U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:12 AM

43,367 posts, read 52,257,463 times

Advertisements

I hate lying liars.

Every time I've bought a gun, I redo a background check. Gun show. Stores. Private dealer. Every single time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 08:13 AM

33,046 posts, read 21,871,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Well who wants to open a grocery store in the hood, only to have it looted and burned to the ground every time some hood rat felon with an illegal gun decides to play chicken with the cops.

Sometimes people reap what they've sown.

bill

The perps certainly deserve to reap what they sow, but why should everyone else in the neighborhood have to reap what they did not sow?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:14 AM

33,046 posts, read 21,871,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I hate lying liars.

Every time I've bought a gun, I redo a background check. Gun show. Stores. Private dealer. Every single time.

sounds like government and gun dealers have a cozy and highly remunerative business here.

What would it cost to get a FFL? I imagine one could make a nice living ONLY DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS and never stocking or selling a single gun.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:29 AM

2,389 posts, read 1,685,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The perps certainly deserve to reap what they sow, but why should everyone else in the neighborhood have to reap what they did not sow?
The perp is dead, His fellow hood dwellers declare him a saint, about to turn his life around.
They then protest/riot and burn down the business in there own neighborhood, Who the hell wants to rebuild there knowing all there hard work will go up in flames the next time some POS pulls a gun on the cops?

bill

Old 10-04-2016, 08:47 AM

27,052 posts, read 17,422,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This. How does one forget about such a charge? Was he drunk when he tried to buy? That would get him refused too.
Do you think the executive branch will do it's job and enforce federal gun laws?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Guns are certainly easier to buy than vegetables in food deserts.
And books...in the words of some mental deficients.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:48 AM

32,506 posts, read 13,710,559 times
Quote:
That is exactly what the dealer did, err on the side of caution.
Sounds more like he disqualified him for being a writer, I don't see that there was any violation.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
sounds like government and gun dealers have a cozy and highly remunerative business here.

What would it cost to get a FFL? I imagine one could make a nice living ONLY DOING BACKGROUND CHECKS and never stocking or selling a single gun.
Not allowed-or at least severely restricted in the last couple of decades. It used to be easy and affordable for a law abiding person to get a FFL and be able to do background checks. Worked out well for those that bought a few guns for themselves or friends, they could sell from their living room. Now, FFLs are expensive and IIRC you are required to have a brick and mortar store dedicated to the business.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:55 AM

Mr. Steinburg tried to allege that wasn’t the real reason. According to him it was because, “they knew I planned to immediately sell it back to them.
He further complains that people who have yet to commit a crime, unlike him, are able to buy guns. “Would-be terrorists can buy guns…But reporters . . . that’s a different story.”

So, did he answer on the 4473 line 11a that he was buying the gun for himself? If so, and if he planned to "immediately sell it back to them"....guess what? Federal Felony dude.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:59 AM

65,932 posts, read 33,398,656 times
The only requirement under the constitution needed, is that one be a person. Other than that, there is no authority for anything government, to infringe on the ability to obtain arms.

It was unconstitutional, to deny this person arms, by government restrictions. Now, this gun dealer can refuse to sell arms to who ever he wishes.

The Redcoats were not selling guns to the patriots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies