Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2016, 04:55 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The connection to the Video came from the CIA when the CIA within 24 hours of the attack were claiming the the events in Benghazi were inspired by the attack in Cairo. The attack in Cairo was linked to the video.
Repeat this all you want but it wasn't. It was a total Political lie due to elections being in 2 months.

No one ever believed it was about a video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 05:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
No, but they would have first hand knowledge of a stand down order, wouldn't they?...

"They" being the private security contractors at the CIA annex? No, why would they? They wouldn't know a damned thing unless the COS chose to tell them something. They aren't leadership, they wouldn't be sitting in on conference calls with Langley, they're not even .gov employees - they're just contractors.

I have been working as a contractor (not security) at DoD locations since 2009. Contractors are nearly 2nd-class citizens at government offices/installations.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:11 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Repeat this all you want but it wasn't. It was a total Political lie due to elections being in 2 months.

No one ever believed it was about a video.
The CIA changed the reason for the attack in September, you need to explain how that helped them in an election 2 months later.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am referring to the broad term of any skilled person who is to protect..

So, you call cops and other LEO "soldiers"? Interesting. Inaccurate and (intentionally?) misleading, but interesting.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:10 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, you call cops and other LEO "soldiers"? Interesting. Inaccurate and (intentionally?) misleading, but interesting.
Its always revealing when someone splits hairs about the person standing tall and protecting another person. Give us all a break to your "wisdom".

Old 06-30-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Its always revealing when someone splits hairs about the person standing tall and protecting another person. Give us all a break to your "wisdom".

It's not "splitting hairs". Killing uniformed military members has a different gravitas than killing security contractors like guys from Academi or other private firms. That's simply reality and I think Taratova knows that.

Do you call every "skilled person who is to protect" soldiers? I certainly don't.

But then, I don't call Airmen, Sailors or Marines "soldiers", either. Soldiers are in the Army. Period.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's not "splitting hairs". Killing uniformed military members has a different gravitas than killing security contractors like guys from Academi or other private firms. That's simply reality and I think Taratova knows that.

Do you call every "skilled person who is to protect" soldiers? I certainly don't.

But then, I don't call Airmen, Sailors or Marines "soldiers", either. Soldiers are in the Army. Period.
ok well we disagree then. they were men who acted without concern for their own safety to protect the lives of those people who could not protect themselves. To me that puts them above any defined term except heroic.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:39 AM

Back to the point of the thread. i posted it as it was very clear to me working in a field where people take orders and don't act without them that there was indeed a stand down order. We know for sure that the CIA station chief issues three to the Benghazi men to prevent them from going to assist Ambassador Stevens and his crew. What we don't have direct evidence of is a stand down which prevented forces from assisting. But we really do....dont we?.

The natural pattern when someone else is in dire need is to go help. It's automatic programmed into our DNA and when you add that to special forces these people GO. They don't wait and they are trained to react. In fact the whole entire system of rapid response IS to act. But in this case they did not. Two choices. Either they were told to stand down or they did not receive orders Either way the effect is the same. By default they were told not to go help.

Additionally the deployment was delayed due to the Dept. of State (Wild Girl Hillary) orders to change uniforms. For the purists here the source is Military.com

Benghazi Probe Finds Marines' Response Was Slowed by Uniform Changes | Military.com

There was an order, given or withheld or delayed which directly resulted in the deaths of innocent soldiers tasked with the responsibility of keeping our citizens alive.

And she actually has the gall to look in the camera and say "I take responsibility". The only reason she does so is because the orders came from the oval office. 203 days left.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:16 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Hannity and his dopey followers, Benghazi on the brain.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:20 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Someone mentioned this way back I believe. Who gave the order to stand down? Michael Bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies