U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:03 AM

11,504 posts, read 3,143,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You have already forgotten that Hillary couldn't even get nominated in '08. Her approval rating is still going down at 39%, and she is in real danger of being indicted and tried.
You have forgotten that Hillary's husband was disbarred for lying under oath, and was impeached.
You have forgotten that Hillary is still the only first lady in history to be ordered to testify before the senate.
No, the OP hasn't forgotten about these things, the OP just doesn't care.

Trump said he could walk out on 5th Avenue and shoot someone, and he still wouldn't lose support.

That goes at least tenfold for Hillary supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 05:05 AM

37,892 posts, read 14,756,648 times
The hypocrisy of this is email "scandal" is astounding.

There is no evidence whatsoever that government servers are secure. In fact, quite the opposite. So the argument that the private servers that she (and Collin Powell before her and Condi Rice's staff before him) used exposed our nation to national security risks that wouldn't have happened if she had used a government server is ludicrous on the face of it.

And if one were going to point out those whose actions had a negative effect on national security, let's start with Cheney and Bush and go from there.

We were attacked on their watch by Saudi business associates of Bush, and the the 28 page section of the Congressional Report on Saudi involvement is still under wraps.

Plus, the argument could be made that attacking Afghanistan and Iraq for no good reason has had a negative impact on our national security.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The hypocrisy of this is email "scandal" is astounding.

There is no evidence whatsoever that government servers are secure. In fact, quite the opposite. So the argument that the private servers that she (and Collin Powell before her and Condi Rice's staff before him) used exposed our nation to national security risks that wouldn't have happened if she had used a government server is ludicrous on the face of it.

And if one were going to point out those whose actions had a negative effect on national security, let's start with Cheney and Bush and go from there.

We were attacked on their watch by Saudi business associates of Bush, and the the 28 page section of the Congressional Report on Saudi involvement is still under wraps.

Plus, the argument could be made that attacking Afghanistan and Iraq for no good reason has had a negative impact on our national security.
Left out a phrase there. Did not mean to state that the Bush's Saudi business associates attacked us, but that the folks who attacked us were Saudi, supported by Saudi business associates of Bush's family which makes keeping the 28 page section of the Congressional Report on 9/11 under wraps rather suspicious.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:51 PM

13,054 posts, read 7,779,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I wish I shared your mindset and faith about this.

I worry that there won't be any recommendation at all, or if there is it will be too late.

I also worry that if there is a recommendation, Lynch won't indict and that Hillary's indoctrinated sheep supporters/voters won't care that the FBI recommended indictment....they will still vote for her.
When faced with the prospect of a Trump presidency, I'd vote for the "Devil in a blue dress, blue dress, blue dress, Devil with a blue dress on,..........bum......da bum............"

Old 06-24-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
When faced with the prospect of a Trump presidency, I'd vote for the "Devil in a blue dress, blue dress, blue dress, Devil with a blue dress on,..........bum......da bum............"
Exactly.

I'd like Al Franken and Amy Klobachur to be running the joint. But that's not our choice this time around.

Chances of the FBI/Justice Dept. indicting Hillary over this email business are fairly slim and as far as I can tell, the other "scandals" amount to little more than RWN talking points.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:34 PM

19,187 posts, read 14,950,488 times
And, the list continues to grow:

A Top Official Scheduled To Testify Against Hillary FOUND DEAD! Breaking News

Seriously, anyone willing to buck the Clintons is a winner in my book and very brave!

Old 06-29-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

A Top Official Scheduled To Testify Against Hillary FOUND DEAD! Breaking News

Seriously, anyone willing to buck the Clintons is a winner in my book and very brave!
Sweet Jesus.

"Ashe's corruption trial wasn't set to begin just days after his death, and he wasn't going to testify against Hillary Clinton."

This "claim stemmed from a single source: a blogger working under the nom de plume "Sorcha Faal" who publishes fabricated "news" accounts on the political conspiracy site whatdoesitmean.com."

"Ashe's cause of death was initially misreported as a heart attack, but subsequent news accounts attributed his demise to a weightlifting accident."

UN Official John Ashe Killed the Day Before He Was to Testify Against Hillary Clinton : snopes.com

Seriously, anyone who continues to believe these conspiracy theories thrown out by RWNs is delusional.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-29-2016 at 01:32 AM..

Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 AM

The Congressional hearings on Benghazi have ended. After two years and seven million dollars, Republicans still couldn't come up with anything other than carefully worded innuendoes and vague suspicions.

The email "scandal" hearings have been going on for over a year. Still no smoking gun and since Collin Powell used a private server before her, it's hard to imagine what possible charges are going to ever going to come out of this.

Republicans, bless their hearts, are grasping at straws.

Despite the Making America White Again campaign and voter suppression efforts, they are on the wrong side of demographics and the wrong side of history.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:44 AM

39,203 posts, read 40,587,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I worry that there won't be any recommendation at all, or if there is it will be too late.
There will be recommendation and I doubt it will go beyond the convention. That said the longer this goes the worse it is looking for her, if it goes beyond the convention I would suggest an indictment is very likely.

Quote:
I also worry that if there is a recommendation, Lynch won't indict and that Hillary's indoctrinated sheep supporters/voters won't care that the FBI recommended indictment....they will still vote for her.
I honestly don't see that happening and I don't see her getting elected if it does.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:52 AM

39,203 posts, read 40,587,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There is no evidence whatsoever that government servers are secure.
Government servers used for classified material are physically separated from the outside world. It can only be accessed with specific devices issued by the government. If you go into your office there is going to be one computer dedicated for this.

If you want an analogy here it would be like having a wired router in your house that is not connected to the internet, only machines connected to the router can communicate. Someone would have to come into your house and plug a computer into the router to access any of the other machines. In the governments case if that machine wasn't issued by them the router is going to reject it.

Quote:
So the argument that the private servers that she (and Collin Powell before her and Condi Rice's staff before him) used exposed our nation to national security risks that wouldn't have happened if she had used a government server is ludicrous on the face of it.
While it's unacceptable they were using a private account, gmail etc. There is significant difference because the private server gives Hillary physical access to the machine storing those documents, log files etc. I have a little more confidence in the tens of thousands of engineers at Google that one or two employed by Hillary. Lastly you are also comparing communications that can be counted on one hand to thousands sent and received by Clinton.

Last edited by thecoalman; 06-29-2016 at 05:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or