Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
What Clinton lie would you like to discuss? Trump's deportation lie was one of the primary reasons why teabaggers voted for him. Now he's reneging on probably his biggest promise. What's next? Changing his promise to build a wall. The other GOP candidates argued against Trump's plan and lost. Their plans were more feasible/practical.
No worries on the Trump Wall. He is going to make Mexico pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Mr. Dobson also notes that Trump speaks little of 'belief and faith' and more of 'religion'.

Worry not. According to Newt - making some Sunday rounds - Trump is still 'evolving' when asked about him walking back deportation. And the Muslim Ban. And the wall.

Translation: There will be no mass deportation; no wall; and no Muslim Ban.

His supporters will be SO disappointed.
Newt, the champion of NAFTA, China's entry into WTO and making China's legacy trade relationship permanent? That Newt? Or are we talking about Fig?

Old 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Call it what you want. As long as we are moving 15,000 or illegals per day out of the country then Trump will be keeping his promise.
He implied he would deport fewer than Obama has because, unlike Obama, he has a big heart (and must capture at least 40% of the Hispanic vote to win).

Old 06-29-2016, 05:50 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He implied he would deport fewer than Obama has because, unlike Obama, he has a big heart (and must capture at least 40% of the Hispanic vote to win).

Link, please.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:48 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That's being picayunish.

And the alternative is Hillary? What a joke.
How so? I have a standard for who I want as president. Donald Trump doesn't come even remotely close to meeting any of those standards.

And the alternative is whoever I damn well please. I can vote for myself if I want to. And honestly, if the Republicans didn't want Hillary, maybe they should have done a better job of finding a candidate that is liked by more people. I know Republicans who are voting Democrat because they don't want Trump representing them. Who knew a man with no political experience, who relies heavily on not being politically correct to gain support, and has few firm beliefs at best wouldn't be attractive to a wider audience. I mean, I knew, but I'm thoughtful.

John Kasich, Marco Rubio, hell, Jeb Bush would have made better candidates. Since Mitt Romney wasn't interested, those were the best options. And they made their choice, and all I can say: they deserve to lose.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
How so? I have a standard for who I want as president. Donald Trump doesn't come even remotely close to meeting any of those standards.

And the alternative is whoever I damn well please. I can vote for myself if I want to. And honestly, if the Republicans didn't want Hillary, maybe they should have done a better job of finding a candidate that is liked by more people. I know Republicans who are voting Democrat because they don't want Trump representing them. Who knew a man with no political experience, who relies heavily on not being politically correct to gain support, and has few firm beliefs at best wouldn't be attractive to a wider audience. I mean, I knew, but I'm thoughtful.

John Kasich, Marco Rubio, hell, Jeb Bush would have made better candidates. Since Mitt Romney wasn't interested, those were the best options. And they made their choice, and all I can say: they deserve to lose.

Those you mentioned are all pro-amnesty. How does that make them good candidates?

Old 06-29-2016, 08:11 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
If he has any chance of winning has to move to the center.
I don't think so. Doing that will run the risk of losing his fan base, and most people have already sort of written him off. While I think every president should be closer to the center rather than farther away, Trump moving in wouldn't make him more electable in my humble opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies