Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 12:51 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,213,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
No it's not irrelevant. As I stated, if the kid was a muslim our dear leader would have invited him to the white house. The kid could sue the district and win.
Probably not actually. The pop-tart kid was actually suspended for entirely different reason than what most stories are suggesting. His continual misbehavior, which culminated in him waving a gun shaped pop-tart and shouting about it, is why he was suspended.

The clock kid was suspended because a teacher thought he had a bomb, which was in fact definitely not a bomb. Was it racist? I don't care. The suspension should have been reversed and the story never should have happened. Since the school handled it bad and people reacted the way they did, Obama did his job as president which is pretending to give a **** about stuff like this. A president has better things to do than meet with a 14 year old or throw the first pitch a Red Sox game. But the president is a figurehead, and when the members of his party felt the boy was a victim of racism, Obama did what he had to do.

Again, if you wanted to say the various slants on the media create dishonest understandings of reality, I'd love to have that discussion. That's a discussion that matters. But you're just going the "Muslims are taking over and Obama sucks" route which is irrelevant to the topic at hand, and frankly, is a conversation that's been had enough. There are plenty of thread about what you want to talk about. Get out of this one and go to those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 12:54 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
"Muslims are taking over and Obama sucks"
There you go putting words into my mouth again. I will agree with what YOU said though, obama sucks.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:12 PM

3,491 posts, read 3,112,375 times
Quote:
Probably not actually. The pop-tart kid was actually suspended for entirely different reason than what most stories are suggesting. His continual misbehavior, which culminated in him waving a gun shaped pop-tart and shouting about it, is why he was suspended.

The clock kid was suspended because a teacher thought he had a bomb, which was in fact definitely not a bomb. Was it racist? I don't care. The suspension should have been reversed and the story never should have happened. Since the school handled it bad and people reacted the way they did, Obama did his job as president which is pretending to give a **** about stuff like this. A president has better things to do than meet with a 14 year old or throw the first pitch a Red Sox game. But the president is a figurehead, and when the members of his party felt the boy was a victim of racism, Obama did what he had to do.

Again, if you wanted to say the various slants on the media create dishonest understandings of reality, I'd love to have that discussion. That's a discussion that matters. But you're just going the "Muslims are taking over and Obama sucks" route which is irrelevant to the topic at hand, and frankly, is a conversation that's been had enough. There are plenty of thread about what you want to talk about. Get out of this one and go to those.
Don't get me wrong, the clock kid is a knucklehead too, but sadly, the media (both conservative and liberal) played into his little stunt.
But nobody, and I mean NOBODY can possibly believe that the teachers thought for one second that the clock was actually a bomb, since not only did they not evacuate the school, they didn't remove the suspected "bomb" from it either.
I think Obama is alright, but clock boy is one of the times I wish Obama had just kept his yap shut.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:20 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,554,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
So, you feel that clock boy should be held responsible for the fact that his sister was disruptive, but you think pop tart boy shouldn't be help responsible for the fact that he himself was disruptive?
That's pretty odd.
Both deserve the same treatment, was my point. Except one was serenaded at the White House.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:40 PM

19,753 posts, read 11,990,497 times
Quote:

Clock boy had been warned repeatedly by his teachers to keep it in his locker. He was looking for a reaction.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,213,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Don't get me wrong, the clock kid is a knucklehead too, but sadly, the media (both conservative and liberal) played into his little stunt.
But nobody, and I mean NOBODY can possibly believe that the teachers thought for one second that the clock was actually a bomb, since not only did they not evacuate the school, they didn't remove the suspected "bomb" from it either.
I think Obama is alright, but clock boy is one of the times I wish Obama had just kept his yap shut.
Yeah, I mean, I think it's stupid that Obama pretended to care (because I seriously doubt that he did; he's the president of the united states, one high schooler getting suspended for maybe not a great reason does not bother him). I get why he did it and all, but still. Waste of time.

And the whole thing was. I don't really care why he was suspended. It doesn't matter to me if it was racism as some people say, or a misunderstanding, or the kid was trying to get a reaction. No matter which it is, it wasn't a national news story and neither is pop-tart kid. People have been suspended from school for reasons far more stupid than either of them, and their parents don't turn it into a news story. Because no one cares why your stupid kid was suspended. It's not like suspension is the end of the world anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Clock boy had been warned repeatedly by his teachers to keep it in his locker. He was looking for a reaction.
If this is true then I'll tell him what I'd tell the pop-tart kid: stop being an ass.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,498,221 times
Of course it's become popular to take stories like this and compare them to the looseness going on in other areas of America. And I'm all for that because things have gotten ridiculous.

Having said that, this is a bad example. If this kid has been in trouble several times, as the article indicates, this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back - and who knows why? It's possible he did it, was told not to, and didn't listen....again....which makes the issue about disobedience and not at all about a pop tart gun.

I suspect there's far more to the story that the school can't reveal.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:54 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,921,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

This kind of stupidity will continue as long as liberals are running things. No common sense at all.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:16 PM

34,259 posts, read 19,257,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This kind of stupidity will continue as long as liberals are running things. No common sense at all.
Know how I know you have failed to read most of the responses? Go read them, it will become apparent.

Common sense would also include reading at least a post or two after the first one before replying.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:19 PM

8 posts, read 4,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Once a incident is done you can't clear your name just be a BETTER person do the RIGHTthing then AO won't ever know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies