Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 08:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I love you too, just so you know and yes, there's a but coming. But ... this is an area where you and I will not see eye to eye.

First off as I understood poster southwest88 this story was debunked: UPDATED: Story of Syrian refugees raping Idaho girl is wrong, prosecutor says | Idaho Statesman

Secondly as I posted here #58 if it didn't say Muslim in it no one would be talking about it. .

It took 3 weeks for this to be announced and the officials are more mad at the public than the boys. Most disturbing most people are siding with the boys and have said very little about the girl involved. Goes to show some in our society still thinks girls open doors to being touched inappropriately or raped.......she was 5 yrs old.

Why is the media and police hiding the Twin Falls rape story

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If it didn't involve a supposed Muslim - the news wouldn't print it so no one would know about it - doesn't mean that we wouldn't be concerned. It makes me sick when I see the despicable things many youths do to other children, adults and animals.

There are times you can't help others until you help yourself.
In this case if the locals hadn't demanded answers we would still not know. It took 3 weeks for the story to come out and the family has been trying to move some where else instead of owning up. All the refugee center is worried about is losing money and now relocating a family. The lesson they are teaching the children do wrong and we will have a fundraiser and move to another part of the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 08:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
I love you too, just so you know and yes, there's a but coming. But ... this is an area where you and I will not see eye to eye.

First off as I understood poster southwest88 this story was debunked: UPDATED: Story of Syrian refugees raping Idaho girl is wrong, prosecutor says | Idaho Statesman

Secondly as I posted here #58 if it didn't say Muslim in it no one would be talking about it.

Final this is how I feel about immigration.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". Edmund Burke

The good men in that quote is our military serving in the ME that are there to help all people without a heart that is biased. If they can not do that, they don't need to be there.

The good men in that quote is America leading by way of examples in compassion. If America can not do that, then America needs to cease their leadership role.

You've read the Bible multiple times. You know as well I as I do that We reap, what We sow. If we sow a good seed we will reap its benefits. If we sow a bad seed, we get bupkis .
lmao..Another one who just believes what they are told. It happened but you obviously aren't bright enough to understand what the spin of the so called debunking is. The ONLY thing false about the story is that they weren't Syrian, one was Iraqi and I forget what the other one was. They were definitely ME refugees.

Quote:
The good men in that quote is our military serving in the ME that are there to help all people without a heart that is biased

ALL people? So killing ISIS and like is considered helping them to you? I would tend to agree that it IS helping them, but I doubt you do.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It took 3 weeks for this to be announced and the officials are more mad at the public than the boys. Most disturbing most people are siding with the boys and have said very little about the girl involved. Goes to show some in our society still thinks girls open doors to being touched inappropriately or raped.......she was 5 yrs old.
That's the prevailing mentality amongst certain people. The victim is always blamed & the perpetrator is always pitied.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..Another one who just believes what they are told. It happened but you obviously aren't bright enough to understand what the spin of the so called debunking is. The ONLY thing false about the story is that they weren't Syrian, one was Iraqi and I forget what the other one was. They were definitely ME refugees.

ALL people? So killing ISIS and like is considered helping them to you? I would tend to agree that it IS helping them, but I doubt you do.
Sudan was the other.

I think this just hits home with me.......a few months back I encountered a group of muslim men and never felt more uncomfortable. I had my son's dog with me and he started barking like crazy at these young men crossing the street........instead of walking like most people do to get across they walked real, real slow and glared at me and was talking about the stupid dog barking. I have to say my area has a lot of Hispanics and Asian people not once have those men made me uncomfortable they gladly hold the door open for women.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Sudan was the other.

I think this just hits home with me.......a few months back I encountered a group of muslim men and never felt more uncomfortable. I had my son's dog with me and he started barking like crazy at these young men crossing the street........instead of walking like most people do to get across they walked real, real slow and glared at me and was talking about the stupid dog barking. I have to say my area has a lot of Hispanics and Asian people not once have those men made me uncomfortable they gladly hold the door open for women.
They made YOU uncomfortable? Maybe it was your barking dog that was the problem. Do you know how annoying a barking dog is? Especially one that is "barking like crazy". No wonder they were glaring at you & talking about your dog barking. What do you expect really?

Old 06-24-2016, 08:49 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:

Islam is a faith.

I can think of some different words to describe it.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:52 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Quote:
Let me show you a better photo. Actually it isn't a photo, but I'm sure you can picture this in your mind.

A new estimate of the U.S. Muslim population | Pew Research Center

"There has been little net change in the size of the American Muslim population in recent years due to conversion. About one-in-five American Muslim adults were raised in a different faith or none at all. At the same time, a similar number of people who were raised Muslim no longer identify with the faith. About as many Americans become Muslim as leave Islam."

I could show you a photo of our military. Would you like to see one? I'm sure it would be one that would show their best side.

Islam is a faith. It has no color, no region, no particular ethnicity and it has been in America since the days of the first colonies that were settled some 300 years ago.

There are those that are helping to shape the ideals of those who would love to recreate America and other countries into their ideal government and they are not even aware they are doing it.
Islam hasn't grown because until recently we had smarter been bringing in more secular Muslims. Obama has changed that and we no longer filter them according to ability to integrate.

My fear is that many moderate mosques will be taken over by new comers who are fundamentalist, which is what happened in Europe. I am no problem with Muslims who can keep their private faith while integrating into a pluralistic society.

1,376 posts, read 1,312,759 times
Quote:
Sudan was the other.

Your dog sounds annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
They made YOU uncomfortable? Maybe it was your barking dog that was the problem. Do you know how annoying a barking dog is? Especially one that is "barking like crazy". No wonder they were glaring at you & talking about your dog barking. What do you expect really?
We were in a car......the dog seems to not care for certain men and when he doesn't like or is concerned he goes off. He is very protective. My dogs bark at other men, and they just keep going.....yes, I was alone, I am a woman and I was uncomfortable.

Why did they choose to walk real slow if it was the dog barking? Are you this way when women are alone and trying to cross the street?

Dogs bark grow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Your dog sounds annoying.
He is protective and does alert me when he feels something. Many men would love to have him we have been offered $500 for him.........so believe what you want, he is a great dog!

Old 06-24-2016, 08:53 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Agreed. I've been chased by dogs while jogging, so I know exactly what those men were feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies