U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:12 AM

25,774 posts, read 38,955,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
This confirms what the investigators were saying about their suspected motivation for the attack.

Orlando shooter's alleged lover: It was revenge, not terrorism - POLITICO

Mick

Simply just as the murderer/killer claimed "ISIS devotion" and not like the lefties like it t be.

Keep your head in the sand and probably blame the cops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM

58,010 posts, read 40,738,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Conservatives recognize the lies of this administration, leftists do not. Liberals just barf up the lies of Obama and company again and again until they actually believe them. The truth hurts.
But NONE of the lies of their own crooked politicians whose feet they fawn at like good little lap dogs.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:13 AM

77,713 posts, read 33,130,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I'm not a big fan of Islam. I respect the cultural significance I just think most needs to modernize and quit blowing each other up. And guns are protected.
You can't make that argument by blowing them up.

Quote:
The finger pointing all over the place... 49 dead people and everyone is casting dispersion almost everywhere except the 100% responsible part: that a..hole. Who gives a rip if he was gay. If he was 'radicalized', it was right here off the world wide interweb.
It's going to happen again regardless of what all set him off.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:16 AM

58,010 posts, read 40,738,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't believe that this Muslim terrorist shot over 100 people because he got upset with his gay lover and I doubt Trump will buy that either. As we know, Muslim terrorist have been extremely brutal with gays. Does anyone have a similar incident where a gay male inflicted this kind of terror on the gay community because of an issue with their lover?

Does anyone have a similar incident of hijackers flying airliners into buildings prior to 9/11?

If not does that mean 9/11 didn't happen the way it did?

Are we to believe that every possible way nut jobs can inflict violence on others has already been done?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:19 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,534,266 times
Quote:
This confirms what the investigators were saying about their suspected motivation for the attack.

Mick
Yes, let's keep denying the reality that this was a Muslim terrorist attack motivated by Islamic jihad.

Calling it something else isn't going to help us deal with the problem. It's like referring to the Fort Hood massacre and others as, "workplace violence."

Old 06-22-2016, 11:27 AM

9,948 posts, read 6,841,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Uh huh. That's why he was frantically announcing all his ties to various terrorist groups rather than screaming "**** you, Miguel!!!" when storming in to shoot up the place, right?
Could he have done all that as an effort in subterfuge? Maybe he did not want his father and other relatives to know that he was gay....and living a double life. You know sometimes when you don't want people know that you are looking in one direction, you fiend to be looking in the opposite direction. Just sayin. Its possible that his supposed hatred of gays was to make his father and maybe others in his Muslim circles to not realize that he was gay. Hence, after the massacre his father would draw on his sons comments about hating gays and think that was his motivation, not knowing that his son was actually gay.

We live in a world of deception. You cannot always take things at face value.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:29 AM

2,767 posts, read 2,289,450 times
Perhaps Mateen attributed his attack to ISIS to hide his real motive?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:29 AM

6,742 posts, read 4,099,717 times
FYI, these theories aren't mutually exclusive. I could see a scenario where both factors were at play. He could've became radicalized as a means to "fix" his homosexuality. Maybe.

But, I'll step aside, so the typical juvenile name-calling between D's and R's can commence, because as we know, that solves a lot.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:31 AM

16,990 posts, read 20,573,796 times
Quote:

Mick

LOL. Do you believe everything the media tells you? Do you question anything? Do any critical thinking?

I guess if you were on the Titanic you would have played bridge as you were told the ship couldn't sink.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:32 AM

10,675 posts, read 13,601,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
FYI, these theories aren't mutually exclusive. I could see a scenario where both factors were at play. He could've became radicalized as a means to "fix" his homosexuality. Maybe.

But, I'll step aside, so the typical juvenile name-calling between D's and R's can commence, because as we know, that solves a lot.

My point exactly, but don't let your good sense and rational mind get in the way of a bunch of "politics as team sports" nitwits doing what they do every day here and on myriad of other internet forums and comments sections of news story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or