U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2016, 02:31 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,885 posts, read 13,009,262 times
Reputation: 5211

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I'm pretty sure IED's are already banned.

I've answered this kind of objection multiple times in this thread. Please see my post a little further up.

Essentially, all other killing methods have been regulated and increased requirements for access put in place after attacks such as hijacking and bombs...e.g. Fertilizer is harder to obtain after OK City and its harder to board a plane after 9/11.

But it's not harder to get an AR-15 after numerous mass killings that employed them.

to make anfo is not hard at all, and the materials are not hard to get no matter what OKC did. getting ammonium nitrate is not as hard as you would think to buy. heck, anyone with a backyard can go out and buy a couple of tons of it.

try being a farmer or rancher and see how much fertilizer you have on hand, especially farmers.

instead of blaming the AR-15 for the mass murders, start blaming the criminals that are doing the killing, even if they happen to be islamic.

also, start making it easier for the law abiding to carry firearms if they want to do so, and get rid of murder zones also known as gun free zones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,767 posts, read 2,295,559 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
to make anfo is not hard at all, and the materials are not hard to get no matter what OKC did. getting ammonium nitrate is not as hard as you would think to buy. heck, anyone with a backyard can go out and buy a couple of tons of it.

try being a farmer or rancher and see how much fertilizer you have on hand, especially farmers.

instead of blaming the AR-15 for the mass murders, start blaming the criminals that are doing the killing, even if they happen to be islamic.

also, start making it easier for the law abiding to carry firearms if they want to do so, and get rid of murder zones also known as gun free zones.
Where do you think undocumented guns in the hands of criminals come from?

They come from formerly documented and legally purchased guns.

Dispensing more guns into society will only mean more guns for criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 7 days ago)
 
47,706 posts, read 45,328,902 times
Reputation: 15239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Where do you think undocumented guns in the hands of criminals come from?

They come from formerly documented and legally purchased guns.

Dispensing more guns into society will only mean more guns for criminals.
There is something else to be considered. If we ban guns, then gun smuggling will take place. Jamaica tried tightening up on gun access. Didn't work. Guns got smuggled in. Mexico has very restrictive gun control to the USA. Guns get smuggled into Mexico. Average citizen has a hard time getting a gun. Drug cartels have them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 02:48 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,885 posts, read 13,009,262 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Where do you think undocumented guns in the hands of criminals come from?

They come from formerly documented and legally purchased guns.

Dispensing more guns into society will only mean more guns for criminals.

they also come from the government, ever hear of fast and furious? ask obama about that.

want to make it harder for criminals to get firearms? then make the castle law nationwide, and make the law harsh for criminals found with firearms.

also make ccw require no permit and nationwide. we have no permit in Wy., and we have low crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
 
1,921 posts, read 1,242,067 times
Reputation: 5030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
It doesn't matter what people want...the facts are guns are the most common denominator in mass shootings, not Muslims.

How many times do I have to remind people of that?

A vote doesn't change the facts. You saying Muslims are the prime source of mass shootings, doesn't make it so.

Dude. Of course guns are present in all mass shootings. Because they are SHOOTINGS. With a GUN.


You can't use as an argument "mass shootings more often involve guns than Muslims" because you are defining your entire sample set to be SHOOTINGS. By definition, with guns.


You originally started with "mass killings", but then when people brought up mass killings that were perpetrated with things like bombs and planes, your argument against them was "but those weren't shootings!".


Well duh. That's like saying addition uses plus signs more often than minus signs. Yeah, smarty pants, it sure does.







Perhaps we should ban all bombs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 02:57 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,767 posts, read 2,295,559 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
they also come from the government, ever hear of fast and furious? ask obama about that.

want to make it harder for criminals to get firearms? then make the castle law nationwide, and make the law harsh for criminals found with firearms.

also make ccw require no permit and nationwide. we have no permit in Wy., and we have low crime.
There's no people in Wyoming. You're probably outnumbered by cattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 03:06 PM
 
Location: So California
8,509 posts, read 8,849,599 times
Reputation: 4612
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is something else to be considered. If we ban guns, then gun smuggling will take place. Jamaica tried tightening up on gun access. Didn't work. Guns got smuggled in. Mexico has very restrictive gun control to the USA. Guns get smuggled into Mexico. Average citizen has a hard time getting a gun. Drug cartels have them.

Exactly right! Lets legalize drugs (because we cant control them) and ban guns (because we think we can control them).......chicken **** liberals are bass ackward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 03:06 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,767 posts, read 2,295,559 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Dude. Of course guns are present in all mass shootings. Because they are SHOOTINGS. With a GUN.


You can't use as an argument "mass shootings more often involve guns than Muslims" because you are defining your entire sample set to be SHOOTINGS. By definition, with guns.


You originally started with "mass killings", but then when people brought up mass killings that were perpetrated with things like bombs and planes, your argument against them was "but those weren't shootings!".


Well duh. That's like saying addition uses plus signs more often than minus signs. Yeah, smarty pants, it sure does.
Yes but you are all forgetting that the Right Wing wants to ban Muslims and points to the latest shooting in Orlando as a reason.

Get it now? The Right is saying these shootings are grounds to ban Muslims. If they are going to point to shootings as an excuse to ban anything, let them take into account the gun variable, which is the more dominant variable.

If RPG's could be bought legally you would see more RPG's used in domestic mass killings. But they can't, so we don't.

In other words, "it's the weapon that counts, not the ideology of the perpetrator."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 03:13 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,767 posts, read 2,295,559 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is something else to be considered. If we ban guns, then gun smuggling will take place. Jamaica tried tightening up on gun access. Didn't work. Guns got smuggled in. Mexico has very restrictive gun control to the USA. Guns get smuggled into Mexico. Average citizen has a hard time getting a gun. Drug cartels have them.
Lol...good...let gun smuggling take place...Let potential criminals and mass shooters waste their time devising ways to smuggle in guns instead of planning and committing mass killings of civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,767 posts, read 2,295,559 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post







Perhaps we should ban all bombs.
It's already illegal for civilians to possess bombs. Good lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top