Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 05:38 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If they're too young to understand what the rainbow flag means, then they're too young to understand the video.

And what's wrong with it anyway? It's a positive message about self-acceptance. That's a problem?
I didn't have a problem with the video until that ass--le, who wants society to view her as a man, stood up to show that she was pregnant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 07:41 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
lol. They want people to accept them for "who they are", but they can't accept themselves for "what they are".

How messed up is that?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:15 AM

3,502 posts, read 3,133,840 times
Oh, cool. It's been over a week since Orlando. Good to see you're all feeling comfortable enough to start hating on those nasty gays again. Now things can get back to normal on City Data! Whew!

Old 06-22-2016, 08:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Oh, cool. It's been over a week since Orlando. Good to see you're all feeling comfortable enough to start hating on those nasty gays again. Now things can get back to normal on City Data! Whew!
Not falling in line and accepting everything pushed at you doesn't mean you HATE anyone. That's a real simple concept that everyone always misses. People can disagree with one another without hating each other. THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Old 06-22-2016, 08:11 PM

20,042 posts, read 20,839,727 times
I never had a problem with "these people" in the past.
Hell, I used to stick up for them and even had friends that lived the lifestyle.
But that was then. My opinion changed when they all became militant and shoving all their crap in my face all the time. I turn on the tv and it's all gay gay gay or lbgqtsv whatever all the time. And they're all pist off and angry all the time. Do what you do and blend in. Stop making an issue out of everything and constantly shoving it in my face. Nobody cares that you are gay anymore. Get over it. You can marry and have health benefits and all the goodies that straight people have. The war is over. Go home.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not falling in line and accepting everything pushed at you doesn't mean you HATE anyone. That's a real simple concept that everyone always misses. People can disagree with one another without hating each other. THE MORE YOU KNOW!
No one's pushing anything at you. It's your own problem if you're overly sensitive & take everything personally. Quit staring at people holding hands in public or kissing. Quit thinking about gay sex.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:44 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
They only had that little rainbow heart (or flag, I don't remember) for one day. They don't have it now.

I see nothing wrong with it. Agree with their life style (whatever that means) or not, there is nothing wrong to show sympathy and compassion towards your fellow human beings who lost lives.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:45 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
so what?

they're showing solidarity with the LGBT community. whoever is offended by this can go scratch.
What did the people of San Bernardino get? Remember those people were shot throwing a baby shower for the couple who shot them.....our leader went golfing, so why is this different?

NYPD has a rainbow police car........what did that cost us?

Old 06-23-2016, 09:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What did the people of San Bernardino get? Remember those people were shot throwing a baby shower for the couple who shot them.....our leader went golfing, so why is this different?

NYPD has a rainbow police car........what did that cost us?
They got a nation mourning for the victims. You got a problem with that? Tough.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I really don't care who wants to show support for whatever community when I'm looking for cat videos. But there IS no point in flying a rainbow beyond pushing an agenda and virtue signaling. Some people don't identify with the rainbow, surprisingly enough, and that won't change.

It's pretty obvious when companies pander but most people see this stuff and just think"awwws", which SHOULD be reserved for cat videos... but whatever.
Good point.......I prefer all of them to stay out of politics. I use to love watching Meryl Streep and Susan Sarandon.........their political rants has changed that. The only one I have forgiven is Cher.

awwws are also for goat videos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies