Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 06:21 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's not the inanimate hunks of wood, it's the deranged people who are allowed to own them. But I know, I know, MUST NOT BE INFRINGED, even for the mentally ill or those on terrorist watch lists.

So I guess we just have to accept that we live in a country where deranged people must always be allowed their guns, and just wait for the next mass shooting.

Which should be along any day now.

No big deal. That's just life in America.

There were two just today. One was a drug deal shooting in DeKalb Co., GA. The other was in WA and appears to be drug related as well.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
It's not the inanimate hunks of wood, it's the deranged people who are allowed to own them. But I know, I know, MUST NOT BE INFRINGED, even for the mentally ill or those on terrorist watch lists.

So I guess we just have to accept that we live in a country where deranged people must always be allowed their guns, and just wait for the next mass shooting.

Which should be along any day now.

No big deal. That's just life in America.
How about if we put every kid who is on on "behavior drugs" (like Lanza, Holmes, Root) on a Terror watch list - of course we need to put their entire Family on that list also, in case the kiddos murder family and steal the guns. Does that work for you? How about if we let the Government Peek into everyone's browsing history to see if anyone looks at Islamic Terrorist websites? That would be helpful.

All of that good for you? I gotta be honest here - none of that is good for me, and yet it makes a lot more sense than this Nutty Idea that Guns have both Legs & Intentions and go into Schools,Theaters, Churches, Company Christmas Parties, Airplanes, Nightclubs, Army Bases, Art Shows, Subways, Navy Bases, Recruiting Centers ..... To shoot people.

But that's just me, I know many look at it differently. Many think the Evil Gun Can Walk & Shoot all by itself.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:31 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
A large percentage of mass shootings are related to gangs or street drugs.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
How about if we put every kid who is on on "behavior drugs" (like Lanza, Holmes, Root) on a Terror watch list - of course we need to put their entire Family on that list also, in case the kiddos murder family and steal the guns. Does that work for you? How about if we let the Government Peek into everyone's browsing history to see if anyone looks at Islamic Terrorist websites? That would be helpful.

All of that good for you? I gotta be honest here - none of that is good for me, and yet it makes a lot more sense than this Nutty Idea that Guns have both Legs & Intentions and go into Schools,Theaters, Churches, Company Christmas Parties, Airplanes, Nightclubs, Army Bases, Art Shows, Subways, Navy Bases, Recruiting Centers ..... To shoot people.

But that's just me, I know many look at it differently. Many think the Evil Gun Can Walk & Shoot all by itself.
More inanity. What part of "It's not the inanimate hunks of wood, it's the deranged people who are allowed to own them" did you miss?

Again, this is why we can't have a discussion about the problem of mass shootings in this country. Because this is the mentality that we're dealing with.

Once again for the slow posters on this thread, no one is blaming the inanimate object, only the many, many idiots wielding them, idiots who have no business owning them.

But I know, I know, their rights MUST NOT BE INFRINGED NO MATTER WHAT!

Old 06-22-2016, 06:41 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, I'd prefer to go in the opposite direction and make the background check instantaneous, or at least make it faster than three days.
I don't think that is possible, some FFL's in Alaska don't even have internet service. You can see from the Dylan Roof Case there was cross checking with the local courts and PD that takes time, 3 days is short.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:42 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
More inanity. What part of "It's not the inanimate hunks of wood, it's the deranged people who are allowed to own them" did you miss?

Again, this is why we can't have a discussion about the problem of mass shootings in this country. Because this is the mentality that we're dealing with.

Once again for the slow posters on this thread, no one is blaming the inanimate object, only the many, many idiots wielding them, idiots who have no business owning them.

You're right. Considering that the vast majority of mass shooters are Democrats or have strong Democrat leanings, maybe we should stop selling guns to anyone registered as a Democrat or known to be a liberal. After all, judging from the actions of Democrat leaders, we can assume that all Democrats lack common sense and should not have access to firearms.

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And the term "common sense" just reared its head. As repeatedly stated gun control advocates are devoid of common sense when it's related to firearms.
Does allowing someone to buy a gun but not fly on an airplane equate to common sense.

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

Again, the system is already in place.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:43 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think that is possible, some FFL's in Alaska don't even have internet service. You can see from the Dylan Roof Case there was cross checking with the local courts and PD that takes time, 3 days is short.
With increased funding it could be faster.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
With increased funding it could be faster.
Not necessarily. We have increased funding for the V.A. and it continues to get slower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies