U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 12:15 PM

135 posts, read 63,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
How strange that anyone would think a Twitter hashtag is the Texas Government.
I guess this must be the mandatory Bash Texas thread.
I apologize: In no way it was meant to get bash, just a discussion about Texas wanting to secede from the US and it's a possibility Texans can vote for their state to secede in 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 12:22 PM

21,979 posts, read 10,235,884 times
The movement makes it clear that Texans have never been true Americans or dedicated to this country.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:26 PM

18,029 posts, read 11,019,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The movement makes it clear that Texans have never been true Americans or dedicated to this country.
And it's so boringly predictable. You could guarantee that after the Brexit vote, Texas would make the threats again. I would love it if President Obama requested funds to have Texas take a vote or have the country vote them off.

Tell Texas Governor Jade Helm it's no problem, we'll pay for the vote for you.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:36 PM

4,766 posts, read 1,608,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I hope the movement grows
Anyone who thinks the criminal cabal in DC has their best intrests in mind hasn't paid attention, well...ever.
Smaller closer govt is better, no govt is best.
Yes yes yes

Old 06-25-2016, 01:23 PM

49,845 posts, read 26,436,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The whole term "Hill Country" makes me laugh. When you live between the Cascades and the Olympics, "hill country" sounds funny. Happy trails Texas!

Some yes but not as much as you think and far less that many, maybe most states.

Here we go, we are #36 https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/
as I thought. Texas is #29. Naturally it's the south that leads the pack.
Texas actually has some pretty steep grades out in Big Bend, but I get your point.

I'm in southeastern Arizona...very mountainous part of the state so I can relate.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:54 PM

21,321 posts, read 14,237,222 times
There are a lot of good people in Texas, they should be duly compensated if Texas secedes and given moving expenses if they ask for them.

All the redneck, fire and brimstone, George W. Bush supporting morons are free to go and I'm pretty sure a lot of Americans really don't care if they leave. The Cowboys will no longer be "America's Team", that title goes to the Green Bay Packers.

Good luck, Texas!

Old 06-25-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There are a lot of good people in Texas, they should be duly compensated if Texas secedes and given moving expenses if they ask for them.

All the redneck, fire and brimstone, George W. Bush supporting morons are free to go and I'm pretty sure a lot of Americans really don't care if they leave. The Cowboys will no longer be "America's Team", that title goes to the Green Bay Packers.

Good luck, Texas!
I'm not paying for Texans to move to the U.S. I'm trying to keep them from moving to my state, why would I pay for their move? That would be insane.

264004 TEXANS HAVE ALREADY PLEDGED THEIR VOTE FOR TEXAS INDEPENDENCE!

http://www.thetnm.org/vote

Old 06-25-2016, 01:58 PM

3,279 posts, read 6,572,728 times
Texas secession has been talked about forever. It will never happen, but it's fun to think about.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:01 PM

21,321 posts, read 14,237,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm not paying for Texans to move to the U.S. I'm trying to keep them from moving to my state, why would I pay for their move? That would be insane.

264004 TEXANS HAVE ALREADY PLEDGED THEIR VOTE FOR TEXAS INDEPENDENCE!

Pledge Your Vote For Texas Independence
I don't think you understand what I'm saying: If Texans are smart enough to reject secession and leave on their own free will, they should be compensated by the Free State of Texas for the adjustment and cost of moving to the United States.

Like everything else, they will have to go through the normal immigration rules (fast tracked, of course) and your state can choose to limit the number of Texans moving into it if they choose.

In this fashion you will see fewer residents moving in from Texas (which they can freely do now) and you won't have to pay a cent to help them relocate.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't think you understand what I'm saying: If Texans are smart enough to reject secession and leave on their own free will, they should be compensated by the Free State of Texas for the adjustment and cost of moving to the United States.

Like everything else, they will have to go through the normal immigration rules (fast tracked, of course) and your state can choose to limit the number of Texans moving into it if they choose.

In this fashion you will see fewer residents moving in from Texas (which they can freely do now) and you won't have to pay a cent to help them relocate.
Thanks for the clarification, yes, that would definitely work for me. We need to stop the Texan immigration and secure the borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or