Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 04:21 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
U.S. Citizens have a constitutional right to bear arms. Citizens of other countries don't have a constitutional right to settle in the United States.
Again totalling missing my point, what a shocker.

The point is you are taking an isolated story, never mind the pesky little detail that it may not have actually happened the way it has been portrayed, and making a blanket statement about an entire group. I can find 20 stories of idiot hand gun owner to your one story of Muslim immigrants committing rape. But that does not mean I can claim that all gun owners are idiots because they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 04:58 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
U.S. Citizens have a constitutional right to bear arms. Citizens of other countries don't have a constitutional right to settle in the United States.
Yes

Old 06-22-2016, 05:27 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I read the article. Looks to me like the authorities typical answer: Nothing to see here folks, move along, swamp gas from a weather balloon, nothing to worry about, ignore the man behind the curtain.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:09 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Here you go then:

UPDATED: Story of Syrian refugees raping Idaho girl is wrong, prosecutor says | Idaho Statesman

Maybe you folks should reconsider where you get your news from.
Yes the internet reports were wrong on one point. A 5 year old special needs girl wasn't sexually assaulted by Syrian refugees. She was sexually assaulted by Islamic refugees from Iraq and Sudan. Yet our lying news media tries to pretend the entire assault never happened. Had they done their jobs in the first place and reported the facts of the case, instead of trying to sweep it under the rug, internet sources wouldn't have been forced to bring it to the public eye. My local paper and TV station are complicit in this lie.

Any group that "sponsors" refugee importation, especially those parasites that take money for it, should bear both financial and criminal responsibility for any crimes committed by their charges.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 594 times
One poster was deleted from the Boise forum for posting about this saying it could change peoples views of Boise area. I posted one myself, so we will see if mine is deleted. It appears the Twin Falls County PD, and the admin are either liberals, or being instructed by the Justice Dept to keep this quiet.

Please PM me to talk further.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes...did you? No no, not just the parts you liked, but the fact that the original article has very little to do with reality.
What is false? How can these kids be being held in juvenile jail if the story is FAKE?

The 5 yr old is having a hard time dealing with this, but hey, keep believing this is a fake story!

You know what is worse, people are trying to say it was Native American boys, where is the outrage? Some people seem to work towards covering up the story, rather than help the little girl.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:10 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
I'm getting tired of ignorant prejudiced people trying to demonize all Muslims.

I know Muslims ... they are neighbors and friends.

I live in West Philadelphia which has a lot of Muslims, and I will assure you that the vast majority are good, polite, law abiding people. In fact the majority of the criminals we have to deal with here in West Philly aren't Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, or Muslim ... but raised in Christian homes.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:12 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

I live in West Philadelphia which has a lot of Muslims, and I will assure you that the vast majority are good, polite, law abiding people. In fact the majority of the criminals we have to deal with here in West Philly aren't Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, or Muslim ... but raised in Christian homes.
Yes vast majority are very good in the 57 Muslim majority countries as well.

Yet these countries are hell holes for Women, LGBT and Minoritites.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

It is a very very sad time in this country when bigots and prejudice seems to be totally acceptable to many, it's as if we have jumped back to 1950. And of course they are lead by the guy running for President.

This country was formed by immigrants, every single one of our ancestors faced the same sort of hate. They didn't necessarily "assimilate" as others claim Muslims arriving here must do. No they very much maintained their ethnic identity. These posters totally ignore places like "Little Italy", the pocket neighborhoods in all cities with high concentrations of Germans, Irish, etc as if they did not exist and that is plain ignorance. One walk through Astoria, Queens and you would think you were in Greece. Where these immigrants chastised for not assimilating? Yep, they sure were. The prejudice they felt was overwhelming. It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Now I already know the response, Greeks never shot up a night club. But again the vast majority of Muslims have NOT shot up a night club. So **** already about using the rare example to make a statement about an entire group of people.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Yes vast majority are very good in the 57 Muslim majority countries as well.

Yet these countries are hell holes for Women, LGBT and Minoritites.
Agreed. But point me to the section in the Constitution that says it's our duty to tell others in other nations how they must behave. I must have missed that day in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies