Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 11:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I won't pass up this ONE chance to agree with you! A first I think, though extremists at both ends do tend to make progress difficult. Still, liberty is difficult to maintain, very difficult...

There is nothing extreme about the original words and intent of the Constitution.
It has been compromised enough already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 11:44 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, it's no honor among hood rats within the Black population. And there is something I know that you don't understand. These said hood rats aren't going to listen to anyone, whether it's a fellow Black person, or someone else. Truth is, violence and terror is all the average hood rat type really knows. They grow up with it in their home, in the neighborhood. They learn that terror keeps would-be criminals away. Many learn the attitude of "get him before he gets me".

Truth is, when it comes to children misbehaving, this is what I've noticed. There is a markedly higher use of corporal punishment within the Black population than any other population. Black comedians make jokes about "my mother beat me with an extension cable" or some other hard object. Somehow, the highest murder rate, imprisonment rate, and blue collar crime rates are within the Black population. Alot of men in prison got beaten as children.

Alot of crime is being committed by Black individuals. Blacks who commit crimes are also more likely to have the book thrown at them. Black men make up a majority in prison, and have high rates of recidivism. I also notice this. Black men are the #1 murder victim in America. However, when it comes to execution, people who murdered Whites make up the majority of those executed.

You might have plea bargaining taking place. However, you have alot of criminals who do the time, and then never learn anything.

There is something that needs to be addressed. For many, prison is looked at as "this is home, I can't function outside of it".

This is the thing. Those within the hood rat/underclass part of the Black population contribute to the majority of the problems documented in the Black population. Rest of the Black population is trying to flee the "hood" or has already fled from there. There are Black people who have escaped that culture, but can't have a hard time getting family members to break from such a dysfunctional culture.

Well put, and sadly mostly true. Imagine too how the under-privileged (including the rest of us), watch people very much privileged, take millions on Wall Street and the likes, by way of fraud and advantage, outside the purview of law enforcement, spending time on yachts rather than behind bars. Poor black folks, struggling with the choice of another crap job or crime, must just love how all that looks from where they are. Whites forever thinking the problem is them and their color. I can just hear them singing, "this land is my land, this land is your land..." with hand over heart while the police copter hovers overhead in search of that last drive-by shooter...

Old 08-12-2016, 11:48 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Suspend the civil rights of the people in those areas? Areas largely minority? What could possibly go wrong?
When it became the killing fields, they should give up their rights.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Why not impose martial law in the gang communities? They are like 3rd world countries. And yes, I have worked in central cities, many areas are completely controlled by gangs. Have armed guards patrolling in jeeps 24 hours a day. Make possession of a gun by a felon a mandatory 20 years. Gun murders, mandatory life or death penalty, for whites and blacks. Clean it up rather than blame gun owners.

Why pick on just the gun?!? Why not possession of a gun or knife or bat, since all weapons are the same, right?

Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Suspend the civil rights of the people in those areas? Areas largely minority? What could possibly go wrong?

Right up there with most the "thinking" expressed in this thread I think...

Old 08-12-2016, 11:52 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Why pick on just the gun?!? Why not possession of a gun or knife or bat, since all weapons are the same, right?
You are right. Put all killers away permanently, but this thread was about guns.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:56 AM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Well put, and sadly mostly true. Imagine too how the under-privileged (including the rest of us), watch people very much privileged, take millions on Wall Street and the likes, by way of fraud and advantage, outside the purview of law enforcement, spending time on yachts rather than behind bars. Poor black folks, struggling with the choice of another crap job or crime, must just love how all that looks from where they are. Whites forever thinking the problem is them and their color. I can just hear them singing, "this land is my land, this land is your land..." with hand over heart while the police copter hovers overhead in search of that last drive-by shooter...
Obviously, the wise move is to disarm the law abiding, oblivious white people. Why should they live peaceful lives. We need the lowest common denominator.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Distortion is putting it lightly, to what was intended and actually written and what has changed without amendment.
The 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, & 10th amendments have all been altered severely without amendment by the people and States approval.

It isn't what anyone thinks the Constitution "should say". It is what the text actually says.
It wasn't technical, with big words the people would be confused by and not clearly understand, like you wish all to believe. The Constitution and the words used are very easy to interpret as the intent written and the times & circumstance they lived in, when written. The words have never changed.
The only amendment that has ever been amended, was the only amendment that took liberty from the people.
What about the part that valued black men as less than white men? As just one example of how our founding fathers were also mere mortals and subject to mistake. If it were not for the fact that the founding fathers could not know what we know now, their words written back then might be considered as absolutely beyond question, as you suggest, but clearly, we are called upon to judge today as future generations will also be called upon to do.

Thomas Jefferson put it exactly right!

“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

How I wish our founding fathers could comment in this thread, help us out a bit with today's circumstances...

Old 08-12-2016, 11:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Obviously, the wise move is to disarm the law abiding, oblivious white people. Why should they live peaceful lives. We need the lowest common denominator.

This is the thinking behind, no child left behind.... They all got left behind.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:05 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Which incidents stand out in your mind.

(And it's "marshal", not "Marshall". I think George Catlett Marshall would be amused.)
Actually it is 'martial' but I wouldn't expect accuracy based on your posts which reveal an amazing level of ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies