Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 02:27 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And that provides them with deep insight in the readiness of F-16 squadrons in Italy - how?
See a few above. I'll just say again:

The CIA has become almost the 6th branch of the armed services. Info flows between socom and the CIA.

Actually, since 9-11 CIA special operators are inserted with socom units. The contractors were protecting CIA assets. Aviano is well known.

I'm not saying there was an administrative stand down order to the military. But the military did know the assets were under attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
And that provides them with deep insight in the readiness of F-16 squadrons in Italy - how?
As a note, I don't buy into conspiracy theories. I do buy into incompetence.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They were too busy looking for an excuse to make up.. they didn't want to send anyone , they wanted it to all go away, so they ignored it.. played it down as a demonstration that got out of hand.. if they had sent the planes that would tell us it WAS A TERRORIST ATTACK.. so they decided to take the casualties and blame a movie. all for politics.. so Obama would get into office again.
Sounds like the same reason they don't want to associate the Orlando shooter with Islam and Terrorism.

Remember, he did it cause he was a frustrated closet gay.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sounds like the same reason they don't want to associate the Orlando shooter with Islam and Terrorism.

Remember, he did it cause he was a frustrated closet gay.
The only quibble id have about calling Libya a terrorist attack is that it was in Libya, in the middle of a civil war.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:35 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
The only quibble id have about calling Libya a terrorist attack is that it was in Libya, in the middle of a civil war.
Not good Management from the top!

What kills me this was going on for few days and DOD/CIA /State Department had real time reporting on the ground as things went from Bad to Really Bad.

I hope some learns a lesson here.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
See a few above. I'll just say again:

The CIA has become almost the 6th branch of the armed services. Info flows between socom and the CIA.
That doesn't translate to one specific CIA operator having access to the operational readiness status of a specific airbase on a specific date for film-making purposes, and I suspect you know it. This sort of information isn't handed out unless there's an operational reason. ("We're making a cool film with Michael Bay" isn't it.)

We had these arguments after the attack. Then as now, contradictory ideas are forwarded, as long as they can make the administration look bad. Only now, we have had - what is it? - 7 committees turning every stone. And finding bupkis.

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I just finished watching 13 hours for the 2nd time to see if I missed something. All the support...air, marines and drone were ready to go and not one showed up. Only the POTUS could have issued such an order.

On the wrong side of right again.
Who ordered the Stand Down? Obviously Michael Bay.

NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
if i recall, there was no " stand down" order.
lol.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Not good Management from the top!
The top question though, CIA top? State department?

I really don't think the commanders in aviano would have just wrung their hands if they had any r.o.e. It was af drone after all.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
That doesn't translate to one specific CIA operator having access to the operational readiness status of a specific airbase on a specific date for film-making purposes, and I suspect you know it. This sort of information isn't handed out unless there's an operational reason. ("We're making a cool film with Michael Bay" isn't it.)

We had these arguments after the attack. Then as now, contradictory ideas are forwarded, as long as they can make the administration look bad. Only now, we have had - what is it? - 7 committees turning every stone. And finding bupkis.
I'm saying aviano had no r.o.e.

Now was that cia's fault? State department? Both.

Aviano knew what was going on. But no commander is going to unilaterally authorize air strikes on a sovereign country without said auth or predetermined r.o.e.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies