U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 02:14 PM

22,563 posts, read 16,717,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Since I'm scared to cheat (online research) in Mrs. Three Wolves In Snow's class I will make an educated guess and say "all of them."

My father grew up avidly hunting and collecting guns and most of what I know about guns came from him, and I'm no gun expert. My gun knowledge mainly comes from speeches my father would give me as a child,

"Son I'm going to start you off with a bb gun so you can learn how to shoot, then I'll get you a pellet gun. Once you master the pellet gun I'm gonna get you a 410 shotgun, I'd get you a 20 gauge but I think its gonna have too much kick. Then when you master the 410 I'll get you a .22, but remember rifle bullets travel far and you can't shoot them like shotguns. And when your older you can handle all my guns, but if you touch them before I say your ready I'm gonna tan your as-."

Your post sure brought out some fond memories, thank you.
Chad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Using that vast information and knowledge, why not answer the mans question above.
First, I'm not a man, second, he did answer the question...see above. Didn't say which "all of them" he meant, although I assume he meant "standard semi automatic hunting rifle".

In which case, Chad, you were correct. All three of those are the same rifle. They are the Rutger Mini-14s.

However, since you base everything on looks, I'm confused how this:

is less "scary looking" than this:

Is it the shade of black? We can get it in pink if you would like.

Hello Kitty? Everyone loves Hello Kitty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Shotgun (a gun designed to shoot birds/fast moving small game)
Large caliber rifle (a gun designed to shoot big game)
Assault weapon (a gun designed to shoot human beings on a battlefield)

But today's republicans no longer understand the most basic principles of gun usage.
I'd say it's those who are trying to strip away the rights of law abiding gun owners who are not understanding the most basic principles.

Chad, our 2nd Amendment Rights were not written down for the purpose of protecting hunting. Our 2nd Amendment Rights were written down to be able to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. If the rifle that someone owns looks "scary" to a tyrannical government, that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 07:55 AM

7,233 posts, read 6,424,901 times
The globalists have gotten more bold with their agenda lately so it's nice to have an AR-15 with a few 30 round mags laying around...

some day they'll send in foreign "peacekeepers" to try to confiscate them.. likely well after the refugees they force feed us start becoming violent and they take our AR-15s away as a way to try to solve the problem they just created by force feeding them to us in the first place.

Their "diversity" is a planned agenda to strip us of our rights it seems and undermine any homogeneous low crime cultures.. they don't seem to want unity, they want division and conflict. They really think they are above us and they've let their wealth and power go to their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or