U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 09:09 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,105,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, lets vote to leave the EU
I'm all for Texit. I would think the lefties would want Texit too since they hate Texas so much.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:15 AM

20,095 posts, read 12,054,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Agreed. I think it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. If the people of the UK lose their jobs and the economy tanks, the people of the US may not be so quick to embrace Trump and his isolationist rhetoric.

I think things are going to get bad --like a bitter divorce and heads will roll Brit style -- I also think it going to impact every nation associated -- turning my 401K into gold coins as we speak

Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 AM

20,612 posts, read 13,622,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Agreed. I think it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. If the people of the UK lose their jobs and the economy tanks, the people of the US may not be so quick to embrace Trump and his isolationist rhetoric.

It could be months or even years before the effects of Brexit ripple through the UK economy. Meanwhile back on the ranch the US POTUS elections are in about five months.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:12 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,939,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I am stunned -- S T U N N E D -- that the vote would go this way especially after Bucko Bama's teleprompter reading warning them they would be "back of the queue" for US trade if they voted to leave

/s.

The people have spoken.
I would argue that Obama going over there, a foreign President, and doing his finger wagging chastising that he loves to do is most likely what pushed the LEAVES to a win.

How would Americans respond if Cameron came over here and told us "ya'll (remember Obama used a strictly English term (queue)) will be at the back of the line if you don't do as I say"

Talk about arrogance on display. Brit's were like "who the fk are you to tell us what we should or shouldn't do" ... and now we see he was covering Cameron's back and nothing more.

Yes the people have spoken and they told Obama and Cameron (in that order) to take a hike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
It could be months or even years before the effects of Brexit ripple through the UK economy. Meanwhile back on the ranch the US POTUS elections are in about five months.
This is really bad for the establishment globalists, which Hillary is firmly a part of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think things are going to get bad --like a bitter divorce and heads will roll Brit style -- I also think it going to impact every nation associated -- turning my 401K into gold coins as we speak
You are most likely right. Keep in mind that there is another referendum vote coming up for... Greece? 65% of France hate the EU, as do at least a few more countries including Sweden.

We could be witnessing the end of the EU

Old 06-24-2016, 03:00 PM

9,909 posts, read 9,283,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I'm all for Texit. I would think the lefties would want Texit too since they hate Texas so much.
Brexit success has probably fired up the Texit movement.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:58 PM

78,222 posts, read 33,331,609 times
LOL

Americans Confused By System Of Government In Which Leader Would Resign After Making Terrible Decision - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

If only.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:58 PM

19,739 posts, read 14,167,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Here is the key quote from Cameron, where he announces his resignation.
It's the smart move. Cameron has many things, including integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Their exit is going to be complicated, let's see who wants to be in charge of this mess.
It's only complicated if EU-member States make it so. Remember that the EU was first and foremost a customs union, before it started getting stupid. There's no reason why Britain can't simply exit the political framework and remain in the customs union.

Norway and Switzerland do quite well, and neither are EU-member States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Good riddance. EU now can subsidize Scotland and Ireland. These two countries have been subsidizing by England. Just do some googling please for facts.
Scotland and Northern Ireland -- who voted heavily to remain in the EU, are calling for referendums. The Scots are looking for independence to rejoin the EU, and Northern Ireland wants to unite with Ireland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or