U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 03:10 PM

3,279 posts, read 6,581,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No. The biggest racists are those who think they are better than anyone simply because of their race.
Who are the gangbangers that inhabit the slums in your nearest major city? What do they look like?

Ever visit countries like Iceland, Singapore, and Japan and notice that there are NO slums and people walk freely in downtown areas at 11pm without a care in the world about their safety? I have. What do the people look like in those countries?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-24-2016 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: flaming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 03:17 PM

1,166 posts, read 549,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post
Did John Oliver help you with this super witty response? BOOM! ROASTED!

You should really look up the 1965 Immigration Act and it's consequences, as you probably have never heard of it. Ignorance is not always bliss.

Please enlighten me with your wisdom and tell me what the consequences of the 1965 Immigration Act were. I would love to get inside the mind of a person that thinks more white people will solve the country's problems like magical fairy dust.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 1 day ago)

47,620 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Who are the gangbangers that inhabit the slums in your nearest major city? What do they look like?

Ever visit countries like Iceland, Singapore, and Japan and notice that there are NO slums and people walk freely in downtown areas at 11pm without a care in the world about their safety? I have. What do the people look like in those countries?
I don't care what they look like.

Concept of racial equality is a farce to YOU. This is what I know. My Black neighbors aren't thugs. They aren't causing problems for me or my neighbors.

You've been to Iceland, Singapore, and Japan. So what? Why should I care? How does any of this apply to me?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-24-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 06-24-2016, 03:40 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,961,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Trump did conservative supporters a favor by luring these people out of the wood work who would otherwise skate by on coded language. It belonged to Native Americans. Rape and disease didn't exist here until whites brought it with them. I don't blame the whites today, I blame the ones that stole this country and brought my own ancestors here for slavery. This man as well as his followers that share the same beliefs are deranged.
Uh; even the American Indians came here at different times in history. Too, looking at their DNA, many "full bloods" are up to 30 percent "white" cause of mixing in Asia.

This is 2016 so what happened back in the day doesn't mean a thing except for history.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
What do you mean by work ethic? Are you saying that some "cultures" have an inherently better work ethic?

And yes your comments were offensive. You said that you believed that some races and cultures were superior to others. You also said that you wanted an open and honest discussion about "culture" so I am asking you to define what you mean and how you believe your culture is superior.
Some cultures DO have a better work ethic. Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Germans, Jamaican Blacks and so on. Others; nope.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Please enlighten me with your wisdom and tell me what the consequences of the 1965 Immigration Act were. I would love to get inside the mind of a person that thinks more white people will solve the country's problems like magical fairy dust.
Let's start with letting in more 3rd world people in from LatAm which has hurt especially American Black people the most IMHO.

It's def time to roll back the immigration laws to favor people from 1st world countries like most of Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, S Korea, Taiwan, Botswana and so on.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:49 PM

17,751 posts, read 15,598,944 times

Compared to Jeremiah Wright its a complete joke. Didn't see Obama denounce the scum that were supporting him either.

Hillary actually paid homage to KKK Mr Bird while Trump is supposed to denounce something he never avowed?

And BTW my mother's was Catholic and Slav and the KKK would have torn them to shreds. What you think you were the only target of these people?

That's the standard apparently.

Obama on the other hand :

Barack Obama -- Black Panthers And Barack Obama

The nice thing you lefties get what you deserve which is each other. You like to pretend you are not bigots while being the most bigoted among us. PC is the KKK of the 21st century. You attack each other mercilessly. We on the right believe good fences make good neighbors and mind our own business. We get along. You don't.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:57 PM

3,279 posts, read 6,581,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

You've been to Iceland, Singapore, and Japan. So what? Why should I care? How does any of this apply to me?
I saw maybe three or four token members of a certain group of people in those countries, and those were very clean, nice countries to visit where I felt safe everywhere I went and at any time of the day. There is a whole continent that is a hell hole which is full of the group of people I won't name because I guess that would make me a racist.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:08 PM

17,751 posts, read 15,598,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Trump did conservative supporters a favor by luring these people out of the wood work who would otherwise skate by on coded language. It belonged to Native Americans. Rape and disease didn't exist here until whites brought it with them. I don't blame the whites today, I blame the ones that stole this country and brought my own ancestors here for slavery. This man as well as his followers that share the same beliefs are deranged.
History via a Disney Cartoon. The Native Americans were in a state of constant war which is why Europeans found many native American allies. From the beginning, Cortes had an army composed mostly of the enemies of the Mexica like Totonacs, and the Tlaxcaltecas. The relations were strained because of the little human sacrifice thing they had going in their temples caked with human blood. What you are babbling is complete buffoonery.

What I would agree with is the Eurocentric view of the past was also bafoonery with cowboys and Indian movies in the 50s. Now this has been replaced by the equally absurd nobble savage myth. Please....

Blackhawk, Sauk and Fox leader was a good representation of what . He and his people were swindled by whites, and he and his people warred against them. However he also had many white friends and allies.

And Africans sold your ancestors into slavery first with 99% likelihood. Europeans could not go inland. It was a death sentence of disease. That purchased from the African slave markets run by Africans. My ancestors were also slaves. Its why we are called Slavs.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:30 PM

135 posts, read 63,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So you think there was no rape or disease in North America until white men arrived?

REALLY?

Have you ever studied the history of Native Americans? Rape, murder, kidnapping and human sacrifice were quite common. Some tribes tried to completely eliminate other tribes (what we call Genocide today). And there were plenty of diseases here long before Europeans arrived.

Good grief. Educate yourself.
LoL, so you gonna use the excuse "some tribes tried to completely eliminate other tribes" as a reason to get into the action too. So you think because Native tribes were fighting between themselves that makes it right for the white settlers to do it too. Smh, the tragic thing about history is that many writers of history books do their best to make us believe the conquerer is always right, the atrocities committed by the conquerer is hidden and the losers are the villain. The European settlers were undoubtedly the aggressors and annihilated the Native American population with their diseases and sophisticated artillery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies