Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:01 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The problem with these types of threads is that I can't buy in because there is a good chance that I'm only getting one side of the story.

Same problem I have with the far left starting threads about Republicans.
Same here -- cannot find a legitimate Web site and you just KNOW there has to be at least two sides. That the only site pushing this is BB, that's just not enough cred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 01:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Same here -- cannot find a legitimate Web site and you just KNOW there has to be at least two sides. That the only site pushing this is BB, that's just not enough cred.

You couldn't find anything? How do you search?

College Republicans suspended for a year at UC Irvine after Milo Yiannopoulos uproar - Washington Times

https://www.change.org/p/university-...ge-republicans

College Republicans suspended by UC Irvine after hosting Milo

Old 06-22-2016, 01:14 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
Progressives are useful idiots....!

Old 06-22-2016, 01:24 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Same stuff. No local newspapers?

Old 06-22-2016, 01:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:

After this, I'm done doing your work for you.

Irvine News Blog | College Republicans suspended for a year by UCI after hosting a gay conservative speaker

Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Sadly with no pole of his own, he will go hungry again after eating the ample bounty of fish you have provided.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:12 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The only thing that was suspended was their privilege to book event space on campus. The club has not been suspended.

But don't let facts get in the way when ranting about liberals, lol. Y'all are amusing.
According to the article the club WAS suspended. But even if they weren't does that make this nonsense punishment any less petty, vindictive, juvenile and Stalinist?

No, it doesn't.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:17 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

They don't do any research, just believe what they have been told in their propaganda emails.

Quote:

LMAO....That goalpost looks great out in the parking lot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

That was too easy lol

Old 06-22-2016, 02:37 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,542,046 times
No surprise... UCI (and Irvine) has become an activist hot spot due to changes in the demographics over the past 30 years, and I'm sure Milo's opinions on "the group that must not be named" doesn't help.

In example, students protested a group watching a pro IDF film from Israel just a few weeks ago.

Anti-Israel protesters disrupt Israeli movie screening at UC Irvine - The Orange County Register

To be fair, the administration has condemned this although not sure if any suspensions will happen and the group involved are denying any wrong doing.

The first time I was even aware of this kind of activism at UCI, was a while back when I watched students making anti Israel posters while having lunch outdoors at the entertainment plaza across from the campus, and the group seemed pretty agitated. Of course it was their right to make the posters and yada yada, but it made me feel uneasy.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The only thing that was suspended was their privilege to book event space on campus. The club has not been suspended.

But don't let facts get in the way when ranting about liberals, lol. Y'all are amusing.
That makes the curtailment of speech they do not like on campus O.K.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies