U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:03 AM

66,250 posts, read 33,633,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So for about 2 weeks now there's been a real slump in the polls for the Orange One. Of course, it couldn't be anything he said or did. No, place the blame on others. Fire them. Listen to your daughter for political advice, not members of your own party. This man is not ready for prime time politics, let along the presidency.

Corey Lewandowski fired from Trump campaign - CNNPolitics.com

In all tracking polls(real time dial voting) taken during big events, the Independent vote overwhelmingly tracked with Republican tracking, of the event. That makes no sense, if Hillary is dogging "The Donald" in national polling. We have been told over and over that there are more Independents, than those that identify Democrat. And to be fair, more than identify Republican. (30D-30R-40I)

Then this being a strange war, where people are afraid to announce their support publicly(notice the lack of personal political yarn signage?) People do not want to be a target of violence or ridicule this election. They are keeping their vote close to their hearts.

One candidate has a lot of enthusiasm following them, spending very little money comparatively, and the other is having a hard time filling venues, if not for the paid attendees, spending 50x's more than the opponent....

This has been the weirdest election in my lifetime. The people voting have proved the establishment media projections wrong, each time in this cycle. You don't see that often, if ever. It is like for the first time, the media cannot control the message the establishment wants pushed. Are people seeing the lies and twisting of facts the media uses? Looks like it to me. No wonder they wanted the keys to the internet to control the message there. Even Twitter and Facebook, private companies that have a monopoly on the town squares soap box, have censor the messages for the establishment(greed & money buys silence.)

We have not seen this much hate on the political scene, since 1860.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 10:07 AM

We have not seen a nation this fractured and a centralized government leaning on the US Constitution, since the 1850's.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:08 AM

3,036 posts, read 1,701,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I think part of the problem is the perceived notion of what the "perfect" president should be. I understand public speaking is important, but does that make a president any better or worst? I suspect in real meetings as a businessman that wouldn't be much of an issue, unless of course he gets hot in the collar with some foreign national. Plus the media does it's thing with its paintbrush to the unsuspecting naive public who will believe almost anything without true research on their own.
There are no perfect human beings, only the best qualified. Trump seems bent on proving he is sub - human, much less qualified to lead this nation. May be that makes him qualified enough to be "business man" but that only brings a bad name to perfectly good and decent businessmen.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
There are no perfect human beings, only the best qualified. Trump seems bent on proving he is sub - human, much less qualified to lead this nation. May be that makes him qualified enough to be "business man" but that only brings a bad name to perfectly good and decent businessmen.

To be honest, most of us here are qualified to be President.

Qualifications for the Office of President

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
  • No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

On a side note: This is where citizen and person are used in defining terms... Thus the 2nd amendment means what it says, People
Thus the voting rights amendments means what they say. Citizen

Old 10-06-2016, 11:01 AM

4,995 posts, read 1,779,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The most important thing the Donald has accomplished is creation an extremely loyal group that agree with everything he says or suggests. Build a Great Wall of the Donald on the Mexican border? Great idea! Let's build two say his adherents. Stop all Islamic immigration? another Great idea! Deport all illegals and their citizen children? There is a winner!

These people have found their secular savior and will pay money to join him on his new cable channel to be formed during or after this campaign. Collecting a couple of hundred a year from 20 million devout followers is the goal of this campaign. The Donald parlayed a relatively few personal dollars and hoodwinked the press into building him a very profitable following. That following will make him a lot of money.

While he may be a terrible candidate for president he may just be the greatest shyster of all time.
That's all he ever wanted! A narcissist needs mirrors.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:06 AM

8,891 posts, read 5,050,749 times
Of course trump doing bad , the polls are ran by Hillary media

Old 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM

36,596 posts, read 16,002,497 times
Quote:
So for about 2 weeks now there's been a real slump in the polls for the Orange One. Of course, it couldn't be anything he said or did. No, place the blame on others. Fire them. Listen to your daughter for political advice, not members of your own party. This man is not ready for prime time politics, let along the presidency.

Corey Lewandowski fired from Trump campaign - CNNPolitics.com
"Thursday Oct 6
General Election: Trump vs. Clinton
LA Times/USC Tracking Clinton 43, Trump 47 Trump +4
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election 2016 Presidential Polls

Old 10-06-2016, 03:29 PM

20,369 posts, read 9,929,959 times
Quote:
He doesn't discuss many issues in any real depth.

All we know about his wall, for example, is that it's going to be "yuuuuuuuuge" and that the Mexicans are going to pay for it. Bull toddy. And it's deep.

When he debates Hillary, he'll be throwing insults while she discusses policy that he doesn't understand.

I think it's pretty clear that people aren't voting for Trump because he can discuss policy in depth.

The man is a buffoon. What does that say about the other candidate that people will actually vote for a buffoon over her?

I get what you're saying about Trump, but it's not exactly breaking news.

And people who defend him are just as bad as the people who turn their backs on the truth about her. Let's just be honest - we got what we deserve - the dregs.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:40 PM

45,657 posts, read 33,915,855 times
Both candidates have high unfavorable ratings.

I am not voting for either candidate.

I would not write Trump off

I live in a strong Republican area. No one is talking about the election. There are no yard signs.

Will people stay home?

Will they limit their vote to the down ticket?

Are they embarrassed to disclose they will vote against Trump or Hillary?

This election is unlike any other in modern history. Anything could happen.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:58 PM

41,505 posts, read 51,269,072 times
I am writhing for The Donald, weather or not he wins or looses the election, to set up his Always Trump Network and start using 50 million of Russian Mob investment to make ever more billions. I also expect this absurd idea to fall on its orange face after a couple of years. Then The Donald will see what it means to loose the Russian Mob a few million dollars. I believe they do not understand bankruptcy as we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or