Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 08:36 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In criticizing them for being selfish, you're sounding pretty selfish yourself.
You and I usually disagree but I've already supplied the evidence. He's entitled to his opinion even if it's wrong. I wouldn't waste your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 08:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Seacove I've notice that you have tried to hijack threads. Please check the thread's title. If you want to talk Medicare it's under Retirement.
I did not hijack threads in the least. I responded to you when you introduced Obamacare as a welfare program by highlighting that entitlements such as Medicare are also welfare programs. That's not hijacking, that's simply giving you a comparison. I said I would be happy to end Obamacare as soon as we end the overages we are paying for seniors beyond their contribution. That is welfare too. I'm not using either benefit.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:57 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Contract? No contract. Where's the contract for Medicare Part D? It was completely unfunded. I have no problem with people getting what they paid in. But as you can see here, people are getting hundreds of thousands of dollars more in benefits than they put in and I'm paying for it.
I'm talking about the moral contract, but clearly you don't understand that.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm talking about the moral contract, but clearly you don't understand that.
Where is the moral contract that says one segment of the population is more deserving than another? Where is the moral contract that says seniors get expensive medications for a pittance using my tax dollars but a poor working family does not deserve any health coverage whatsoever and should be insulted for even needing it? When the OP calls Obamacare welfare, where a large segment of the beneficiaries are paying for their insurance, how is that different than Medicare recipients that paid into the system? In both cases, I the taxpayer am paying the difference for them. You want to get rid of Obamacare? Fine, let's roll out Paul Ryan's coupon plan for seniors at the same time. All or nothing. No one group better than the other. When seniors are armed with nothing more than a coupon, maybe they will look more kindly toward those poor families on Obamacare.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:38 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Would you please show me where I said this? "When the OP calls Obamacare welfare"

Old 06-26-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Would you please show me where I said this? "When the OP calls Obamacare welfare"
Of course.

Quote:
And the 4th pillar of the post WWII economic dominion just left town with Brexit. Obama can't even protect our country let alone stand on any accomplishments. Fixing the 2008 recession? He didn't even get the memo. Obamacare? An unmitigated social welfare program to help those who would not or could not work the new cash cow for insurance companies. Keep it coming'.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:45 PM

Thanks. Perhaps we could focus on my point about the administration's failure to deal with that and many other problems in our country and the fact they were deceptive on this and those other issues. Or would you like to debate welfare medicare and social programs on the other forum>?

Old 06-26-2016, 09:46 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
This should not surprise any of us still it's staggering the lengths they will go:

1) The AG states they don't know where the Orlando killer's wife is. Really?

2) Kerry states that refugees are not more dangerous than the average guy despite warnings from CIA and United States statistics on crime.

3) The AG states the peace and love are the answer to terrorism. While considering civil rights charges against the Baltimore cops who have been acquitted of Freddy Gray's death.

4) SCOTUS rules against the administration and says NO to more and more people coming into our country who have no right to be here and take advantage even pride in being illegally here.

Obama was always an experiment. I am finally pleased to see his beliefs in full view.

All the pretty words, all the touting of a "black" president (bfd) all the niceties but here we see him, his real agenda, how he feels as he loves the sound of the "call to prayer" he heard as a boy. He says he loves this country but I don't think he has the faintest idea in his stomach of who Americans are. Yah, blah blah blah right? But anyone who wants to see him really my countrymen actions speak louder than words.

Honestly I didn't really much look or care when he was elected. But now we se him and his legions full face trying to change the USA into a caliphate of another philosophy. Wake me up when January comes 'round. Good riddance.
Not a darn thing wrong with your post.

But in the future he will be remembered as "The Greatest President Ever" and his political accomplishments will be taught to every little boy and girl far and wide. They will be encouraged to believe that there is another Obama-like Messiah out there, and that he will be Black and he will finish the job that St Obama began.
Little children will be taught that the evil White people forced Obama out of office when he was only partially finished with the Remaking of America, and that if He (Obama, with a capital H) had been allowed to finish, then all the world's ills would have been solved.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:47 PM

As in this case the administration lied. Now the difference is we have the real chance to see through the hidden agenda (black over white, muslim over American) and reject it.

Obamacare Architect: Yeah, We Lied to The "Stupid" American People to Get It Passed - Katie Pavlich

Old 06-26-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Not a darn thing wrong with your post.

But in the future he will be remembered as "The Greatest President Ever" and his political accomplishments will be taught to every little boy and girl far and wide. They will be encouraged to believe that there is another Obama-like Messiah out there, and that he will be Black and he will finish the job that St Obama began.
Little children will be taught that the evil White people forced Obama out of office when he was only partially finished with the Remaking of America, and that if He (Obama, with a capital H) had been allowed to finish, then all the world's ills would have been solved.
Time will tell won't it? I see a division of realities black and white only with the uneducated components of those races. For millions more they see reality and the dysfunction. Barack Obama will be relegated to the back pages as failing in the middle east, negotiating away Israel's rights and supporting the lunatic fringe of the black lives matter movement. (imho)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies