Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 06:29 PM

51,617 posts, read 25,673,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You're welcome.

I do not argue the fact that people should take advantage of any and all economic/tax opportunities, that is called capitalism. What I do object to, is when it is not applied equally to others (Republicans) who do it.

I have an old aunt who reports $45000. in investment income a year and, guess what?, she doesn't do any $650k speaking engagements a year.
If your old aunt has info that others want to hear, she too can charge for speeches. All sorts of people do.

Perhaps she can get in on the Paris Hilton and Kardashian gig of being paid to show up at parties. I read where Kim got paid to show up at her second to last wedding as well as at her own birthday party.

As for taking advantage of any and all economic/tax opportunities, not sure how that got into the discussion. Is that because Trump has filed bankruptcy several times, leaving others holding the bag? Or that he regularly stiffs contractors, waiters, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 06:31 PM

23,832 posts, read 14,958,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here's the deal. If you are holding an event where people pay big bucks to attend and you will get a bunch of people to sign up if you have speakers they want to hear, then you pay for the speakers they want to hear. If Guilliani is who they want to hear, then you pay his fee.
Thanks for the tutorial, but I haven't recently fallen from a turnip truck. ;-)

I was just surprised that anybody would care what Guliani had to say.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:16 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,786,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Shank,
Did ya forget Richard Scaife or omit him due to his deathbed conversion? He started this whole thing with his Clinton obsession. I was surprised to read he gave money to the Clinton Foundation. But, $100000 would be pocket change to him.

I honestly never heard of Richard Scaife. But isn't that how it usually goes? The instigator gets forgotten. I'm sure Bob Grant was not far behind him, though.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:24 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,786,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The FBI never convicted Al Capone of all of his crimes either that didn't make him a good, honest man. Hillary is hardly the first criminal the government had a hard time convicting.
Yes but Al Capone wasn't both a criminal and a government representative. The idea that an allegedly known criminal--- who is an accessory to murder no less-- has managed to both simultaneously serve in government and conduct a life of crime worthy of a gangster for over 30 years is insane on the face of it.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Thanks for the tutorial, but I haven't recently fallen from a turnip truck. ;-)

I was just surprised that anybody would care what Guliani had to say.
Some people are surprised a lot.

Others just continue to believe nonsense.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Yes but Al Capone wasn't both a criminal and a government representative. The idea that an allegedly known criminal--- who is an accessory to murder no less-- has managed to both simultaneously serve in government and conduct a life of crime worthy of a gangster for over 30 years is insane on the face of it.
Isn't it though.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:57 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,184,321 times
Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama were the best things to ever happen to right wing radio.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:42 PM

7,595 posts, read 8,645,828 times
British tabloid Daily Mail reported the birth of Chelsea Clinton's son with the title "Heir to the Throne"

Old 06-20-2016, 09:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A rather psychotic little screed.

I give it 1.8 on a 10 point scale.

I am surprised you gave it that much attention........Only a person holding the Woman Card would look the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No argument from me.
Seems the blame game runs deep in the Democrat party along with owning up to their own lies........seems living in reality as of today, is not their strong point.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:29 AM

7,178 posts, read 4,744,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
After 25+ years of Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Bob Grant, Mark Levin, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham and others attacking the Clinton's and trying to stop them by any means necessary, they are now faced with the prospect of watching them retake the presidency!

All those years trying every trick in the book to put the Clinton's away for good and nothing has stopped them!

And here they are again a hair's breathe away from the power of the presidency! And Trump is already getting clobbered out of the gate.

Aww man, that's gotta burn conservatives and ditto heads.

The Right Wing tears of unfathomable sadness on election night after such a long struggle to do away with the Clinton's will be titanic.

I mean, they failed. They failed miserably. They spent 25+ years on a crusade to take down the Clinton's and they failed miserably. The Clinton's are stronger than ever and about to reach the highest rung of American power for the second time!

I mean, Hillary is a demon to conservatives.

How does Rush Limbaugh not commit suicide after this? In his mind, after devoting his life to stopping the Clinton's he must see himself as a colossal loser.
All the pundits you have named have made a fortune off of the Clintons. If anything, they'll be back in the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies