SAR with him. I don't think anyone - in person - goes around treating people mean. But the next time they see someone obviously not from this country, maybe try a smile and a wave instead. At least, that's what I'd do until I got a nasty response, and then I'd just drive off.

Quote:

Next time I will jump out and give them a hug.........I don't go around treating people mean..........sheez!
I'm not saying hug them, specifically. Or even be nice to them, specifically. I don't even smile at American men in public these days if I feel I am vulnerable. I'm saying in a general way. We have Muslims who operate our local gas station. I went in there and smiled and said please and thank you and have been made to feel very welcome when I stop there now.

That's all I'm saying. Courtesy when we meet someone not from our country, instead of hate and disgust.

Quote:

post 336 explains it wasn't because they were of certain culture, it was because of what they were doing. As if I care what these men think about Americans and our dogs......I really don't!
Ah no, I find men to be, lets say.......... very interesting, at least some of them. Nope, no problem with men.....the earth needs them.

Ah, ya, whatever!
I thought it was an interesting cartoon because it came out at a time when the FLDS was in the public eye. Posting it was sort of like pointing out that in the case of the burka, the cartoon seemed to lay the blame at men in general. Now it seems like the blame is laid on Muslim men in general. It's interesting on how our perceptions of who to blame for things can change, given what's in vogue at the minute. And what's even funnier, no one seems to ask the women wearing the burka if they would take it off if they had a choice. Many of them would, but a lot of them wouldn't.

And you're right, I didn't care what anyone says about my dog either.

Quote:

The real point of this thread and why the community is upset the story was buried and the family involved didn't want their boys to pay a price. You tell me again, how much nicer do we have to be?

Why is it Rakin seen this and you didn't?
Erm, well, I was more responding to the other posts that popped up that didn't refer to that. And again, to these boys, specifically, you don't have to be nice to them at all. They didn't do a nice thing. I wouldn't be nice to them. But I'm not going to drop kick the next Muslim kid that comes along because of what those kids did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I think maybe your mindset is the problem.
And I see someone missed the irony and sarcasm.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
You don't. But sometimes knowing why people act the way they do can mitigate fear and misunderstanding.

I am a small woman myself and I had a Doberman for years. He was more than a pet. I trained him in Obedience, Tracking, and Schutzhund, and also did SAR with him. I don't think anyone - in person - goes around treating people mean. But the next time they see someone obviously not from this country, maybe try a smile and a wave instead. At least, that's what I'd do until I got a nasty response, and then I'd just drive off.
You seem to miss my point they started it, there was 5 of them, I was not going to confront them. I found it strange men new to the country would think they could act this way. College students around here are usually very polite..........When someone is acting like an ass, I am not going to ask them if they are having a bad day, not all 5 of them.......they knew exactly what they were doing.......these were not elementary kids.

Quote:
I'm not saying hug them, specifically. Or even be nice to them, specifically. I don't even smile at American men in public these days if I feel I am vulnerable. I'm saying in a general way. We have Muslims who operate our local gas station. I went in there and smiled and said please and thank you and have been made to feel very welcome when I stop there now.

That's all I'm saying. Courtesy when we meet someone not from our country, instead of hate and disgust.
I am not sure how you got this and I am tried of trying to explain it! I wasn't meeting the 5 men........

Quote:
I thought it was an interesting cartoon because it came out at a time when the FLDS was in the public eye. Posting it was sort of like pointing out that in the case of the burka, the cartoon seemed to lay the blame at men in general. Now it seems like the blame is laid on Muslim men in general. It's interesting on how our perceptions of who to blame for things can change, given what's in vogue at the minute. And what's even funnier, no one seems to ask the women wearing the burka if they would take it off if they had a choice. Many of them would, but a lot of them wouldn't.
If the women want to wear cover ups that is fine with me, from what some say they like it.....If a muslim women wears a burka that's okay with some Americans, but if a Christian wears a conservative dress people would claim she is being forced.......interesting! Some women are very conservative, not sure why Christian women get picked on by other women.

Quote:
And you're right, I didn't care what anyone says about my dog either.
Be careful bringing up dogs too much, we have sensitive posters.

Quote:
Erm, well, I was more responding to the other posts that popped up that didn't refer to that. And again, to these boys, specifically, you don't have to be nice to them at all. They didn't do a nice thing. I wouldn't be nice to them. But I'm not going to drop kick the next Muslim kid that comes along because of what those kids did.
I wasn't suggesting people go out and be mean to the next muslim kid or even these 3 kids.
What would happen to 3 American boys if they were caught doing this in Sudan or Iraq? Its the cover up that is disturbing, not about going out of my way to be nice to others, I already do that, no matter what color they are.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:41 AM

37 posts, read 62,424 times
More on this. I am still amazed an admin deleted this news as "false". Liberals protecting muslims, how quaint.

Horror and Hush-Up in Twin Falls, Idaho

Old 06-26-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelutgen View Post
More on this. I am still amazed an admin deleted this news as "false". Liberals protecting muslims, how quaint.

Horror and Hush-Up in Twin Falls, Idaho
From the article; Why doesn't this surprise me, seems to be the view of many who think Americans are the ones who need to step up and be kinder. Looks like this article and the one Toyman provided proves it not about being nice!

A concerned grandfather whose granddaughter under the age of 10 was sexually harassed by Muslim migrants protested to mayor Jens Muller. In response to his plea for help, Muller told the elderly man to direct his family to "not walk in areas" where refugees would be.
"Just don't provoke them and don't walk in those areas."

I can't even begin to understand this bolded part!

Old 06-26-2016, 08:48 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Why do I get the feeling I just stepped off into the center of a KKK ring?

Old 06-26-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Why do I get the feeling I just stepped off into the center of a KKK ring?
Possibly because the media makes Twin Falls sound like this.........seriously, I am surprised by your reaction. You seem to be like the media wanting to HIDE the story.......what is someone called who does this? I am far from KKK and I am offended by your response, since not once have you showed concern for the little girl.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Possibly because the media makes Twin Falls sound like this.........seriously, I am surprised by your reaction. You seem to be like the media wanting to HIDE the story.......what is someone called who does this? I am far from KKK and I am offended by your response, since not once have you showed concern for the little girl.
I can see both sides to this event and I'm not the type of person that will shoot first and ask questions later. I also know that the Internet is full of propaganda with an agenda. So the information that is obtained, is tainted (bias) at best.

I'm not going to get caught up on some sort of whirl wind with this, as no good ever comes from that.

Ever played the game of gossip? The Internet and also local communities it's much like that.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
A change of venue? It doesn't seem necessary in any event - see Juvenile Case Process | Idaho Fourth Judicial District Court

"At the start of the court hearing, the judge reviews the petition to determine if the juvenile and his/her parents understand the charge. If copies of the petitions have not been served, they are delivered to the juvenile and his/her parents at the hearing.

"Before the facts of the petition are discussed, the judge reviews the constitutional and legal rights of all parties. The court then determines whether or not the facts as contained in the petition are true. If the juvenile denies the charge, the case is set for hearing.

"If the court finds the juvenile within the purview of the Juvenile Corrections Act at the conclusion of the hearing or by the juvenile's own admission, the court proceeds to make disposition.

"The court has a number of alternatives in making disposition. Briefly, they are:
  • dismissing the case after counseling by the judge or probation officer;
  • continuing the case for a specific action (such as paying restitution) to be completed by the juvenile and then dismissing the charges;
  • completing short- or long-term counseling;
  • referring the defendant for psychological or psychiatric evaluation and treatment;
  • completing probation in which the child is allowed to remain at home, subject to supervision by the court; or commitment to a juvenile detention facility for a period of 30 days or less; or referral of the child and/or his/her family to another community agency;
  • committing the juvenile to the Department of Juvenile Corrections which could place the juvenile at the Juvenile Corrections Center or, in some cases, the State Mental Hospital.
"In felony or more serious misdemeanor cases, the court may transfer the case to the district court to be processed under adult criminal law. Under Idaho Code, the juvenile must be at least 14 years of age to be tried as an adult."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

I don't see a date on this, so it may not be current. Still, it appears the judge (not a jury, & therefore there's no point to petitioning for a change of venue. The judge presumably is sufficiently in control of him or herself as to discount media accounts of the case & so on.) has a lot of latitude in disposition of the case. Even transferring the case to adult criminal law is only applicable to 14-year-olds. But such a referral would remove a lot of the protections afforded to juveniles in the juvenile justice system.

I think that's normally the case - the JJ system doesn't normally handle felonies, TMK. & we're still @ the point that proceedings are sealed. The details of the case(s) may never be known to the public. Also interesting, the JJ system in Idaho does not initiate cases - those are referred in, typically by law enforcement, reviewed by the prosecuting attorney for whether they're chargeable, & then the JJ court gets the case.
Good information, however, there may be concern for all involved, where as, safety and privacy matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies