Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:05 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
One thing is for sure. Bathrooms will be redesigned at great cost because of this idiocy. Either they will be small, one at a time or they will be much bigger with room for parents to accompany their child so they can keep an eye on them.
We've need more family bathrooms (one at a time) for a LONG time. Try taking a wheelchair bound person of the opposite sex into an ordinary bathroom with lines of stalls.

And smart parents have been accompanying their children into bathrooms for decades. Where have you been?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 08:08 AM

23,946 posts, read 15,052,675 times
My kids did not go to the restroom alone until they were old enough to vigorously object.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:11 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Holy cow. Now I know why people were pizzed. off.

Thanks, Pedro.
BTW, this was Houston's law. It went overboard. Many of the other bathroom laws did NOT include such nonsense.

The City Of Houston is actually fairly liberal; after all, it had an openly lesbian mayor. Had the HERO ordinance exempted bathrooms, it would have passed. the mayor and city council could have made the change, but they dug in their heels.

Personally, I think some of the motivation behind it was having a way to target businesses that weren't on the proper side of the PC aisle. We have many conservative businesses here that don't easily cave and can be outspoken. I can see how handy it would be to have an ordinance that would allow some groups to target them using perceived bias as a weapon. But that's just my opinion.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
One thing is for sure. Bathrooms will be redesigned at great cost because of this idiocy. Either they will be small, one at a time or they will be much bigger with room for parents to accompany their child so they can keep an eye on them.
Naw, just admit you didnt read your source article before writing the OP.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:18 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Really? Well alright then. Do you know if this was the only law like this? I mean, I'm sure there were others similar, but do you know how wide spread it was?
It is the only one I know worked this way. During the debate over it, many people reported that HERO was identical to similar laws in other cities. When I'd get people to specifically name a city and I could actually find the text of the law, it turned out to not be the same. However, I could not locate each one, and there were many such claims.

It could be that Houston's ordinance was unique in having such nonsense, but my suspicions are that others may have the same. I just don't know, but I do know about Houston's HERO.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:12 AM

15,858 posts, read 21,421,245 times
Thank you so much for supporting the eradication of men in society, PullMyFinger. You have perfectly illustrated why they are too dangerous to be in the presence of women and children.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,547,543 times
Quote:
So let's let these weirdo use whatever bathroom they want right? If he would have been partial to little girls he could have just put on a dress.

Maple Grove man accused of peeping on children
You do realize he's a MAN peeping at BOYS in the MEN'S bathroom, right? How do you even have the nerve to try to insert transgender into this thread? What an utter fail. Do you also realize that Peeping Tom's have been in existence since the beginning of time? Nothing. New. At. All. Nice try.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:29 AM

23,767 posts, read 29,021,972 times
I blame baseball and it's oppressive boredom

Old 06-23-2016, 09:31 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,547,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Lol. This is so true.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:34 AM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Now that's funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies