U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 04:15 PM

5,941 posts, read 2,692,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
They just had a trial! This was specifically covered. You um....are you special? All they have on video is that the van ran one stop sign. The video from city camera's shows no rough ride, just the running of the stop sign. You know there was video, right?

Man....whew.

Of course they would show a video that showed a rough ride, if it was there. These are Police. They would not do anything wrong, like try to pass off a pocket knife as a "Switchblade" because they arrested Gray for no reason.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:30 PM

7,256 posts, read 3,011,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Nope. A Judge decides. They didn't dare hand it over to a Jury. Its a shame that his life means nothing to the establishment and some of the folks here. Regardless of who was at fault for his death, they had no reason to arrest him in the first place. If it was one of these posters that think Gray was just a thug and a nobody, that was arrested for no reason, and died from it, I am pretty sure your families would also want some kind of justice, and they would not be trying to make the "victim" the bad guy.
These street punks don't live in my universe. They spend their short lives looking over their shoulders, causing pain for their families and neighborhoods.
I was brought up with manners and respect for authority. My way is better.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:58 PM

14,271 posts, read 15,097,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
These street punks don't live in my universe. They spend their short lives looking over their shoulders, causing pain for their families and neighborhoods.
I was brought up with manners and respect for authority. My way is better.
This. None of my family members, friends and neighbors can relate to the thug life.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:36 PM

13,330 posts, read 6,988,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You can think the sun is pink in your world, too. There is no evidence to back up either claim.
The Latin phrase is res ipsa loquitur - the thing speaks for itself! This is a pretty good example of a case where that may apply.

However, res ipsa loquitur can apply only in tort law, not criminal law. In tort law, only preponderance of evidence is required to find in favor of a plaintiff. Freddie Gray's estate may have a pretty good case against the city.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:09 PM

25,823 posts, read 39,041,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
When will the idiots of Baltimore learn this stupid idiot of a DA needs to go. She is nothing but a black panther radical.
I'm so happy for the cops that justice is served. The prosecutor should be fired asap

Old 06-23-2016, 06:14 PM

25,823 posts, read 39,041,770 times
Quote:
Nope. A Judge decides. They didn't dare hand it over to a Jury. Its a shame that his life means nothing to the establishment and some of the folks here. Regardless of who was at fault for his death, they had no reason to arrest him in the first place. If it was one of these posters that think Gray was just a thug and a nobody, that was arrested for no reason, and died from it, I am pretty sure your families would also want some kind of justice, and they would not be trying to make the "victim" the bad guy.
The victims here are the cops for doing their job! Freddy Grey was not arrested for "nothing" and it wasn't the first time just being unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Old 06-23-2016, 06:27 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,287,274 times
Quote:
Of course they would show a video that showed a rough ride, if it was there. These are Police. They would not do anything wrong, like try to pass off a pocket knife as a "Switchblade" because they arrested Gray for no reason.
Boris, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that the knife he was carrying was illegal in Baltimore - where they have very, very strict weapons laws. You'd also know that Freddy Gray was a convicted heroin dealer. Not a heroin dealer who was framed by the police, but one who had pleaded guilty to dealing drugs. (Look it up - Maryland criminal records are accessible onlne.) And the reason he started running when he saw the cops was that he was in a park known for drug dealing.

There wasn't a video; there were forty-five minutes of videos from every street and business that the van passed. Not one of them showed the officer doing anything rough or sudden with the van.

You'd also know that the witness who gave the most exculpatory testimony was the other prisoner in the back of the simply van. And he was the prosecutor's witness.

If you hadn't pre-judged the event because the police and a black man were involved (much like the prosecutor did), you would see that an incompetent, immature States Attorney made irresponsible, public allegations against six cops who just went to work that day to protect the public. Then she overcharged them without sufficient evidence to prevail at trial. That is why the trial judge is systemically handing her butt to her in court.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:59 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,278,643 times
This is now the THIRD time the liberal media has been proven wrong after Trayvon and Ferguson. Once again, there was no police misconduct. The world is a better place without Freddie Gray, just like it is a better place without Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown.

The media and Obama should be blamed for fanning these racial divisions and instigating the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:00 PM

13,330 posts, read 6,988,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is now the THIRD time the liberal media has been proven wrong after Trayvon and Ferguson. Once again, there was no police misconduct. The world is a better place without Freddie Gray, just like it is a better place without Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown.

The media and Obama should be blamed for fanning these racial divisions and instigating the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore.
Trayvon & Mike Brown have nothing to do with the facts of this case.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:01 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,278,643 times
I also believe that like George Zimmerman and Darren Wilson, these cops shouldn't have been charged to begin with. There is no widespread police brutality in Baltimore. There is only widespread crime and drug abuse in Baltimore, same with Ferguson.

Maybe people are still too confused about Father's Day to riot. After all, it IS the most confusing day of the year in the ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or