U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 01:59 PM

78,121 posts, read 33,293,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Reminds me of the time I called the police for a hit-and-run. A guy severely back-ended me and then actually got out of his car and ran away. I called the police. They arrived after a good while, took some notes. I tried to chat with them and mentioned, "I have a cousin who's a cop."

The officer said, "'Cop?' That's drug talk!" And next thing I knew, I was cuffed and stuffed into the back of their squad car. And I'd called them.

I had an uncle tell me long, long ago:

"The police are not looking for justice, they are looking for an arrest. If they find a reason to arrest you, you'll do as well as anyone else. The DA is not looking for justice either, he's looking for a conviction. If he finds something to convict you on, you'll do as well as anyone else."

This is the thing: The so-called "criminal justice system" is not a justice system. It's certainly not a system designed to protect you as a citizen or individual.

It's a system designed to maintain social order.
As we are seeing it is failing at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 02:01 PM

3,012 posts, read 1,658,847 times
IMO Hillary will get elected. Then she will appoint at least 2 to 3 left wing nuts onto the supreme court. Then some municipality will enact a gun law. It will go to the supreme court and then it will be ruled as constitutional. What I see happening is AR15 type rifles will be banned. Confiscated? It wouldn't surprise me. Then they will go after magazine capacity for pistols. Probably drop capacity to 8 rounds maximum. They will also get background checks for ammunition. This will cause a massive increase of the price. Don't be surprised if they go after the amount of guns that you are legally allowed own btw. While gun ownership has dropped the average amount of firearms per homes that have them stands at 8! That's an average. They will go after concealed carry laws. They will also enact a major monthly tax on FFL dealers. This will cause the price of firearms to go through the roof. The second amendment will be a shell of what it is now. What bothers me more than anything is that the Democrats scream for more laws. How about this novel idea? You have a ton of laws already on the books. Start enforcing them!!!

Old 07-20-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
IMO Hillary will get elected. Then she will appoint at least 2 to 3 left wing nuts onto the supreme court. Then some municipality will enact a gun law. It will go to the supreme court and then it will be ruled as constitutional. What I see happening is AR15 type rifles will be banned. Confiscated? It wouldn't surprise me. Then they will go after magazine capacity for pistols. Probably drop capacity to 8 rounds maximum. They will also get background checks for ammunition. This will cause a massive increase of the price. Don't be surprised if they go after the amount of guns that you are legally allowed own btw. While gun ownership has dropped the average amount of firearms per homes that have them stands at 8! That's an average. They will go after concealed carry laws. They will also enact a major monthly tax on FFL dealers. This will cause the price of firearms to go through the roof. The second amendment will be a shell of what it is now. What bothers me more than anything is that the Democrats scream for more laws. How about this novel idea? You have a ton of laws already on the books. Start enforcing them!!!
They will do what they usually do. Make laws to appease the masses but do nothing to enforce them because enforcement costs them votes.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:07 PM

3,012 posts, read 1,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They will do what they usually do. Make laws to appease the masses but do nothing to enforce them because enforcement costs them votes.
I actually bought several guns and ammo this year. IMO when she gets elected the price will skyrocket!!

Old 07-20-2016, 02:12 PM

9,435 posts, read 4,541,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So?
He should have been locked up a long time before.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I actually bought several guns and ammo this year. IMO when she gets elected the price will skyrocket!!
It might initially. It has done that a number of times under Obama but as you note.....you can still buy it.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:46 PM

66,215 posts, read 33,611,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
With his violent history, Sterling would most likely have hurt or killed someone the next time.

"What could happen" Has taken the most liberty of all.

I want to be held accountable for what did happen.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:49 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,715,212 times
Quote:
After all of that, and gun crime still occurs, they will continue the jihad on legal firearms until they are completely banned.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:58 PM

7,469 posts, read 4,229,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
After all of that, and gun crime still occurs, they will continue the jihad on legal firearms until they are completely banned.
Even then, crime will continue. (Especially considering all the defenseless victims.)

Old 07-20-2016, 03:07 PM

4,754 posts, read 1,999,616 times
what would work... given everyone Negan's bat from Walking Dead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies