Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 03:30 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Well here's one in print: Teen appears to have sex with multiple boys in school bathroom | New York Post

Investigate that one, it'll blow your hair back. For reasons I've state it won't make thread material on c-d. It makes me sick too. Made me sick to read about the man who threw acid in his girlfriends face. I can find all kinds o sick crap that makes news print. The majority of them have absolutely nothing to do with a person of Muslim faith.

Also, we are to help others before we help ourselves. It doesn't take money. It takes a whole lot of heart.

You would be wrong. It was posted within days of the incident and I agree, it is disturbing as well. Thankfully, it was not a 5 year old girl being stripped naked and urinated on by a couple of boys older than her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 03:33 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I can think of some different words to describe it.
I'm sure you could. Tell me, when the America was being "conquered" from the natives that live here, what words would you use to describe that, that had nothing to do with the Christian faith. Or maybe in your world, it did.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:34 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You would be wrong. It was posted within days of the incident and I agree, it is disturbing as well. Thankfully, it was not a 5 year old girl being stripped naked and urinated on by a couple of boys older than her.
Half the disturbing part about the Idaho assault is the denials by the media and people that it ever happened.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Islam hasn't grown because until recently we had smarter been bringing in more secular Muslims. Obama has changed that and we no longer filter them according to ability to integrate.

My fear is that many moderate mosques will be taken over by new comers who are fundamentalist, which is what happened in Europe. I am no problem with Muslims who can keep their private faith while integrating into a pluralistic society.
I was raised a fundamental Baptist, and every time I see the word used, 'integrate', brainwash comes to mind.

Did every America that has ancestry that goes back across the ocean suddenly loose their traditions over that past 50 years?

There are a lot of things I wish people would keep private; their faith isn't one of 'em.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:40 PM

4,796 posts, read 2,800,346 times
Default Is this normal juvenile justice procedure or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It took 3 weeks for this to be announced and the officials are more mad at the public than the boys. Most disturbing most people are siding with the boys and have said very little about the girl involved. Goes to show some in our society still thinks girls open doors to being touched inappropriately or raped.......she was 5 yrs old.

Why is the media and police hiding the Twin Falls rape story

In this case if the locals hadn't demanded answers we would still not know. It took 3 weeks for the story to come out and the family has been trying to move some where else instead of owning up. All the refugee center is worried about is losing money and now relocating a family. The lesson they are teaching the children do wrong and we will have a fundraiser and move to another part of the USA.
If all the involved are under age - then the juvenile court followed their normal procedure, TMK. The case is sealed, & all the details, evidence, even the names of the accused & the victim are sealed. If this is normal procedure - I don't know the specifics of Idaho juvenile law - then there's very little information that's going to come out of that court. Unless the accused or the victim (their parents or guardians, in this case, due to the age of the parties) give permission to disclose those details. Most newspapers won't publish the names of the victims in sexual assault cases - unless the victim (or parents or similar) gives consent.

Some of the coverage mentioned that the victim was developmentally challenged. If that's true, it makes the prosecution of whatever happened that much more of a slam-dunk.

If the objection is to the sealing of the case, the only real recourse I see is to change the controlling law. That's a tall order, & could easily take decades. The courts will respond to public pressure - but it takes a lot of public pressure, over the long haul, & a lot of politicking to put forth legislation & pursue it until it passes. Is the sealing of juvenile cases in Idaho controversial otherwise?

Relocating a family - if it's the family of one of the accused - isn't going to change or evade any charges against the accused. In the US, a mere change of address isn't going to discourage the courts & the criminal justice system (if they're involved) from pursuing the accused. & in fact, the family may not be able to move out of the reach of the local juvenile justice system without express permission from the juvenile judge trying the case (I assume that's what's happening. Or @ least, that an investigation is running to see if charges are warranted - & precisely what charges, & against whom, & so on.)

Old 06-24-2016, 03:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Total Nonsense. Jesus made a huge break from the orthodoxy of his time. HE is responsible for the very existence of Christianity. Paul spread the word.

As for the existence of Jesus... try explaining the existence of the New Testament without Him.
Simply not true. Paul is Christianity's founder. Jesus may have been an unorthodox Jew by challenging the stat quo...but he was a practicing Jew from everything i've gathered.

The New Testament isn't proof that this biblical Jesus actually existed. The Gospels don't match each other at all. Jesus didn't write the New Testament nor did he assemble the books to make it a complete work. These are nothing more than apocryphal stories put together by people who i've never heard of. I don't even know who wrote ANY of it.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
That's not the one about the girl that was a sex slave, rescued, but reverted back when confronted by the boys at her school. Sorry, my bad ... I thought it was that one.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
There is the video the boys took of the assault.
Good to know, but I still would like to wait for the official charges and the jury. It's just this thing with me, 'innocent until proven otherwise in a 'court of law'. I'm sure you understand, right?

Old 06-24-2016, 04:09 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I was raised a fundamental Baptist, and every time I see the word used, 'integrate', brainwash comes to mind.

Did every America that has ancestry that goes back across the ocean suddenly loose their traditions over that past 50 years?

There are a lot of things I wish people would keep private; their faith isn't one of 'em.
As long as they just proselytize and not do it at the force of a knife or gun. I have no problem with anyone practicing their faith, or even going door to door with the good news, as long as I have the option to politely turn them away.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:20 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I actually know this and this was also part of my fear........the glaring was like "what are you doing in our space with your f'n dog"......guess what it was college town!

I know I can feel the concern you feel for this little girl.........
If you're so concerned about the girl then kindly stop trying to derail the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies